• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Only one home game. Vs Leeds on 22nd. Great Wakering away on 7th, Orient away 28th. Spurs behind closed doors at some point. Think there's a game vs Aveley too, might be 12th.

Quite a bare schedule.

Yep your correct, but this isn't a 1st team game, it's just an under 23 game.

This extended heatwave and drought won't help the new pitch, will it? They can't play pre-season games on it, surely?

I actually think that in past seasons we have played too many pre season friendlies and it just adds extra games to what is a long season. It needs to be balanced, just the right amount to the squad up to speed.

I actually think that in past seasons we have played too many pre season friendlies and it just adds extra games to what is a long season. It needs to be balanced, just the right amount to the squad up to speed.

I think that depends on how many players we have who are genuine contenders for first team slots ............. and we seem to have quite a few for the coming season. If both teams are allowed to use multiple substitutes then a pre-season game could mean only 45 minutes of footie for certain players .......

....... so if we (Southend United) were looking to try multiple permutations in midfield then more games might be required.

Back