• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Reality Check Please

Stats

aka Ian Poulter
Just logged on and I must say the amount of drivel I've looked at is shocking.

Todays scapegoats include James Walker & Tommy Black. IMHO these both wernt at their best today but in a run of 11 games without defeat do you not think that at some point some players may have an off day?

For those knocking Walker did any of you cheer when he banged in his goal at Crewe last week? I'm guessing you did.

Some people are hard to please on this board and only seem to speak up when we havent spanked teams by at least 3 goals and when palyers arnt turning out 9 out of 10 performances.

Get a grip people we only drew today, we're still on course for the play offs.

2 months ago we didnt look like we'd be in the hunt.

Get a grip!!

Todays scapegoats include James Walker & Tommy Black. IMHO these both wernt at their best today but in a run of 11 games without defeat do you not think that at some point some players may have an off day?

For those knocking Walker did any of you cheer when he banged in his goal at Crewe last week? I'm guessing you did.

Some people are hard to please on this board and only seem to speak up when we havent spanked teams by at least 3 goals and when palyers arnt turning out 9 out of 10 performances.

Get a grip!!

Erm, dont think anyone has lost their grip mate. Just picking the bones out of the performance so no real need to come over all sanctimonious.

Get a grip!!

I thought the point of a forum was to be able to air your views

Which, no offence, is what you've just ranted about other people doing. I think some people have gone OTT, neither Black nor Walker were awful, but there were visable weak links there today and people are right for picking them out.

It is, and that includes the ability to air the view that other people's posts are drivel. If you don't like being criticised, then think twice before you hand out criticism. Having your views challenged is all part of life.

In my prediction for the last 6 games I had us down as WDWLLW and we've instead so far got WWD. Regrettably, we can't win every game! We were better than expected against Brighton and worse than expected against Northampton but 7 points from a possible 9's a very solid effort.

I actually feel, noted in the last week, that all the talk of automatics has a fairly unhealthy raising of expectation about it. Based on form and relative strengths of other teams, I think we should happy enough meeting any of the teams and delighted if we end the season without seeing another defeat.

I dont mind people criticising my view (as you can see on other thread, I have had some good discussions with people) but I do mind when they slag off my pov as "losing my grip"!

Looking at the long term if we go up, are these players acceptable for the Championship, if they struggle in Div 1

Similar to last season IMHO if we make the jump, Grant should have been given a run out, after his short time on tuesday against Brighton, looked better than Black who is obviously the new butt of the boo boys who pay his wages each week and are entitled to their opinions, shoulders slumped, own players having a go at him ( If true), no confidence when in front of goal at the moment, not the way to go into the lottery play offs, with only 10 men on the pitch. Hope Tommy turns it around, but the more the crowd get on his back the worse he will get and with only afew games to go before play offs its not good for him or the club.

Back