• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

League One Title, best season ever. Pretty hard to beat that even if we did the promotion/JPT double IMO.

1990-91 was better. First time we ever got promoted to the second tier, plus a crazy Leyland Daf run that saw us score 10 in a game as well as score 7 past Torquay in 35 minutes.

We had never been promoted to the second tier it in 84 years and many doubted we'd ever do it. It was virgin territory.

We could get to Wembley 3 times in a season, that would be cool :smile:

It's five times in a calendar year, when you include the Charity Shield.

I'm actually genuinely concerned that the wheels might be about to fall off. Yesterday was a crushing defeat and we've lost the midfield that was making all the difference....I hope I'm wrong, but I fear for our season.

And no this isn't a knee jerk reaction, it's based on form (we did concede 5 against Oxford and brentford let's not forget) combined with injuries.

Time to shine once more in the transfer market Luggy!

If you look at things from a bookies eye, then we are probably just above the level predicted, Luggy has a good record and in him we must trust to defy those odds. Weve not managed to do much of note against the better teams so in reality we must ensure we are the best of the rest. We lack quality in depth and with injuries we are starting to struggle. The back end is where it counts and by then we will hopefully have got over the fixture clutter and run of injuries. As ever we live in hope. I could survive without Wembley, promotion will do.

Back