• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Quote From Yeovil Website

"Jevons had been mauled by Maher all night and when he finally went down to yet another tap on the ankle the M.I.B. gave Yeovil a free kick just outside the box, much to Southend's displeasure."

This is the description of how Yeovil won their free kick....perhaps I have rose tinted glasses but I didn't quite see it the same way, Jevons seems to go down really easy, didn't he win some sort of award for it last year, I seem to remember someone keeping stats on it somewhere.

I always try and be objective, and I am convinced Jevons conned the ref. From where i sit it was absolutely level to me, mind you it was a great free kick. The cheating scouse scally.

Superb free kick, but was a awful decision in the first place. Maher knicked the ball from his toes and released it to Beno, then the ref brings play back because Jevons is on his arse again. Text my mate in the West at half time, moaning that another awful decision from the ref had cost us the game. Thank god I was wrong.

Like canveyshrimper, we were dead in line at the top of the blacks and had a perfect view. It was never a free-kick. Ever.

Jevons 'won' at least three free-kicks on the edge of the box when we played at thier place last season!

I don't care

We won 4-1!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jevons is renowned for his diving (along with Trundle). Can't believe refs haven't wised up to it.

How the Yeovil fan could see that Maher tapped his ankle from 80 yards away I'll never know.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Sep. 28 2005,13:36)]Jevons is renowned for his diving (along with Trundle).  Can't believe refs haven't wised up to it.

How the Yeovil fan could see that Maher tapped his ankle from 80 yards away I'll never know.
The difference is that when Trundle hits the deck it registers 6.8 on the Richter Scale.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wickford Blue @ Sep. 28 2005,11:12)]"Jevons had been mauled by Maher all night and when he finally went down to yet another tap on the ankle..."
Well it seems a strange description to me anyway. I certainly wouldn't class a tap on the ankle as a mauling!

And as others pointed out, 'when he finally went down' is a bit of an exaggeration. Surely even the Yeovil fans realise that he goes down very easily.

It should also be pointed out that, according to the match report on the YTFC website, they completely outclassed us for the whole of the first half, totally dominating the midfiled and restricting us to only a couple of chances, one of which Bentley skied over the bar. The Goat apparently didnt get a crumb out of Crittenden all night and Gutts shot was going well wide until it got a lucky deflection. Strangely, they seem to skirt over the other three goals!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperian @ Sep. 28 2005,15:55)]It should also be pointed out that, according to the match report on the YTFC website, they completely outclassed us for the whole of the first half, totally dominating the midfiled and restricting us to only a couple of chances, one of which Bentley skied over the bar.  The Goat apparently didnt get a crumb out of Crittenden all night and Gutts shot was going well wide until it got a lucky deflection.  Strangely, they seem to skirt over the other three goals!
Just read the report on the YT(C?)FC official site and we were obviously lucky to win. They were causing us havoc in the last few minutes apparently, before Freddy's double strike.
mad.gif

i think the reporter must be related to the iraqui propogander minister who insisted saddam was winning the war as the u s tanks rolled into baghdad behind him !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bas blue @ Sep. 28 2005,16:44)]i think the reporter must be related to the iraqui propogander minister who insisted sadam was winning the war as the u s tanks rolled into baghdad behind him !
Bugger - did Saddam lose?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bas blue @ Sep. 28 2005,16:44)]i think the reporter must be related to the iraqui propogander minister who insisted sadam was winning the war as the u s tanks rolled into baghdad behind him !
If the YTFC match reporter is the Iraqi propoganda minister, that probably makes you one of the UK reporters who was reporting about how easily Iraq was conquered, when the continued fighting suggests otherwise.

They certainly seem to be offering a more balanced report - "to be fair to the home side they probably just about deserved [to take] the lead" etc - than some people on here are. The report doesn't say the win flattered us, it says 4-1 flattered us, which is a fair comment for at least an hour of the game.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Sep. 28 2005,17:03)]
[b said:
Bugger - did Saddam lose?
Saddam lost, but I don't think you can say that the US/UK won.

on the way home on the train there were two yeovil fans saying how Jevons is world class and he will go on to better things, couldn't help but laugh.

In the sun in our very small match report, there caretaker manager can't remember the name 'i don't no what happened in the last 20 mins'
Well let me explain gutts scored a great goal, then Gray scored, then Eastwood got 2 and then the ref blew his whistle for full time and you lost 4-1
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wickford Blue @ Sep. 28 2005,11:12)]"Jevons had been mauled by Maher all night and when he finally went down to yet another tap on the ankle the M.I.B. gave Yeovil a free kick just outside the box, much to Southend's displeasure."

This is the description of how Yeovil won their free kick....perhaps I have rose tinted glasses but I didn't quite see it the same way, Jevons seems to go down really easy, didn't he win some sort of award for it last year, I seem to remember someone keeping stats on it somewhere.
jevons got something like 11 penaltys!!!! last season that gives us a clue that he goes down well especially in the box bloody cheat

Back