• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Premiership to Launch Next English Domination Scheme?

EastStandBlue

Life President
Whilst SZ was down, this nugget came out in the Evening Standard during an interview with Palace Co-Chairman Steve Parish: http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/marke...-the-parish-pump-as-palace-starts-to-rally.do

Basically, the gist of it is that the Premier League want to enforce an Adademy scheme where an EPL club would have the right to identify any youth scholar attached to a club in the professional leagues and sign him instantly for a pre-determined and fixed compensation package. So, essentially, EPL clubs will be given the power to cherry pick whichever player takes their fancy for a pittance, no matter their potential or ability.

I wonder who proposed that idea, then? I'd stick my house on it being Gartside.

That is an absolutely disgusting idea! And yes I would agree with you that you can almost guarantee it was Gartside that come up with it! I hate the man. Everything is all about his own club and sod the rest of the leagues. He always seems to make more noise about no relegation from the Prem etc when his team are near the bottom! For example we haven't heard him this season because Bolton are doing well and have no threat of being relegated and effectively ruining his club.

As for the proposal, it would kill any side outside the Premier League even bothering to have an academy or youth set up because they know as soon as they get a half decent player a Premier League side will just come in and say there is £5,000 because that is all we have to pay you for this potential star, because that is what the FA said we have to pay, who we are going to sell for £10,000,000 and make a mint, whilst you can just turn out a few more of these potential stars and we will be back in a couple of months to take those as well!

If this goes through, I may actually stop watching the Premier League, because this would be one step to far. The big TV deals, the Lucrative sponsorship, the silly wages and transfer deals are becoming the same in most Leagues around Europe now, but stealing the youth players from clubs below them and not having to pay their way to clubs that struggle to survive year on year is just a complete disgrace and this idea should be laughed back to, and rammed down Gartside's throat (if it is him of course, which it more than likely is :smile:)

If it goes through, or even reaches the EPL AGM agenda, then I'd imagine there'd be uproar from the majority of football league chairmen and there'll be serious concerns about the governance of the Premier League. If you read this: http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/dav...c/15/fa-new-chairman-lord-triesman-government, Triesman made it pretty clear before leaving that the EPL is spiralling out of control and there needs to be stronger governance and a stronger, more beneficial link to the Football League.

Back