• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maldon Shrimper

First XI⭐
Understand his sentence hearing is due next week .No doubt the Echo/CP will publish details at that time.

Anyone know what happened at the trial of the other 2? I believe they pleaded not guilty to both changes, whereas Ranger pleaded guilty to the lesser charge (?) and not guilty to the other?

Make or break time for him.

Anyone know what happened at the trial of the other 2? I believe they pleaded not guilty to both changes, whereas Ranger pleaded guilty to the lesser charge (?) and not guilty to the other?

Make or break time for him.

He pleaded guilty to one, not guilty to the other. The other (not guilty) will lie on file*.

* In United Kingdom law, a criminal charge is allowed to lie on file when the presiding judge agrees that there is enough evidence for a case to be made, but that it is not in the public interest for prosecution to proceed, usually because the defendant has admitted other, often more serious, charges.

Think it was a relatively low-level fraud although pretty despicable behaviour. Hopefully the judge will see the way he has grasped his opportunity with Southend and refrain from a custodial sentence.

However, unfortunately he is a young black man. If he was a young white woman who went to Oxbridge he would definitely get away with community service:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/16/oxford-student-spared-jail-extraordinary-talent/

I saw that too and thought it was dispicable.

I saw that too and thought it was dispicable.

I hope Nile's Barrister also read that, studied the judgement and uses it in his plea mitigation for sentencing in that Nile now has a promising career etc, and is not much older, depression, alcohol, drugs etc etc.

I hope Nile's Barrister also read that, studied the judgement and uses it in his plea mitigation for sentencing in that Nile now has a promising career etc, and is not much older, depression, alcohol, drugs etc etc.

Sadly Nile is a big, young black man from the inner city and not a pretty, upper middle-class white girl from the home counties.

Sadly Nile is a big, young black man from the inner city and not a pretty, upper middle-class white girl from the home counties.

There is every chance the judge is a Southend United season ticket holder so don't consign Nile to the big house just yet.

But, what if the judge is a big black guy from inner city London?

Are we dealing in the realms of fantasy FF? What if the judge is a magical unicorn from the planet WeeWah with the power to **** rainbows at his enemies?

I think mine is far more realistic.

And I had you down as a bloke, just goes to show you never can tell:winking:

I have my moments :winking:

Are we dealing in the realms of fantasy FF? What if the judge is a magical unicorn from the planet WeeWah with the power to **** rainbows at his enemies?

Although you may have leanings towards womens' clothing MK, my barbed jibe was directed towards Enfield.

There is every chance the judge is a Southend United season ticket holder so don't consign Nile to the big house just yet.

As a black man and Lawyer I find these comments deeply offensive and extremely racist...

...i also like to dress as up as a pink magic unicorn at the weekend so I find these comments doublely offensive! :smiles:

Last edited:
So, leaving aside the trans-gender, cross dressing and racial stereotypes for a while, are "we" of the view that Nile will not receive a custodial sentence and will have a full pre-season to get prepared and fit?

Or will that also mean clubs will come looking to sign Nile now that all the skeletons are out of the cupboard and dealt with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back