• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rob Green is England's Number 2 or 3 and I did not think he looked that good yesterday.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blueheaven @ July 24 2005,14:01)]Rob Green is England's Number 2 or 3 and I did not think he looked that good yesterday.
He probably is very good but it shows that the best will be beaten and Bart and Flavs are no exceptions. Green was beaten by all accounts by two excellent strikes and Flavs was beaten by a gem as well. So what? The squad needs to be added to but I doubt anyone is seriously suggesting that the goalkeeping position is any kind of a priority for change. We have two able keepers and should be grateful for that. As for Wiggy and talk of RM not splashing the cash, well I am glad. I have said many times that Lg 1 is not so hot and we do not need to throw money at it, as Mitchell Cole will prove and Eastwood, Bentley etc... I hope Tilly continues to bring in the kind of recruits that so far have been so successful. Lets dig around the lower leagues and unearth more of the diamonds we have now. I have always thought that consolidation in this division is a priority but of late have come to believe that with a slightly larger squad, of equal ability to the present members, and promotion is not a fantasy. The Championship would then be the test of Wiggy's comments as RM would no doubt have to splurge a bit on some tried and trusted quality. There were people who used to talk of the Revolution under Steve Wig-knowall, well Steve Tilson's army is firmly on the march and ready to plunder the points from many teams this season. Up The Blues!!!!!!
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rusty Lee @ July 24 2005,13:05)]Are people saying offering Dudfield a new contract would break the bank?
rock.gif
?

The reason Dudfield isnt with the club is a combination of Tilson and Martin not thinking he's good enough. I'm sure the club has the finances in place to offer a revised deal but obviously dont think he's worth it.

The Wayne Gray argument doesnt hold up beacuse he's still under contract so we're not going to release him.

People bleating on here about breaking wage structures, we're talking about Dudfield here he wont be asking for much more than he's last contract.

Im sure Tilson and Martin believe they can get more for there money. This question is yet to be answered and no one can answer it until we see how things develop. But this is what the manager and chairman get paid to do so lets sit tight and see what happens.
Bingo. Dud's contract has got very little to do with the wage cap and him signing or not signing isn't going to lead this club into financial oblivion. He's been offered a reduced contract but the club thinks that it can come up with better ways to spend that money. Personally I think thats a mistake, but I understand the reasoning.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (seenyeva kryevyetka @ July 24 2005,10:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ July 24 2005,00:35)]Kevin Gray 5 - presumably we're not going to sign this guy and his cousin, Wayne, the ex-schoolboy sprinter will play next week
?!!!       Was that KEVIN Gray yesterday? I wasn't that impressed whichever one it was.
That wasnt Kevin Gray it was Wayne

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ July 24 2005,00:35)]Flahavan 5 - poor positioning for goal, beaten by a header which hit the bar as well. Didn't make a save. No doubt some people will still somehow make him man of the match.
Hunt 5 -  struggled with Huckerby
Wilson 7 - steady enough, but I still think he tries to avoid responsibility
Barrett 6 - solid defensively, but repeatedly got over ambitous and passed the ball to a Norwich shirt or straight out of play
Prior 8 - a rock against his former team, caught on the ball once (for a change!) but overwise flawless
Maher 8 - responding well to being challenged for a place in the team. Good ball forward(!) for Freddy's goal
Bentley 8 - such a key performer for us, took his goal exceptionally
Guttridge 8 - pre-season has done him the world of good, now he's fit he's looking a very handy acquisition
Lawson 7 - some nice touches before limping off, but can he kick on?
Eastwood 8 - quality, took his goal exceptionally, beating the England no.2 from an acute angle. A threat throughout.
Kevin Gray 5 - presumably we're not going to sign this guy and his cousin, Wayne, the ex-schoolboy sprinter will play next week

Subs
Jupp 7 (on for Hunt, approx 30min), handled Huckerby well
Daniel Woodyard(?) (on for Lawson, apporx 35 min), no rating as we won't see him again.
Griemink 7 (on for Flahavan, ht) - commanded his area and kept a clean sheet
Hunt - see above (on for Maher, approx 60min). Strange sub, why play Hunt out of position, when central midfield is the only position where we've got plenty of options?
Edwards 6 (on for Prior, approx 60 min), I think he touched the ball

Other subs weren't on very long and didn't make an impression.

All in all a good workout. Its just a shame we're in division 3, and not 2, as we can clearly beat these div 2 sides!
Disagree, with most really
tounge.gif

Silence is deafening, don't think so, just got in from Blues fun day, was you there, if not why not? Lawrie Dudfield break the budget, what is this, a poor excuse for thinking anyone decent would be rushing to play for us on bugger all a week.Getting a bit desperate now, Bents up front and a poor looking Wayne Gray 2 weeks from the start of the season. P.S. Without doubt the most popular and approachable player at todays event, step forward Darryl Flahavan, a credit to the club!

What do you think we offered Beckett, if he was willing to join us? He is decent and would want more than bugger all a week, the only stumbling block was his family.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mighty Shrimper @ July 24 2005,16:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (seenyeva kryevyetka @ July 24 2005,10:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ July 24 2005,00:35)]Kevin Gray 5 - presumably we're not going to sign this guy and his cousin, Wayne, the ex-schoolboy sprinter will play next week
?!!!       Was that KEVIN Gray yesterday? I wasn't that impressed whichever one it was.
That wasnt Kevin Gray it was Wayne
Wooosh.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blueheaven @ July 24 2005,14:01)]Rob Green is England's Number 2 or 3 and I did not think he looked that good yesterday.
It was the first time I'd seen Rob Green live and other than being beaten by Freddy from that position, I was very impressed.

He commanded his area very well and produced a good save to claw away Bentley's goal bound header.

I can now see why he is so highly thought of.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ July 24 2005,19:00)]Silence is deafening, don't think so, just got in from Blues fun day, was you there, if not why not? Lawrie Dudfield break the budget, what is this, a poor excuse for thinking anyone decent would be rushing to play for us on bugger all a week.Getting a bit desperate now, Bents up front and a poor looking Wayne Gray 2 weeks from the start of the season. P.S. Without doubt the most popular and approachable player at todays event, step forward Darryl Flahavan, a credit to the club!
So, what is your response to the Beckett question? You still haven't answered, oppologised to the club or even admitted you were wrong. Which you clearly were.

Are you man/woman enough to admit it?

What about all the other so called big names that slipped through the net, were they impressed with our offers as well?

p.s what does the lit yellow light bulb mean, is it that my postings are very well respected?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ July 24 2005,20:00)]What about all the other so called big names that slipped through the net, were they impressed with our offers as well?
So you're not man enough. Didn't think so.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ July 24 2005,20:03)]p.s what does the lit yellow light bulb mean, is it that my postings are very well respected?
No.

On the subject of Beckett though, he has apparently torn his medial knee ligaments in a friendly with Carlisle. Could be serious.

Back