• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Winkle

Manager
Please, someone tell me what the f**Ks are they all about, I mean they look like something out of the fifties. Today I saw a rather rotund postie on his bike and I clearly remember my grandmother riding a bike very similar in 1969. How comes you see these police officers on 50 gear mounting bikes built out of kevlar with titanium reinforced brake discs, uprated suspension with built radios in there cycle helmets and yet the Post Office which makes millions of profit everyear decide to equip there employees with bikes that are fit only for people with the name granvillllllllllllleeee!!! Sort it out please!

Last edited:
Please, someone tell me what the f**Ks are they all about, I mean they look like something out of the fifties. Today I saw a rather rotund postie on his bike and I clearly remember my grandmother riding something similar in 1969. How comes you see these police officers on 50 gear mounting bikes built out of kevlar with titanium reinforced brake discs, uprated suspension with built radios in there cycle helmets and yet the Post Office which makes millions of profit everyear decide to equip there employees with bikes that are fit only for people with the name granvillllllllllllleeee!!! Sort it out please!

The bike or the postie?

Post Office which makes millions of profit everyear decide to equip there employees with bikes that are fit only for people with the name granvillllllllllllleeee!!! Sort it out please!

The Post Office made a loss of about £70m last year.
I'm not sure the postmen/women are part of the post office, but part of royal mail which did make a £355m operating profit last year, but the Royal Mail pension scheme cost over £730m to run last year. Was that included in the operating profit figure?

Someone on SZ must be a postie & can confirm why they have such ancient bikes?

It hurts to laugh Wooly, please dont mate! :hilarious:

Up the Shrimpers is bang on. Plus Royal Mail and The Post Office are pretty much a seperate entity! As for the bikes, we have a new range down at Shoebury but the postie's prefer to sue the old bikes. And, due to the lack of money, they cant go spending million and millions on top gear bike stuff when the pension decifit needs filling.

Could be a strike on the cards soon which could see the RM fall to it knee's. Im already on the look out for a new job as i cant see my job being around too much longer unless the CWU and RM come to an agreement!

Kev

The Spanish "Correo" has bright yellow scooters with the mail hanging off open panniers either side of the back wheel; it doesn't mean that they get the post faster to our doorways though. Yesterday morning (29/05/07) I received an information from Southend United to join the 'Blues Lottery' scheme; it was dated 30th March 2007.

Please, someone tell me what the f**Ks are they all about, I mean they look like something out of the fifties. Today I saw a rather rotund postie on his bike and I clearly remember my grandmother riding a bike very similar in 1969. How comes you see these police officers on 50 gear mounting bikes built out of kevlar with titanium reinforced brake discs, uprated suspension with built radios in there cycle helmets and yet the Post Office which makes millions of profit everyear decide to equip there employees with bikes that are fit only for people with the name granvillllllllllllleeee!!! Sort it out please!

You dont want to see my rusty old bike then :p

Those bikes that posties use are city bikes and are meant for jobs like these. Moutain bikes are meant for " off the road" sort of stuff and they are simply to much for delivering post.

been tempted...but that was probably because i hate the ****er (the postie)

Plus no one wants to nick the current bikes..

You would be surprised what bikes get nicked here! I had a car accident at the start of march and my bike was damaged pretty badly (400 euros to fix it), so I thought " nobody is going to nick this piece of junk" so I left it outside locked up!

The next day some idiot nicked the bike (and the lock that came with it)!

I always lock my bikes with two locks now, even though my bicycle is old and on its last legs!

Back