• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Quick Poll just to gauge things re: RH and FF

Would you rather stay at RH or move to FF

• Total voters

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
So what would be your choice. A redeveloped RH or FF

It's just a vote so lets not turn this into another thread please people.

I don't see how it is feasible in terms of the long term to stay at Roots Hall but if people more knowledgeable than me say it can be refurbished then I'd vote for that.

Where would we play our games whilst Roots Hall was being re-developed? Would be a massive job to do that up to a decent standard. Fear that would take longer than 1 summer to get done.

I love RH and yes it is a S**thole but it is our S**thole
I would love to stay where we are but know this is just not feasible now due to the serious under investment caused by a certain person
If we could stay at RH I am happy to ground share while it needs to be undertaken

I love RH and yes it is a S**thole but it is our S**thole
I would love to stay where we are but know this is just not feasible now due to the serious under investment caused by a certain person
If we could stay at RH I am happy to ground share while it needs to be undertaken
Nothing is Impossible the Word Itself Says I'm Possible - Etsy UK

If Roots Hall is totally redeveloped it's effectively a new stadium as far as I'm concerned - not sure how that is appreciably different from moving to FF (which, under normal circumstances, SHOULD be the better option financially).

Where would we play our games whilst Roots Hall was being re-developed? Would be a massive job to do that up to a decent standard. Fear that would take longer than 1 summer to get done.
It would but think you could do it without moving.

Year 1 - Start building a new East Stand behind the current, once season complete demolish the old one. East Stand ticket holders in West and South for one year

Year 2 - Start Building new North and South stands. Demolish old ones at seasons end. Move West STH into bigger East Stand with exisiting East Holders. Build new pitch

Year 3 - Demolish West Stand and build new one over season. West STH's return follow completion

Something like that?

I voted for FF but would happy to stay at RH but only if a new stadium was built on site.
If we are to move forward as a club we really need a new stadium with excellent facilities. A patched up RH may be beneficial in the short term but would be the worst long term option.

Back