• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

R.I.P Dave Cousins-The Big Dady 😢

Didn't know him other than from dedicated input on here, but is such sad news to read. RHBs recollection of his protesting activity rang a bell because I seem to remember reading about it at the time.
Clearly a passionate well known and well liked fan. Condolences to family and all who knew him.

The Club will be honouring Dave before the game with a statement. I have bought some Blue and White flowers on behalf of Shrimperzone to place on his seat. His son @Little big dady will be sitting there to honour his father.

Such a sad time for us all.
May be an image of 3 people

Last edited:
Such sad news. Never had the pleasure of meeting him like many on here

Used to read his official match day threads with a pint in the Groundsmans arms or other watering establishments if an away match. So much information included on the team, form, head to heads. A lot of time and effort went into those threads so that members could get the latest information.

The zone will be a smaller place without him.

Condolences to his family and friends.

The Official Match thread was a work of hard graft and an art for Dave, with so much work and info going into it. Come 14:00hrs it would appear, apart from a couple of times when it was a bit late, and when chased by the tyrant @Cricko, it was discovered that Dave had been having a nap and missed his deadline. Severe leg pulling followed in the mod camp, which, although harsh, was great fun. He was also first in line to produce any amount of SZ Banners lampooning the rat or lauding something we all rated and his 3 amigos art work for the SZ T shirts was the stuff of legend. He didn't need telling, he just did it. So sad that there isn't a Dave leg to pull on now.

The Official Match thread was a work of hard graft and an art for Dave, with so much work and info going into it. Come 14:00hrs it would appear, apart from a couple of times when it was a bit late, and when chased by the tyrant @Cricko, it was discovered that Dave had been having a nap and missed his deadline. Severe leg pulling followed in the mod camp, which, although harsh, was great fun. He was also first in line to produce any amount of SZ Banners lampooning the rat or lauding something we all rated and his 3 amigos art work for the SZ T shirts was the stuff of legend. He didn't need telling, he just did it. So sad that there isn't a Dave leg to pull on now.
Was he instrumental in the CultZero shirts for the kevolucion t-shirts?

1708629089704.png

They were good days never going to forget Torquay,never going to be the same with out dave,condolences to you,and Andy and the rest of the family
I am not sure what was memorable about that Torquay trip apart from ( my early stage dementia allowing lol ) :-

Vivid memory of someone on our mini-bus splitting a net of about 500 Frido footballs which then bounced into the road on the A303, then being sent into orbit as the traffic hit them.

Just noticed an earlier thread by my brother Dave about the trip :-

Yep nearly all true, I was locked in the toilets by the Landlady after half the pub's decor went walkabout, I was released on the surrender of a copper hunting horn so she couldnt have realised just how much had been removed.

I remember the minibus incident slightly different, we noticed a Torquay mob and someone said all out. I was next to the door so was first out and yelling C'mon, but noticed they all started facing off to me, I turned and everyone was either back in the bus or didnt get out, worse still Dave was pulling away. Luckily the driver's window was open, so I grabbed and held on ( whilst headbutting Dave ) and screamed to ****ing drive, whilst they tried to drag me off by my full length sheepskin coat. Dave drove flat out for some distance with me hanging on to the driver's door, not sure why but I always seemed to end up in the ****e.

It was Colin Staines who was first arrested after PC Plod started to set his dog on us ( that was when Steve Waller slipped off the curb and fractured a bone in his ankle )

All for now on this, so many away days, so many fond memories and stories to tell. If you reply guys can you also give your name, as I am new on these boards I havent quite worked out who is who yet.

And a huge thank you for all your kind words about Dave and Roger.

Best, Simon

I didnt know Dave, although I may have bumped into him as I was mates with Colin Staines.
This is very sad as he sounds like a great bloke and a Shrimpers stalwart from way back in my early days, both as Fan and on here.
One of the posters I always looked out for .

RIP Dave

I am not sure what was memorable about that Torquay trip apart from ( my early stage dementia allowing lol ) :-

Vivid memory of someone on our mini-bus splitting a net of about 500 Frido footballs which then bounced into the road on the A303, then being sent into orbit as the traffic hit them.

Just noticed an earlier thread by my brother Dave about the trip :-

Yep nearly all true, I was locked in the toilets by the Landlady after half the pub's decor went walkabout, I was released on the surrender of a copper hunting horn so she couldnt have realised just how much had been removed.

I remember the minibus incident slightly different, we noticed a Torquay mob and someone said all out. I was next to the door so was first out and yelling C'mon, but noticed they all started facing off to me, I turned and everyone was either back in the bus or didnt get out, worse still Dave was pulling away. Luckily the driver's window was open, so I grabbed and held on ( whilst headbutting Dave ) and screamed to ****ing drive, whilst they tried to drag me off by my full length sheepskin coat. Dave drove flat out for some distance with me hanging on to the driver's door, not sure why but I always seemed to end up in the ****e.

It was Colin Staines who was first arrested after PC Plod started to set his dog on us ( that was when Steve Waller slipped off the curb and fractured a bone in his ankle )

All for now on this, so many away days, so many fond memories and stories to tell. If you reply guys can you also give your name, as I am new on these boards I havent quite worked out who is who yet.

And a huge thank you for all your kind words about Dave and Roger.

Best, Simon
Hi Simon, pretty much how I remember Torquay your right many good memories home and away with you ,Andy,Dave and Roger. Hopefully meeting up with Lee at the game tomorrow pay tribute to Dave
Cheers Kevin

Back