• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

To answer the original question, I think I agreed with your managers comments on the match. You couldn't really tell much about either team in the first half, seeing as the wind and rain were in charge of the game. In the scond half, after it brightened up, I thought both teams started well and once you scored you looked to be really on top of the game. But after we scored to equalise, Southend did seem to crumple a bit - almost like us scoring wasn't in the script - and they seemed to lose confidence. Then our second goal came relatively quickly after (second time in a week we've reversed scores in a matter of minutes) and I thought we looked the overall better side for the rest of the match. Still, Southend did look dangerous on the counter attack (wasn't sure Goater looked fully fit yet though) and I was disappointed but not too surprised when you equalised. Still the only reason you got a point after the equaliser was that excellent save by your keeper.

So, all in all, thought we were good for a win and Southend were slightly lucky to grab a point (can't complain though, after the luck we had in the first two games). I don't think Southend look like a relegation candidate on the form shown on Saturday - but I reckon Tilson needs to work on your teams confidence after they concede. Good luck for the rest of the season (apart from the day I make my first trip to Roots Hall)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Aug. 15 2005,12:07)]To answer the original question...
Who are you talking to? Those voices in your head?

rock.gif

The original question was what did you think of southend? BTW just saw the save from Flavs at the end of the game. Cor blimey!!!!!!!!!
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Aug. 15 2005,11:14)]The original question was what did you think of southend? BTW just saw the save from Flavs at the end of the game. Cor blimey!!!!!!!!!
laugh.gif
Nice height though - if they guy had headed it down it was in. It was still a very good save though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Aug. 15 2005,11:14)]The original question was what did you think of southend? BTW just saw the save from Flavs at the end of the game. Cor blimey!!!!!!!!!
laugh.gif
Seen it on bluesworld, almost pheonix from the flames!! Very much like the save against Northampton in the play off semi final!!

Think the guy from Walsall was watching a different game from me to be honest. I think a point was a fair result, but to say Walsall were good for there win is more than stretching the truth!!

The first 20 mins of the second half there was only one team in it, and that was us, and at times, we cut them to ribbons... Freddie really should have killed the game dead, but pulled his shot wide.

Yeah, we looked stuttery after they equalised for a bit, only natural when you concede two in a couple of mins, especially as there first one was completely out of the blue, but.... we more than deserved our equaliser!!

The only difference i can see from this season to last is that teams, well Walsall especially, punish you more for mistakes. We should have rapped uip the game, we didnt, and from nothing, there on level terms. We need to guard against that this season, but apart from that, we are no worse than the three teams we have met so far!

Still with only three shots on target in the two away games we have to say we're riding our luck a little bit.
Two shots on target against Walsall and one on target against Bradford baring in mind the own goal is not a shot on target.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matty the Shrimper @ Aug. 15 2005,13:35)]Still with only three shots on target in the two away games we have to say we're riding our luck a little bit.
Two shots on target against Walsall and one on target against Bradford baring in mind the own goal is not a shot on target.
I remember, in our troubled season before last, we were having up to 15 shots on target and hardly scoring at all.

Given the choice, I'll take this season's ratio any day of the week. Shows that, when we do increase our shots on target, we should be more clinical and give a couple of teams a bit of a thumping.

I get your point, but you could look at it both ways.

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (moneypit23 @ Aug. 15 2005,12:26)]Nice height though - if they guy had headed it down it was in.  It was still a very good save though.
Exactly what sprang to mind here in Spain. It was not only the perfect height for Flahavan but it would have been perfect for most if not all custodians at this level. It was a great save, yes, but if the Walsall chap had directed the ball a little better Flahavan would have been grasping at fresh air and the story would have been a lot different ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Aug. 15 2005,19:35)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (moneypit23 @ Aug. 15 2005,12:26)]Nice height though - if they guy had headed it down it was in. It was still a very good save though.
Exactly what sprang to mind here in Spain. It was not only the perfect height for Flahavan but it would have been perfect for most if not all custodians at this level. It was a great save, yes, but if the Walsall chap had directed the ball a little better Flahavan would have been grasping at fresh air and the story would have been a lot different ...

WS
And if your Auntie had b******s she'd be your Uncle

wink.gif

Back