• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A very good night and thanks to all who attended and donated raffle prizes, to Paul the Quiz-Master, his good Lady and Apes for scoring ,Tinks for going shopping ,as that was the first time she has ever been near a shop in her life. *Cough* and Sharon at the club for letting us use the Bar.

It was a shame a few others decided to not bother turning up when they had already entered teams but nevertheless those that were there had fun and a very well done to H and his team for winning.

Thanks all.

sO WHO WERE THE NO SHOWS?

Name and shame then Tone?

Those that did not attend despite saying they would missed a good night. Well done Paul for the questions and his wife and Apes for marking and of course to John for organising - although when it reached 9.30 pm the poor old sod was dead on his feet, still I suppose it was way past his bedtime.
A good sum was raised on the night which all goes into the coffers of the zone so that it can be used free by all.

Oh and well done our team - great effort by all and some lucky educational guesses that paid off :smile:

Name and shame then Tone?

Those that did not attend despite saying they would missed a good night. Well done Paul for the questions and his wife and Apes for marking and of course to John for organising - although when it reached 9.30 pm the poor old sod was dead on his feet, still I suppose it was way past his bedtime.
A good sum was raised on the night which all goes into the coffers of the zone so that it can be used free by all.

Oh and well done our team - great effort by all and some lucky educational guesses that paid off :smile:

Yes i say name and not really shame but deffo name,ive done loads of these things and know how much work it is and the bottom line is you are doing it for others not yourself.
I once put on a football do for over 600 people and two people said thank you at the end,so yes name them but the shame is all on them not others.

I agree Tony, it is ever the way for sports clubs and it seems web sites. It's the same few people that do all the work, and at times I am sure they will feel pretty bloody unappreciated.

Great evening, thanks to everyone for making us so welcome. Excellent questions and atmosphere - will definitely support in future! :thumbsup:

Elephants!

:sherlock: .. this is like a game of whos who

Carlton's team
Mcnasty's team Ken has commented so not guilty
Yorkshire Blues team
Canveys team won so obviously there
James M's team runners up i think
Matt G's team
True Blues team
Trust team Kays lot ??
TZ team Wino was there so i presume his team was
Elmsleigh Rangers team

Carlton's team
Yorkshire Blues team
Matt G's team
True Blues team
Trust team Kays lot ??
Elmsleigh Rangers team

I was part of Harry's team, I think there was another team made up of some Trust members and possibly another one of another Trust member and his family (they may have joined up as one, but I had my back to them so don't know). Yorkie Blue and Mcnasty were on the same team. There may or may not have been 2 TZ teams, or one of them may have been under a different name, Ken and Fran were on a different team to Wino. Guessing you've pretty much worked out then who wasn't there!

Would be nice if you put up the order that the teams came in,also how much raised for the zone and time scale the rest is needed.

So any news on the raffle folks ??

How much raised, how many prizes, winners et al ???

Harry' team won..we raised £420 (after costs)..The raffle prizes went to various people ..BLUEBLOOD won zero although he did purchase £10's worth and donated a case of beer.:clap:

The time scale changes monthly Tony as you can imagine, some goes out and then we need more in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carlton's team
Yorkshire Blues team
Matt G's team
True Blues team
Trust team Kays lot ??
Elmsleigh Rangers team

I was on McNasty's team with Yorkie. We were shocking but I blame that on the questions. Some were rather ambiguous.

:smile:

A very enjoyable night, raised monies to keep the Zone going for a bit longer.

Thanks to everyone who supported us, from the people who bought raffle tickets in the Royal Naval Club to the people who all turned up and contributed and made the evening good fun.

Shame we were let down by those who didn't turn up --- still when they want any help from the Zone they will be dis-appointed.

Back