• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
He went out on loan to keep playing games, so he would be an useful impact players for us, he could potentially play up front or on the wing in a 4-4-2 formation.

He will sow Kev and Co that he has what it takes and more to become a 1st team regular and deservedly so .This Hendon loan even though just for a month could and will be the making of him god willing. Duncan said it many times ,hes such a hard working lad , Good things happen to those that truly want it and work hard enough for it .

So another week is passing by. Any more updates that ‘those in the know’ can impart? Mention of the NLS defender elsewhere I know.

Thing with Kinali is he didn't look out of place in L1 so not really sure how proving to all and sundry he can play so far well below his level is telling us much.

Despite being a winger I think he is averaging over a goal a game - but the only way we will get real feedback is him playing at the very worst at Conference North or South level.

Otherwise I would prefer to see him on our bench- after all its not as if we are blessed with wide alternatives that clearly know where the back of the net is. His latest goal for Hendon was the finish of someone who will score goals (something our current wide players don't bring)..

Thing with Kinali is he didn't look out of place in L1 so not really sure how proving to all and sundry he can play so far well below his level is telling us much.

Despite being a winger I think he is averaging over a goal a game - but the only way we will get real feedback is him playing at the very worst at Conference North or South level.

Otherwise I would prefer to see him on our bench- after all its not as if we are blessed with wide alternatives that clearly know where the back of the net is. His latest goal for Hendon was the finish of someone who will score goals (something our current wide players don't bring)..
Don't want to rain on anyone's parade but the only game I remember him doing really well in in L1 was Bristol Rovers and they were shockingly bad that day. I agree that we'd have a fairer indication if he was playing at NLS level but it does puzzle me, the clamour for him to be shoved into the first team based on a few appearances a couple of seasons ago and the fact he's banging them in at the level he is (as encouraging as that may be). When he's ready I'm sure he'll be in and around the first team. We've got lots of knowledgable people overseeing the playing squad now.

The problem is, until recently we were not playing a formation that included wingers, unless you can play wing back. It'll be interesting to see whether the 4-4-2 is here to stay and if it is, maybe he will start to get chances.

I thought he looked well out of his depth in L1. Subbed off at half-time like lack of impact. He had one good game in L1, which was the last one against a woeful Bristol Rovers side on a worse run of form than ourselves and who got relegated from L1 by 11 points the following season.

He also featured early doors in L2 under Molesley in the Carlisle, Morecambe and W*** H** kids games when we were thoroughly outclassed.

I’m not writing him off as a prospect and he would probably have improved the bench Saturday when we lacked any attacking width but I think he’s someone whose reputation has grown more from being out of the team than being in it.

Don't want to rain on anyone's parade but the only game I remember him doing really well in in L1 was Bristol Rovers and they were shockingly bad that day. I agree that we'd have a fairer indication if he was playing at NLS level but it does puzzle me, the clamour for him to be shoved into the first team based on a few appearances a couple of seasons ago and the fact he's banging them in at the level he is (as encouraging as that may be). When he's ready I'm sure he'll be in and around the first team. We've got lots of knowledgable people overseeing the playing squad now.
Ha, our posts crossed as I was looking up by how many points Bristol rovers were relegated by the following year but this entirely.

Although the Concord lad could be a good asset for us , this is not from the wide net of scouting networks we were promised, this has come from local non league knowledge ,most probably Bentleys input.

I wasn't expecting Prem loanees after the big sell we got, but i thought from all the players available we could identify some key areas for us and get players in ready for us to start gelling and pulling away from the Danger zone . I suppose the wait continues .

I wasn't expecting Prem loanees after the big sell we got, but i thought from all the players available we could identify some key areas for us and get players in ready for us to start gelling and pulling away from the Danger zone .
The players will be coming in but with so many mavericks out there, it will take a bit of time. Brunt is already here and he can be my wing man anytime as some of his play just takes my breath away. I do think we are lacking some pace too though if anyone wants to tap that one in.

The problem is, until recently we were not playing a formation that included wingers, unless you can play wing back. It'll be interesting to see whether the 4-4-2 is here to stay and if it is, maybe he will start to get chances.
This is of course correct

I thought he looked well out of his depth in L1. Subbed off at half-time like lack of impact. He had one good game in L1, which was the last one against a woeful Bristol Rovers side on a worse run of form than ourselves and who got relegated from L1 by 11 points the following season.

He also featured early doors in L2 under Molesley in the Carlisle, Morecambe and W*** H** kids games when we were thoroughly outclassed.

I’m not writing him off as a prospect and he would probably have improved the bench Saturday when we lacked any attacking width but I think he’s someone whose reputation has grown more from being out of the team than being in it.
This is also all true- but what has changed is, of course, we are not looking for him to perform at L1 level or L2 level we are a NL team, and he's 21 now not 19. I guess my point is if he was on loan in the Conference North or South that would be great. At Hendon scoring every game, or playing GWR scoring twice before HT and coming of, or scoring six in a game against Maidstone, or whoever it was, I'm not sure what that is achieving. But as has been said far more knowledgeable and capable people than I are making these decisions.

Michael Klass didn't look out of place in League 1 either. I'm still a bit baffled as to why he didn't/hasn't yet fulfilled his promise. His performance when he came on against Pompey in that 3-3 draw arguably changed the game. He seemed so composed on the ball, not just in that game but in others, and positionally he looked good as well. I don't even know who he's playing for now.

Although the Concord lad could be a good asset for us , this is not from the wide net of scouting networks we were promised, this has come from local non league knowledge ,most probably Bentleys input.

I wasn't expecting Prem loanees after the big sell we got, but i thought from all the players available we could identify some key areas for us and get players in ready for us to start gelling and pulling away from the Danger zone . I suppose the wait continues .
If you are right about the origin of our latest signing then all credit to the coaching staff. If the newcomer can make half the impact that the two Sheffield United lads have then it will be a good piece of work.
If Currie was responsible for those two then the coaching team is really making their presence felt.
As for the players available? At this stage of the season there is not much unless you are very lucky or pay a fee!
Is the latest rumoured signing possible because of what might be happening with Sayers?

Sometimes I wonder if the problem is with our youngsters , that they are going to be naturally a bit inconsistent and because we all want our own to do so well, we remember more the one or two stand out performances of the kids ,rather than a certain and sometimes larger level of dross they have performed??

I remember one good game from Kinali and one from Klass, who I thought in the main rather lazy and failing to get stuck in given his build

TBF not saying a starter. Just having someone on the bench who has goal threat from wide (remembering with have no wide players or midfielders who have any sort of scoring record at this level or above). Hopefully, imminent recruitment will address this in any event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back