• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not got a clue who everyone else has signed dont really know who will be a threat but basically apart from defence love the side so I think we will come 3rd.

Latest standings

0.9%Accrington Stanley
8.5%AFC Wimbledon
0.4%Aldershot Town
1.5%Barnet
3.4%Bradford City
8.4%Bristol Rovers
0.4%Burton Albion
0.7%Cheltenham Town
9.9%Creepy Crawley Town
2.1%Crewe Alexandra
1.9%Dagenham & Relegated
3.4%Gillingham
0.8%Hereford United
1.1%Macclesfield Town
0.4%Morecambe
9.4%Northampton Town
4.1%Oxford United
4.1%Plymouth Argyle
2.6%Port Vale
2.2%Rotherham United
4%Shrewsbury Town
21%
Southend United :winking:
6.2%Swindon Town
2.4%Torquay United

Top 5 of Guardians vote

1. Southend 21%
2. Northampton Town 9.9%
3. Crawley 9.9%
4. AFC Wimbledon 8.6%
5. Bristol Rovers 8.5%

I think another poll has been swayed by SZ yet again :happy:

Good work with the Grauniad people :clap:

The Racing Post published their big preview yesterday. In terms of Southend:

"Started last season in financial turmoil but ended up in mid-table security. Paul Sturrock has fostered a great team spirit at Roots Hall and their excellent home form and the arrival of Neil Harris may mean an improvement on last year's 13th placed finish"

The words 'ringing' and 'endorsement' hardly spring to mind there. Anyhow, their tipster's headline recommendations were Shrewsbury and Rotherham.

They also quizzed odds compilers and PR guys from all the major bookmaking firms. None tipped us for League Two, with most going for Crawley (although at prices as short as 3/1 I know our traders are very happy to lay them). A couple of shouts for Swindon and Bristol Rovers too.

Perhaps most interestingly, the Racing Post tipped up Barry Corr to be League Two's top goalscorer. It was 33/1 yesterday, he is now a best priced 28/1 with BetFred and BlueSq.

There was even a big picture of mighty Barry on p52 to get me all excited.

Good work with the Grauniad people :clap:

The Racing Post published their big preview yesterday. In terms of Southend:

"Started last season in financial turmoil but ended up in mid-table security. Paul Sturrock has fostered a great team spirit at Roots Hall and their excellent home form and the arrival of Neil Harris may mean an improvement on last year's 13th placed finish"

The words 'ringing' and 'endorsement' hardly spring to mind there. Anyhow, their tipster's headline recommendations were Shrewsbury and Rotherham.

They also quizzed odds compilers and PR guys from all the major bookmaking firms. None tipped us for League Two, with most going for Crawley (although at prices as short as 3/1 I know our traders are very happy to lay them). A couple of shouts for Swindon and Bristol Rovers too.

Perhaps most interestingly, the Racing Post tipped up Barry Corr to be League Two's top goalscorer. It was 33/1 yesterday, he is now a best priced 28/1 with BetFred and BlueSq.

There was even a big picture of mighty Barry on p52 to get me all excited.

Wow, tipping Shrewsbury and Rotherham who finished, what, 4th and 5th last season(?) - that's a really brave call. Putting their reputation on the line there.

The Racing Post's tip of Barry Corr is however ballsy. Having done all that research and then to pick a player as top-scorer who starts the season on the treatment table and has a long history of injuries is certainly courageous. No doubting his quality, but he has it all to prove fitness wise. Add in playing for a defensive manager and a change in forward partners from an assist man to a goalscorer, which may well mean a slightly different role for BBB, and that's a huge call tipping Corr.

Spoiler:  
Or that was just the name pulled out of the hat

Wow, tipping Shrewsbury and Rotherham who finished, what, 4th and 5th last season(?) - that's a really brave call. Putting their reputation on the line there.

4th and 6th in the betting - Shrews were 14s with bet365/Hills and Rotherham 20/1 with Hills. Whilst hardly outrageous calls, the 'really brave' thing would have been to have gone with Crawley, like most of the odds compilers / PR guys did.

Also, I forgot to mention that they tipped us up in the handicap betting, receiving a 20pt start. Morecambe were their 11/2 tip for relegation.

Back