• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'd like to play Billericay Town. Interesting things are happening there.

Currently spending a lot on playing staff, their owners plan is to take them to League Two with gates of 5k. I'm sure they'd love to play their local rival and take that scalp for bragging rights.

Tradition dictates that whoever our pre-season friendlies are against we won't be happy. My personal preference would be to arrange a pre-season tour that helps me tick off a few more of the 92- I hear Grimsby is supposed to be nice in late July:unsure:

I'd like to play Billericay Town. Interesting things are happening there.

Currently spending a lot on playing staff, their owners plan is to take them to League Two with gates of 5k. I'm sure they'd love to play their local rival and take that scalp for bragging rights.

Billericay would never get 5k gates in League 2, let alone on the way to League 2. They would need a ground that could hold more than 5k to start with.

Little mini tour to Spain - Alicante area. Friendlies against Elche, Real Murcia or Hercules. Training Base to being Torrevieja! It will give Phil Brown the chance to buy me the pint he owes me for being at Shrewsbury last season!
Any of the above are local to me!!

I think it would be a good move to play Orient. Local non league ones I enjoy include Wakering, Canvey, Billericay and Dartford, so would be happy with any of those. Hope to add some different ones too this year. Love pre-season - a chance to see the lads again and to meet up with friends :smiles:

What about a short tour of Éire? Especially if Flybe open up the Dublin flights from Southend. Great opportunity for the craic if you fancy it. It would also give Beefy and Fatgrandad the chance to file match reports. Bohemians and Shelbourne maybe?

West Ham at home.

That way with the 134 page thread of moaning about it our advertisers get a nice boost.

I don't care a lot for friendlies anyway, OBL's suggestion of Orient is a good one, at least it adds something to the game playing a local side.

Colchester being another small team from the lower leagues that would probably benefit from a bigger club ? :smile:

I think it would be a good move to play Orient.

I agree and it would also be an opportunity to show our support for their situation. We may not be the best of friends but the way that club is being run into the ground is disgraceful.

Billericay would never get 5k gates in League 2, let alone on the way to League 2. They would need a ground that could hold more than 5k to start with.

I agree with you, but that's his plan nonetheless and it wouldn't surprise me if they have ground before we have ours.

Planning has been submitted in two stages, one being a £2m redevelopment of the ground in general, club house, floodlights, 3/4G pitches and training facilities etc. The other being being a 5,000 seated capacity, 8,000 total capacity.

The link for the redevelopment:

http://planning.basildon.gov.uk/onl...s.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=ONU9RTCQFVJ00

Arsenal ,have we ever played Arsenal.home preferably,other than them,Sampdoria dont ask me why they just sprang to mind .
:unsure:

Never in a competitive fixture; the only team in the '92' this season that we haven't played.

We did play them in a friendly in the mid-90s though (1995?) when Bergkamp made his first appearance in Arsenal colours.

Hemel Hempstead away please. Or St Albans City. Or Kings Langley. See, plenty of options being put forward here...

Fulham would be nice, chuck in Forest Green plus the local non league clubs.

Back