• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Good question.......I think in melancholy times we all have them...."What if"...I could sit here all day thinking of errors I have made and wrong choices...But were they?...Maybe the road we travel is how it should be and makes us into the people we are today..No looking back...it was a lesson well learnt and overall it doesn't really matter in the big picture of our lives....What will be will be.

Good question.......I think in melancholy times we all have them...."What if"...I could sit here all day thinking of errors I have made and wrong choices...But were they?...Maybe the road we travel is how it should be and makes us into the people we are today..No looking back...it was a lesson well learnt and overall it doesn't really matter in the big picture of our lives....What will be will be.

i read that in the voice i imagine dear deadrie has.

No you make of life what it sends you..sometimes up sometimes down ....there is always a balance. But you are a young chap Matty...many things will pass your way.

Very philosophical, very true. I regret not having more ambition while young enough to really enjoy the fruits of my labours, and therefore allowing myself to be taken advantage of - in a business sense - far too often.

I regret not putting in any effort at school, college or university.

Still, things could be worse.

I did the same Cyril but never regretted it and still dont as my life would have taken a totally different direction.

I remember one school report "Could do well if made any effort at all"

I regret not being more confident at school and I regret not taking my school work more seriously.

Another regret, linked to the confidence regret, is not being being more confident in my footballing abilities when I was younger. My neighbour of many years has been through the Spurs Academy, sat on the bench for many first team games and got a move to Southampton in the summer. When I was younger I had just as much potential as a goalkeeper, yet I didn't push myself forward and preferred to hide in the shadows. I still to this day give myself a slap in my mind. Although it's still the same now, as I'd love to be playing football in some capacity nowadays but I don't have the confidence to throw myself into a bunch of new people to get things started.

There a few times in my life I would like to be able to go back and have a quite word with my younger self, but whats gone is gone and you can't do anything about it now!

There a few times in my life I would like to be able to go back and have a quite word with my younger self, but whats gone is gone and you can't do anything about it now!

That's also very true, experiences are what shape us as adults so without our (many) mistakes, we wouldn't be who we are now.

I suppose I could have tried harder at school, taken a different career path, led my life in a completely different direction. However the life I did lead meant I met my missus, which led to my kids being born. I wouldn't change them for the world so I don't regret the things that led me to where I am now.

I regret not getting my dad to come out to france to die last year,i tried and tried but he didnt want to leave his wife and daughter ,i should have kidnapped him.
And i regret not listening to the doctors about how diabetis will bite me in the bum in later years,oh how right they were.

I should've actually studied at School, College, Uni.
I would probably have been a lot better off had I continued to pursue a career as an RN officer
I missed too many opportunities when younger due to shyness (Doh!)
I drank too much when younger.

Mistakes, probably, regrets? None. I could be earning a lot more now, but I'd be in Electronic engineering, something which I have no real interest in. I may not be rich working in garden centres and selling antiquarian books, but it's something I enjoy. Every experience has made me who I am today, and that could be a lot worse!

When I was sweet 17 I regret not belting Bambi's mum when she was in her prime and waving her big tantalising titties in front of my face.

There is only one word - nibbly.

I regret the day I met Einstein. Should have bunked off school that day. Similar answers with Scrounger and Chadded.

Feeling is always mutual my friend. I am sure Chadded feels the same. If I had just managed to refuse you those Hula Hoops for a bit longer, maybe we wouldn't have spoken anymore... :scared:

Back