• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Released and retained players

Probably more frustrated that he’s the same age as Harry Phillips who as an attacking midfield player of the same age and who has never played a minute of 1st team football was kept on for another year.....while he wasn’t....

Probably more frustrated that he’s the same age as Harry Phillips who as an attacking midfield player of the same age and who has never played a minute of 1st team football was kept on for another year.....while he wasn’t....
Harry Phillips has the advantage of not having 2 other youth players in his position being preferred to him in the first team during an injury crisis. Kelman is clearly a better prospect than Wabo and Humpreys is the same age as him and is miles ahead in terms of development, where is Wabo going to fit in unless he converts to a different position?

Harry Phillips has the advantage of not having 2 other youth players in his position being preferred to him in the first team during an injury crisis. Kelman is clearly a better prospect than Wabo and Humpreys is the same age as him and is miles ahead in terms of development, where is Wabo going to fit in unless he converts to a different position?

Arguably Dru and Isaac are both youth team players playing in his position who are both as far ahead of him respectively as Humphrys and Kelman are....

From the games I saw Batlowka was also ahead of Phillips and had first team experience and he was also released with Wabo ?‍♂️

Let's say Huddersfield paid him 5k a week.

That is not enough to set you up for ten years.

That said I would have taken the money and anything that wasn't bolted down at Boots and Laces.

Well apart from the soccer dome of course which ironically should be bolted down rather than rusting away...

All due respect. 5kpw for 3 years is £780,000

Of course he has to pay tax and live etc.

But given the price of property up north is very low in comparison to down Southend, he could have purchased property to rent out and set himself up for life quite easily.

If the average UK wage is £26,000 then it would take the general populous around 30 years to earn the same wage as Payne has earnt in 3.

It also helps if you turn up on time for the club's biggest game of the season. Wabo's time keeping was worse than Ranger's.

It also helps if you turn up on time for the club's biggest game of the season. Wabo's time keeping was worse than Ranger's.

Wow. I’ll take that as being true from you OBL, and it’s a very bad indictment of Wabo. Norman, if you do read this, try being in any other job and see how well it’s treated if you are constantly late and then again for the biggest day of the year. You will be out on your ear and no media will be interested in your bleatings of disappointment. Sort yourself out man, you could have a good career - but not like this.

Also, bear in mind Wabo is the same age as Humphrys so you can see why Wabo was released

But then as I said earlier....Bare in mind Harry Phillips is 2 years older than Dru and Isaac and the same age as Wabo but was given another year ?

But then as I said earlier....Bare in mind Harry Phillips is 2 years older than Dru and Isaac and the same age as Wabo but was given another year ?

Cases are different. Players blossom at different rates. Wabo would quite probably still be here if he owned a watch or had a bit more professionalism in his behaviour. Has Harry Phillips got the same attendance record?

I guess Ricky Duncan would have had the biggest say on who from our home grown lads was in or out......Whatever Ricky says is good enough for me.

Cases are different. Players blossom at different rates. Wabo would quite probably still be here if he owned a watch or had a bit more professionalism in his behaviour. Has Harry Phillips got the same attendance record?

I’ve no idea but there’s no comparison in their productivity rates this last season and at 21 Phillips hasn’t been included for a single minute of first team action even in the checkatrade....he’s 21, how long they waiting for?

I haven’t said Phillips case is to be compared to Wabo, I drew a comparison with Hutchinson and Dru (as attacking midfielders from the youth system) because someone else had drawn it with Wabo to Kelman and Humphrys.....

I guess Ricky Duncan would have had the biggest say on who from our home grown lads was in or out......Whatever Ricky says is good enough for me.

And on that point, I think the game he was in charge for his started Aqcuah with Kelman on the bench. If ever there was a time for Wabo it was then, and he was nowhere to be seen.

I’ve no idea but there’s no comparison in their productivity rates this last season and at 21 Phillips hasn’t been included for a single minute of first team action even in the checkatrade....he’s 21, how long they waiting for?

I haven’t said Phillips case is to be compared to Wabo, I drew a comparison with Hutchinson and Dru (as attacking midfielders from the youth system) because someone else had drawn it with Wabo to Kelman and Humphrys.....

Nevertheless, the premise of my point remains. Harry Phillips has been retained, most likely for a reason (whether they are right or wrong we will see),

And on that point, I think the game he was in charge for his started Aqcuah with Kelman on the bench. If ever there was a time for Wabo it was then, and he was nowhere to be seen.

So going on that and how Ricky’s word is gospel are we saying Emile is better than Kelman?

Because I’m not having that. I didn’t think CK was ready or looked like producing anything of note but he was miles ahead of Emile who struggled badly in my opinion.

Nevertheless, the premise of my point remains. Harry Phillips has been retained, most likely for a reason (whether they are right or wrong we will see),

Not disputing that, but my comparison was in relation to the reasoning behind Wabo being released based on who he was behind....if that were the case Phillips is even further away and further down the pecking order yet is the same age as Wabo...

All this talk of Wabo, but one other player who I saw a few times in friendly games was Ba. Thought he was technically superior and more energetic than both Wabo and Acquah, why was he never given a chance? Time keeping/language barrier/something else?

So going on that and how Ricky’s word is gospel are we saying Emile is better than Kelman?

Because I’m not having that. I didn’t think CK was ready or looked like producing anything of note but he was miles ahead of Emile who struggled badly in my opinion.

Relax, geez. I would assume Aqcuah was simply picked because he added height where we otherwise had none. I thought he did alright in the first 20 or so minutes, won a few headers but he faded fast and as you said struggled.

Relax, geez. I would assume Aqcuah was simply picked because he added height where we otherwise had none. I thought he did alright in the first 20 or so minutes, won a few headers but he faded fast and as you said struggled.

As you say, Aqcuah was there as target man and to take pressure of off Cox. He actually won some good headers even in the second half. The fact that none of our midfield had pushed up to a least challenge, let alone win the second ball, was certainly not the fault of Aqcuah.

All this talk of Wabo, but one other player who I saw a few times in friendly games was Ba. Thought he was technically superior and more energetic than both Wabo and Acquah, why was he never given a chance? Time keeping/language barrier/something else?

Yeah, I really liked Ba, thought he worked hard last summer to build his stamina. Strange one, I don't know why he wasn't kept on.

Back