• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wasn't expecting a welcome mate - just trying to avoid getting caned for anything other than my opinion!

I reserve my right to liberally cane you when i see fit, as a pick-me-up to my club's sorry situation i shall seek to belittle you as best i can and to give myself and some other Southend fans some entertainment during these many serious club-threatening threads that we have to endure during the week whilst awaiting another game and the desparate need for 3 points.

Keep coming back me old scummer.

When Ron took over the club was in a poor state but we at least had something (not much granted) in the way of assets. Thanks to Ron we now have nothing, no new ground, no ground at all, and not even 11 professionals. It may not of been Ron intention to pull the club down, but that is exactly what he is doing.

If Martin has any rabbits in a hat, i would suggest now is the time to reveal all, IMO unfortunately i think Ron has shaken all the money trees, and milked all the cash cows and we're now ****ed.

True, but as the previous chairman has borrowed substantially against the assets and then been unable to repay (due to losses made of the footballing side) thus necesitating the sale of the assets to cover the debt and allow cash flow, one could say that the die had been cast, whoever came in after VJ was going to have sold the ground, trainng ground etc (unless they had 5M quid sloshing around as loose change)[/QUOTE]

I beg to differ - you could argu that when Ron took over we also had nothing - well we did have roots hall, but also a stonking overdraft!! And by moving the ownership of roots hall to one of his other companies - if SUFC did go to the administrators they wouldn't be able to touch it - Ron's ahead of you on this one I'm afraid..

Of course it's not going to be an easy ride! If a rubbish year is the price we have to pay great - we had many rubbish years under previous chairman, without a stadium project 'well advanced'!!

True, if Ron's vision comes to fruition then great. This terrible period would have been worth it and fair play to the man. However, I'm worried that recent events are far more serious than the club having a 'rubbish year.' And, like many other fans, I have little to no confidence in our Chairman in light of whats going on at the club. If Ron proves me and many others wrong then I'll be delighted to sit in the new stadium singing his name - if not, well, that scenario really doesn't bear thinking about, does it?

True, if Ron's vision comes to fruition then great. This terrible period would have been worth it and fair play to the man. However, I'm worried that recent events are far more serious than the club having a 'rubbish year.' And, like many other fans, I have little to no confidence in our Chairman in light of whats going on at the club. If Ron proves me and many others wrong then I'll be delighted to sit in the new stadium singing his name - if not, well, that scenario really doesn't bear thinking about, does it?

I think Ron would argue that if we didn't do something, then the worst scenario above would happen anyway. Most clubs don't turn a profit, so a relegation or two could finish a club anyway. At least by trying to move grounds to a more 'enabling' development, should give us a chance. Still not sure how the new ground will benefit the club when it doesn't own the revenue generating aspect of the scheme or even the stadium. its only Rons generousity; nothing binding. If he leaves, so does the revenue stream.
Despite this, its the best chance we've got!

True, but as the previous chairman has borrowed substantially against the assets and then been unable to repay (due to losses made of the footballing side) thus necesitating the sale of the assets to cover the debt and allow cash flow, one could say that the die had been cast, whoever came in after VJ was going to have sold the ground, trainng ground etc (unless they had 5M quid sloshing around as loose change)

I beg to differ - you could argu that when Ron took over we also had nothing - well we did have roots hall, but also a stonking overdraft!! And by moving the ownership of roots hall to one of his other companies - if SUFC did go to the administrators they wouldn't be able to touch it - Ron's ahead of you on this one I'm afraid..[/QUOTE]

To be honest we had net worth of 2M according to the accounts, which was 6M owed out and land valued in the accounts at 8M however we were losing a Million a a year and basically were in a similar sitaution as we are now regarding cashflow. Something had to be done to get some cash from somehere crystalising some assets would have been the only option. The only condition was that you would have to take the club over if you want to buy the ground MD / Delancy fancied the real estate and thus "put up" with the club . hence the massive cost cutting exercise of the late 90's they did not want to have to keep a lame duck afloat, they wanted to make their money and ,probably, get out.
Delancey ran out of patience, firstly with JM and eventually with RM and he managed to buy them out.

I had it with King who kills clubs for fun and Ron who aint a clue what his doing, We aint going to die as there money to be made out of Southend United! I say bring that £150,000,000 group of men that want to save our club and lets move forwood,

Whats our old old colours???? or Green and Yellow for the Blue knights is cool?

I had it with King who kills clubs for fun and Ron who aint a clue what his doing, We aint going to die as there money to be made out of Southend United! I say bring that £150,000,000 group of men that want to save our club and lets move forwood,

That some good gear your on

Pray tell, what other club has King "killed"?

And I'd say RM has every idea what he's doing, that much is evident, he's just ran out of money to bank roll us, as he has been doing for the last few years at least, much further.

The good points:
Firstly, we are still here. Not in Administration, not wound up - Ron said we will not go into admin before the last round of court battles, and its still not the case - good to his word so far.
We could have been wound up. We haven't yet - still good to his word.
We have planning permission for a new stadium that no other chairman has ever succeeded in - again, Ron said he would get this through - surely a momentous step of progress? Getting it built and financed is obviously another challenge all together!
What we have achieved under his leadership is truely fantastic - it may be in the past now, but its in history forever and proves he can lead us to success. Done it once, can do it again.
The chicken balti pies ;-)

The bad:
Not paying the staff sits very awkwardly with most of us and would like this to be addressed asap.
Must have pushed Tilly to breaking point; although he is still here.
Getting rid of Brush - Doh!
Playing chicken with HMRC
Timing - trying to raise funds for a new development during the worst recession in living memory (well, most of us anyway)
Onions!

As PBoreham said at the beginning; by all means protest, but know what you want. Think it through. If Ron did as some of you want, who would bank roll the club? Whos going to step in and rescue us? Would Ron still write off the rent? Would any new owners have a better incentive for us to keep afloat and succeed as Ron has? Don't lose sight of the fact that he needs us to fulfil his ambitions. If that doesn't focus his mind to see us through this, then no-one can save us!

Probably the most well reasoned black and white post I've read for a good few weeks. Hope your coming to the Q&A.

And this the worst. LOL!

And I'd say RM has every idea what he's doing, that much is evident, he's just ran out of money to bank roll us, as he has been doing for the last few years at least, much further.

He may be referring to the equally rotund Jeff of Canvey fame, who dropped a few divisions when he jumped ship to Chelmsford a couple of years ago. Other wise I haven't the foggiest.

the protest clip made for crineworthy watching but Rons "I'll see you Monday" was comic genius.... I lol'ed.

lol_cat-12926.jpg

You sure that he's been bankrolling us ? Not sure that the shuffling around of money between highly complexly inter-related companies necessarily constitutes "bankrolling". Sadly it seems that bankrupting might be more apposite.

Back