• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wow, tipping Shrewsbury and Rotherham who finished, what, 4th and 5th last season(?) - that's a really brave call. Putting their reputation on the line there.

The Racing Post's tip of Barry Corr is however ballsy. Having done all that research and then to pick a player as top-scorer who starts the season on the treatment table and has a long history of injuries is certainly courageous. No doubting his quality, but he has it all to prove fitness wise. Add in playing for a defensive manager and a change in forward partners from an assist man to a goalscorer, which may well mean a slightly different role for BBB, and that's a huge call tipping Corr.

Anybody not tipping BBBC is obviously a fool or a knave.

Anybody not tipping BBBC is obviously a fool or a knave.

Whilst BBBC will obviously rip the division apart once more, I think goals will be the wrong measure of his success. I think his role switches from goalscorer to targetman to accomodate Harris. He'll still score, but it won't be his primary role and therefore shouldn't be what he is judged on.

I am no doubt both a fool and a knave, but I think Corr as top League Two goal-scorer is an exceptionally bad bet.

Whilst BBBC will obviously rip the division apart once more, I think goals will be the wrong measure of his success. I think his role switches from goalscorer to targetman to accomodate Harris. He'll still score, but it won't be his primary role and therefore shouldn't be what he is judged on.

I am no doubt both a fool and a knave, but I think Corr as top League Two goal-scorer is an exceptionally bad bet.

I'm not sure about that. He won't play as many games as we now have the depth in the squad to rest him if he picks up a knock but our best football under Sturrock has been playing 4-3-3 and I'd expect us to play that a lot this season, with the side then being set up to supply Corr. Whether he'll be top scorer in the division it's hard to say but I'd be fairly confident that he'll outscore Harris.

I think YB has a point, and Barry might have something of an off year in the goal scoring department. He might not quite crack the hundred mark.

The Metro this morning selected Barry Corr as one of 5 players to watch in the football league this season.

The Shackleford Plain Dealer this morning selected Barry Corr as one of 2 players to watch in the football universe this season. The other player selected was Barry Corr.

Back