• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Potential new signings for this season

Mate told me that we're also looking at someone called Elvis (not the eel) Hammond?

Mate told me that we're also looking at someone called Elvis (not the eel) Hammond?

Ex-Fulham - was a really good prospect. Think he went to Leicester (and maybe Bristol Rovers).

Would be quite happy with him.

EDIT: didnt realise he was 30! Blimey...

Last edited:
Ex-Fulham - was a really good prospect. Think he went to Leicester (and maybe Bristol Rovers).

No thanks.

Was at Cheltenham last season and they got rid. Says it all...

hasnt done much for a while - went to Cheltenham and got released after 9 goals in 40-odd games.

Frankly I'd prefer someone who's banging them in on a non-league level.

hasnt done much for a while - went to Cheltenham and got released after 9 goals in 40-odd games.

Frankly I'd prefer someone who's banging them in on a non-league level.

They'd command a fee though Naps...

Not excited about Hammond either to be honest. Certainly no better than what we have here.

Didn't Hammond score against us for Cheltenham in the Carling Cup last season (or was it the season before)? I'd like to think McLeod would be a top signing, particularly with his pace, but something has undoubtedly gone pear-shaped in his career and at 25 he should be peaking, not heading towards the scrapheap. Unless he comes cheap we should stay clear.

Didn't Hammond score against us for Cheltenham in the Carling Cup last season (or was it the season before)? I'd like to think McLeod would be a top signing, particularly with his pace, but something has undoubtedly gone pear-shaped in his career and at 25 he should be peaking, not heading towards the scrapheap. Unless he comes cheap we should stay clear.

With no club, and being rejected from a number of teams, I would imagine his wage expectations have gone down, well I'd hope so anyway!

In fairness to Hammond, he's been dogged by injuries. When he's been fully fit, he's generally done alright and found the net. He started last season superbly.

As for McLeod, if Sturrock thinks he's fit and in the right mindset, I'd hope he'd snap him up in an instant. He could be the difference between an ok season and a very good season. He might now realise as well that if he were to bang in 20 for us this season, it'd move him back up the ladder to where he was.

Looking at Hammond's stats (as per wiki page) 10 goals in 101 games isn't the best return rate, although I can imagine most were as a sub?!

I don't see Hammond as an upgrade on Corr and Sturrock. McLeod on the other hand could be a very, very good signing.

Craddock is going to Barnet for 100k. We shouldn't be spending anything like that on any player.

Actually, I take that back. I got told by a Barnet fan yesterday (before the Craddock story hit the BBC and Sky) that they were about to sign him. Now it looks like half a dozen Clubs think he's on the way to them.

Either way I doubt we're likely.

Wilfred Bouma is on a free....now that would be decent signing!!!

Also, Jay Demerit....

Last edited:
Wilfred Bouma is on a free....now that would be decent signing!!!

Also, Jay Demerit....

Wilfrid Brambell may be nearer our pockets.

about3.jpg

Back