• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Radio's banned in the workplace!

TTK - you are not being screwed by your company but by the PRS ruling on playing music to an audience. You would think that as the Radio Company has already paid for the broadcasting rights it is a tad unfair to pay again for the same broadcast of the music. But with the problems of music sharing, it is not surprising they are looking at other places to earn revenue for the Music Industry. Just a shame the musicians actually get such a small share of the dosh.

Does it matter how the music is performed?

Price Guide (pdf)

So I said let me get this right, you are actually disciplining me for having no work?!
But as they are paying you they can decide what you should or shouldnt do. You always have the option of not working there any more.

Well I've got the radio on at the moment. Should anyone ring then I'll turn it off. Without a bit of music in the background, my mind wanders, I get easily bored and I end up on Shrimpe.... oh hang on.... :D

hahaha ... that sounds pretty damn familiar to me too !!!!

Except rather than a radio i've loaded my comp with over 1500 of my fav tracks

And rather appropriately i've just selected a nice bit of Pink Floyd to accompany my last hour

Ooh i love half day Fridays :support: :support: :support: :support: :support:

Me too Mr BB! 2pm at the latest today...and I've already shirked an hour by going for a massage (a totally non "happy ending one" I'd like to add!)

Me too Mr BB! 2pm at the latest today...and I've already shirked an hour by going for a massage (a totally non "happy ending one" I'd like to add!)

Pah 2pm ... i'll be home by half one ... then i have about 4 hours of peace before BLUEBLOOD Junior turns up and drives me mental all weekend :dizzy: :headbang:

Back