• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dont know about you lot but this fashion for playing loud "rousing" music for 30 minutes before K.O. which all Clubs now do really narks me off . When the music is turned off just as the players kick off the place is more or less silent and there is no atmosphere . I used to much prefer it when both sets of supporters would engage in their own pre match singing battle , to almost gain what felt like the upper hand before a ball was even kicked. I say lets break the mould go back to the future and get someone like Terry Alderton out on the pitch before the game with a mike in hand and get some singing and noise made so that the players come out into an uplifting atmosphere . At the moment its more like going to the cinema where you get a big fake build up and then silence as the film starts. This is sport , live sport , in the worlds 4 th biggest League , I dont want some Americanised canned atmosphere any more . If Terry A. cant or wont do it , I'll get out there myself and promise to create a better more genuine more enjoyable football atmosphere than is currently the case.

I prefer it as it is. In the Nelson until 2.50 and at my seat just as the teams are about to kick-off. The loudness of the music certainly doesn't bother me in the build-up.

I prefer it as it is. In the Nelson until 2.50 and at my seat just as the teams are about to kick-off. The loudness of the music certainly doesn't bother me in the build-up.

Yes but for those of us that go to the game with younger children/brothers or sisters etc. it's not possible to go to the pub and therefore it might be quite nice to have something more going on inside the stadium before the match. Having said that, I couldn't care less about the pre-match as long as we win the game :p

You can take kids into the Nelson, no probs. The pre-match entertainment is limited, I must admit, but I quite enjoy watching 2 OAP's getting into an heated argument about a missing Cornish pasty, as happened the other week.

Perhaps if we sang along to ther agument we could imitate that famous Hall atmosphere of bad food, sporadic chanting and plenty of moaning.

It isn't the loudness of the music that is the problem it is the type of music. There's no chant in the world that can compete with the drivel that is blasted at us from 10 mins before kick off. Sadly we have no club anthem except for the miserable attempt that was made a couple of years back.

I'm looking forward to the Jumbatrons at the new ground, showing highlights of recent goals and past legends to the tune of Glory Glory SUFC (or hopefully something better and unique). Until that time I'll use the excuse to slip behind the West for a last pre-match ciggie.

We've always had pre-match music (my first season supporting southend it was Madonna's 'Step into the Groove back in the mid-80's) , although before we had all those extra speakers put in it used to be played over the PA system so it was easily ignored.

I've noticed that if they play it right to the kick-off then the crowd is subdued but when they've killed it a minute or two beforehand then it gives the crowd a chance to gain their voice.

Listening to the Stoke game on the radio via t'internet, I noticed that Stoke had the same pre-match music we had (that classical piece, don't know what it's called). Didn't seem to shut them up though.

Dont know about you lot but this fashion for playing loud "rousing" music for 30 minutes before K.O. which all Clubs now do really narks me off . When the music is turned off just as the players kick off the place is more or less silent and there is no atmosphere . I used to much prefer it when both sets of supporters would engage in their own pre match singing battle , to almost gain what felt like the upper hand before a ball was even kicked. I say lets break the mould go back to the future and get someone like Terry Alderton out on the pitch before the game with a mike in hand and get some singing and noise made so that the players come out into an uplifting atmosphere . At the moment its more like going to the cinema where you get a big fake build up and then silence as the film starts. This is sport , live sport , in the worlds 4 th biggest League , I dont want some Americanised canned atmosphere any more . If Terry A. cant or wont do it , I'll get out there myself and promise to create a better more genuine more enjoyable football atmosphere than is currently the case.

I have to agree with you on that one. I have heard 300 people make more noise then 9-000(home fans). It means the players have to go and do somthing to lift the atmousphere which could by all means create more pressure on themselfs.

It isn't the loudness of the music that is the problem it is the type of music. There's no chant in the world that can compete with the drivel that is blasted at us from 10 mins before kick off. Sadly we have no club anthem except for the miserable attempt that was made a couple of years back.

I'm looking forward to the Jumbatrons at the new ground, showing highlights of recent goals and past legends to the tune of Glory Glory SUFC (or hopefully something better and unique). Until that time I'll use the excuse to slip behind the West for a last pre-match ciggie.

Sounds like you should be at Tottenham with your mates.

At least we've got rid of that boring **** who used to drone on for hours (seemed like) before the game. The pre-match music is **** in my book and way too loud. Although its not as bad in the West as the East stand where they must turn it up loud for the older fans.

The pre-match 'entertainment' does a cracking job of keeping me in the Spread until as late as possible.

Sounds like you should be at Tottenham with your mates.

Nice one ! 15-Love

i'm really bored of that song that we've played for years for when the players come out. I really liked the star wars theme tune that spurs used. that was quality!

An early contender for post of the year.

I don't have a problem with the music per se. The issue I have is that it should finish a bit earlier, maybe when the players come out onto the pitch. At the moment the music drowns out all the chanting, people can't be heard so they give up and the game starts in silence. If the music stopped a little bit earlier, then maybe the chanting would continue longer...

Back