• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Have been having a bit of a row on FB with one of hubby's ex colleagues who used to be a good laugh but has become pretty much of a political activist, pre-election for the Greens, but subsequently for Labour, and in particular for Corbyn, plus organising rallies for "#Black lives matter". She happened to call me a "privileged, white, Tory", which I took a certain amount of umbrage to. She then asked me to read this article about "privilege".....

http://everydayfeminism.com/2015/07/what-privilege-really-means/

I think it actually made me more angry. I don't think anyone would doubt my politics, but I am quite moderate and not far right leaning. I am certainly white. I still don't think I like the word "privileged" though.......I consider myself fortunate to have been born where I was, and proud to be British....is it a "privilege" though? As the conversation went on, I asked if she was saying all white people (not just here in the UK) were "privileged"? And, yes, it turns out, that was what she was saying.

Am rather gob smacked at the attitude, and wondered what people on here thought?

Have been having a bit of a row on FB with one of hubby's ex colleagues who used to be a good laugh but has become pretty much of a political activist, pre-election for the Greens, but subsequently for Labour, and in particular for Corbyn, plus organising rallies for "#Black lives matter". She happened to call me a "privileged, white, Tory", which I took a certain amount of umbrage to. She then asked me to read this article about "privilege".....

I think it actually made me more angry. I don't think anyone would doubt my politics, but I am quite moderate and not far right leaning. I am certainly white. I still don't think I like the word "privileged" though.......I consider myself fortunate to have been born where I was, and proud to be British....is it a "privilege" though? As the conversation went on, I asked if she was saying all white people (not just here in the UK) were "privileged"? And, yes, it turns out, that was what she was saying.

Am rather gob smacked at the attitude, and wondered what people on here thought?

Sounds like the loon has been bitten by a rabid dog,don't go near her.:stunned:

#checkyourprivilege

My views on privilege are these:
1. Having privilege (normally by being white, straight, male etc) doesn't make you a bad person, but it's about remembering (check your privilege) that you've got advantages over others due to certain things you were born with.
2. Privilege isn't really about individuals, but instead it's about the systemic treatment of different types of people.

I don't see what is so anger-inducing from that article you've posted.

#checkyourprivilege

My views on privilege are these:
1. Having privilege (normally by being white, straight, male etc) doesn't make you a bad person, but it's about remembering (check your privilege) that you've got advantages over others due to certain things you were born with.
2. Privilege isn't really about individuals, but instead it's about the systemic treatment of different types of people.

And on that note

http://www.si.com/cauldron/2015/09/27/twitter-threats-vile-remarks-women-sports-journalists

Tell her to **** off and finish the dishes and stop ramming her feminist crap down everyone's gullet. Lesbo, penny lickers get right on my tits.

I was privileged to see Freddie score against Man U, I was privileged to see Freddie and Duncan Jupp score against Lincoln and I was privileged to see Joe Pigott score against Wycombe, and finally I was priviledged to be there when my kids were born. That's what the word really means to me. And I didn't share any of that with Maisha Z Johnson so she couldn't add it to her findings.

ps - I'm also privileged to have met and married my wife (she says).

Last edited:

It's because of the use of the word "privilege", like Rootshallbloke says, it's not how I use the word. I consider myself fortunate to be a white, British, female but I don't consider it a privilege.

It's everything else to do with this woman though, she's just gone totally gungho about political stuff and rams it down your throat at every opportunity. Yet, while she was waiting for her pay off from work after being given medical release from her contract, it was us she came begging for money to.

It is an American article isn't it? It has some relevance but not that much, especially in a "shire" area. Find out what her idea of your privilige is if it something unchangable (race, hieght) then explain that to her and say Ciao.

It is an American article isn't it? It has some relevance but not that much, especially in a "shire" area. Find out what her idea of your privilige is if it something unchangable (race, hieght) then explain that to her and say Ciao.
Already done, my friend!

This might sound strange but the harder I work the more privileged I seem to have become

Back