• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Quick Poll just to gauge things re: RH and FF

Would you rather stay at RH or move to FF

• Total voters
i dont live there anymore , but i voted for redevelopment of RH, i THINK IF rh goes and we get a new ground to many of us oldies who first met the old girl way back in the 50s etc ,it would be like losing a son or daughter, sounds drastic it probably is ,but unlike most when i first climbed over the wall and into the toilet block with a couple of mates as a young scallywag it wasnt just the football team i fell in love with but Roots Hall itself ,they say you never forget your first love .

If Luton town can play at Kenilworth road capacity 11k in the premier league and Bournemouth at Dean court capacity 10k then roots hall can be modernised into a 12-14k all seater no problem.

I'd take that all day long .

Absolutely 👍 I’m actually sick of hearing about FF. It’s been going on for 30 years and why anyone would want to build a stadium there is beyond me with absolutely zero transport infrastructure. Obviously, there are those that think otherwise but it we can redevelop RH it would be great. Plus save on the shoe leather too 😬.

Redevelop RH all day long. We'd have to play somewhere else for a year, maybe 2, but theres a lot of land in that main car park to rotate the stadium 90 degrees and also have flats on there. Better train links and better for the local businesses to stay at RH.

Redevelop the Hall.

Fed up of the FF pipe dream now, especially it's association with R*n. Roots Hall could easily be developed into a decent class stadium again and, with the perspective of recent times, to just be somewhere we can play National League football in a month's time would be great.

It's only become a sh**hole because it hasn't been cared about due to it merely being an inconveniently placed football ground on a clueless businessman's property development land for so long.

You start one May and it would be done by the following July wouldn’t it? Means one season playing elsewhere. Just need some money.

Would you like to share some of your ideas, as it sounds like you know more about my background than I do, so can only deduce from this that you are an industry professional...
I was just stating facts that are freely available to every one. I don't know you or what your business is and frankly I don't care. Too many so called experts on this site already. It just seems crazy to me to give up on FF after all the planning permissions and petitions we've gone through over the years. I'm sure there were supporters who did not want to leave the Kursaal. We have to move on to a purpose built site to progress in my un expert opinion.

I was just stating facts that are freely available to every one. I don't know you or what your business is and frankly I don't care. Too many so called experts on this site already. It just seems crazy to me to give up on FF after all the planning permissions and petitions we've gone through over the years. I'm sure there were supporters who did not want to leave the Kursaal. We have to move on to a purpose built site to progress in my un expert opinion.
And therein lies the problem.

I'm hoping that everyone has seen this already? If you have a friend/family member that has a trade, please give them a shout. Do not assume that they'll see this or that someone else will pass it on to them. Please do not accuse anyone of helping Ron, we need that safety certificate to participate in the division next month.

I'm hoping that everyone has seen this already? If you have a friend/family member that has a trade, please give them a shout. Do not assume that they'll see this or that someone else will pass it on to them. Please do not accuse anyone of helping Ron, we need that safety certificate to participate in the division next month.
It is sort of helping Ron though. He should have already done this

And no, most here haven’t seen this

Back