• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

PRE-MATCH THREAD - EURO 2021 Czech Republic v England- Tuesday 22nd June 2021 8pm

What do you think the England result will be on Tuesday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Better but not impressive.England will clearly be beaten by the first decent team they play next Tuesday.Probably France,

England have already beaten the first decent team they've played when they beat Croatia in the opening match.

Other than France (who then struggled v Hungary) beating Germany I don't think anyone has claimed a bigger scalp than that.

Italy and Netherlands have looked good but they've played no-one of any note. Belgium's best win was against Denmark. Spain have played no-one of any note and still neither won nor looked good.

You may not be impressed but other teams will be wanting to avoid England and won't see them as the walkover you appear to.

Thought it was an improvement on the Scotland performance and we started well but in the second half reverted to type - lots of passing around with little urgency or penetration. There were plenty of positives. Another clean sheet, Maguire got 90 minutes and didn't look off the pace, and he gives us those marauding runs forward which Mings doesn't as much. Saka was bright, Henderson got game time, Pickford very assured again and looks a more mature player now.

I can understand why Southgate is taking a pragmatic approach and at the end of the day if you don't concede you won't lose. Teams have won tournaments in the past without playing particularly well in the group stage, but I can't help but feel we have probably the most exciting generation of attacking players we've ever had and they're not really getting the opportunity to shine. Maybe playing against better opponents in the next round will suit us as we won't have as much possession and will get more opportunities to counter. Neither Scotland nor Czech Republic seemed bothered about winning the game.

Rarely do teams dominate international tournaments, in each round they just about do enough to progress.

It is all about getting out the group stage. I think I heard a stat the other day saying that out of the last 8 tournaments, only 1 or 2 of the winners got full points at the group stage.

In 2016, Portgual didn't win a game in 90 minutes until the semi-finals.

England have already beaten the first decent team they've played when they beat Croatia in the opening match.

Other than France (who then struggled v Hungary) beating Germany I don't think anyone has claimed a bigger scalp than that.

Italy and Netherlands have looked good but they've played no-one of any note. Belgium's best win was against Denmark. Spain have played no-one of any note and still neither won nor looked good.

You may not be impressed but other teams will be wanting to avoid England and won't see them as the walkover you appear to.

Unforunately for England they won't be playing Croatia next Tuesday!If they play France they'll lose!

The last world cup,England had loads of luck,mainly the draw.If we had been on the otherside of the draw.We would have been knocked out early.
This group we expected to get out off and did.
But now we play the big teams.
Just asked the German keeper if they can win in London
He repied "YES..Wembley loves Germany"
I expect that love affair to carry on tuesday....But GOD,i hope im wrong

Not quite sure how you arrive at France to finish second in Group F Barna. And nothing is clear when it comes to football.

QED.It's hisory now but I'msure you'll remember that Porugal were in he lead for most of he first half after their pen.During that time htey were top of Group F and France second.Likewise if Portugal had gone ahead afer their second pen.in the last 10 mins or so of the game they'd 've been top.

Back