• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Powell Out Now

Chris in or out.

• Total voters
Who are you to say I’m on my own?

League position is always more important than points total! I know from day one which league position is safe and that never changes from day 1 to final day.....the points required to stay up is variable and not known until the last knockings.

You tell me the exact points needed to stay up and I’ll tell you the exact league position needed and we’ll see who’s closer....

I’ll go for 5th bottom as defo safe.....over to you...
Ok, I will give a simple example to demonstrate the point that I believe you are missing (and if you don't agree then please don't expect a further response....I have lost the will to carry on).

Which is better, 12th place but 3 points off the bottom 4, or 17th place but 10 points off the bottom 4?
Please don't say 12th place.......

He should have been sacked weeks ago. What's the point on keeping him. When we get relegated he hasn't the nous to get us back. And bang goes the dreams of a new ground. Is he Dick Bate in disguise.

Ok, I will give a simple example to demonstrate the point that I believe you are missing (and if you don't agree then please don't expect a further response....I have lost the will to carry on).

Which is better, 12th place but 3 points off the bottom 4, or 17th place but 10 points off the bottom 4?
Please don't say 12th place.......

Well obviously 10 points in 17th but Jesus compare apples with apples!!!

You tell me then, 10 points off 4th bottom but in 12th or 10 points off 4th bottom but 17th bottom?

And please don’t say 17th.

Well obviously 10 points in 17th but Jesus compare apples with apples!!!

You tell me then, 10 points off 4th bottom but in 12th or 10 points off 4th bottom but 17th bottom?

And please don’t say 17th.
Please see my previous post.

Today I've changed my mind too. You judge a manager on how he deals with what players he has available and how he adjusts to injuries/loss of form. It's clear CP has been desperately unlucky with injuries, especially losing Hopper and then his replacement Humphrys probably for the rest of the season. I could see how that has coloured his team selection but today ….. no!!! Big players are back in the side …. Oxley, Demi, Kiernan, Lennon. CP says the players are lacking in confidence but his team selection reflected HIS lack of confidence in his players. There was absolutely no need to start with three centre backs at home against Wimbledon especially as Turner has been a jittery liability this season. That would have created a space up front for either Charlie or (my preference) Wabo to give the Wombles someone else to mark and allow Cox to play his more natural game. I've seen too many relegation seasons to be surprised that we're in another battle but I find it hard to accept us going down with a whimper. We're going to make mistakes at the back, we're going to have cruel luck but if we're frightened of the opposition before a ball is kicked and we're not busting a gut to score goals we're going to get exactly what we deserve. It will hit the clubs finances hard to sack CP now but I believe that a new approach from say Kevin Maher is worth a shot for the rest of the season.

I haven't read any of the above, but FWIW, I have serious concerns about CP and his management team. So much so, that I have decided to strip him of his Sir status. Yes, it's THAT serious!

I'd have more faith if I could genuinely see a plan, short or long term. A system of playing and a belief in either.

The fact is that CP doesn't even have any faith in it himself. His pre-match interview was like listening to someone stepping out to announce the death of a loved one. His post-match one was even worse.

He has had over 50 matches now and has no idea what system to play and changes personnel on a weekly basis and without any obvious reason.

I backed PB until I felt the lights had gone out in his belief and the players in him.

For me, we have reached the same situation with CP. His body language today was one of a resigned manager clocking up his excuses as the game meandered along in front of him.

I'll back any manager with a plan and players who believe in it, but we have neither now and if a change isn't made, we will be relegated. It's as simple as that.

He has to go. That was as bad as anything Phil Brown served up, and Tuesday was worse. Two really poor teams, and we've not only lost them both, we never looked like doing anything else but lose.

Yes, we have injuries, but right now, those injuries are Hopper, Humphreys and Coker. Every other first team starter is now fit. We are a broken side, with no tactics, no plan and no fight. We have one recognised first team forward. We are lining up with five defenders at home, and the best one probably on the bench.

You know, sometimes the rot just sets in. There is nothing you can do about it. We don't look like scoring anytime soon, let alone winning. This teams needs a spark, it needs a kick up the arse, its needs something. Chris Powell isn't the man to do that.

Difficulty is, who do you bring in. Kevin Maher is the obvious choice but he has no managerial experience and comes from within.

A lot of mention has been made of luck. Yes we have had some very very bad luck with injuries BUT I believe most would have wanted Theo starting with Cox since Humphreys got injured.
We got lucky with the non goal and Gillingham.
We should have got an equalizer v Barnsley in cup but should have been 4 down against Portsmouth.
Playing 5 at back repeatedly when they get in each others way and indecisive, and Turner makes a fluff, or 2 every game is not bad luck but poor judgement.
Playing Cox alone or with minimal support of a winger or midfielder is poor.
We are in trou le because we have been insipid, frail, frightened, timid and poorly directed

Adam Barrett - why would you unless you want to ruin the reputation of another ex- player. Need someone whose track record suggest he might sort out this mess - because it is sort outable.

Really upsetting.

I still think we’ve got enough to scrape staying up - whether we do is another story. Whether we deserve to is also another story.

Would we be in this position with a fully fit squad? Would another manager definitely keep us up? If we got a new manager in and we got relegated would we be another step away from where you want us to be?

If we were going to get rid of him I think you need to do it before 15 games to go.

Tough.

Sickening.

Saddening.

Really hard to accept.

Back