• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had me down as a bloke as well. Must go and have another look:smile:

An infallible test my granddad taught me in the form of a short poem. Whilst seated, place your hands together as if you were praying. Then spread your hands so that just the finger tips are touching. Then move your hands to just below your chin and repeat the magic words with actions:

Three spans from my chin
Then I come to my uncle jim

My Gran really got the hump with him when he taught that to me.

If both of these predictions happen and Nile manages a full pre-season then our forward power will be pretty awesome. I'm starting to really look forward to next season.

People said that when Eastwood signed for the second time ..... and that Barnard chap. And we lacked fire power against Shrewsbury when a draw would have done.

For me, it's all about the overall team and balance - let's see who comes and goes over the summer. :thumbsup:

An infallible test my granddad taught me in the form of a short poem. Whilst seated, place your hands together as if you were praying. Then spread your hands so that just the finger tips are touching. Then move your hands to just below your chin and repeat the magic words with actions:

Three spans from my chin

Sounds like a Jimmy Saville quote !!!

UTS

Mugs off old ladies. Wants banging up in my book.

I guess we will just have to see what the judge decides regarding sentencing. The way the Club have approached all of this with a long term contract, a minder (Wordsworth) etc they must feel that jail is unlikely and are therefore protecting the investment. If that comes to pass, then hopefully Ranger will respond with full fitness and major effort for the team. Ranger can't change his past so maybe he will set about changing your view of him.

Three spans from my chin

At least it was Uncle Jim and not Uncle Ernie.

Mugs off old ladies. Wants banging up in my book.

Certainly his (Nile's) behaviour has not been good - that is not really being debated. Quite what level of punishment is required will vary from individual to individual. For me, the key thing is to get the offender back into society and contributing to the greater good.

I guess we will just have to see what the judge decides regarding sentencing. The way the Club have approached all of this with a long term contract, a minder (Wordsworth) etc they must feel that jail is unlikely and are therefore protecting the investment. If that comes to pass, then hopefully Ranger will respond with full fitness and major effort for the team. Ranger can't change his past so maybe he will set about changing your view of him.

My view is he's a great player in league 1. But there are some things things in life you can't do and I've little time for a man who conducts himself as Ranger has. Strangely I'm less offended by a thug like Ryan Inniss. I sense there are some on here who's view on what's acceptable shifts depending on whether the culprit is one of our best players, or affiliated to another club - and I'm irritated by that. The comment isn't directed at you - I've no idea what you've said about others previously.

My view is he's a great player in league 1. But there are some things things in life you can't do and I've little time for a man who conducts himself as Ranger has. Strangely I'm less offended by a thug like Ryan Inniss. I sense there are some on here who's view on what's acceptable shifts depending on whether the culprit is one of our best players, or affiliated to another club - and I'm irritated by that. The comment isn't directed at you - I've no idea what you've said about others previously.

I haven't offered a personal view of Ranger's previous behaviour on here before. For what it's worth I have absolutely no time for the things that he has done, they are quite despicable. If he is jailed as a result of his last episode then he will have deserved it. If he avoids custodial then he really has to show that he is prepared to change and do whatever the court asks of him. That said, If he turns up this season and delivers the potential that he has, then I will support him as a player. If I felt really strongly that he was bad and incapable of change then my only other alternative would be to stay away from games. I would find that really difficult/impossible, so assuming he gets a non custodial then I guess I will just suck it up. I admire your view point by the way.

Incidentally, I rate him as a player, hence my avatar.

Three spans from my chin

Just wondering....how many are now excersing this option ?????? :winking:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back