• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Released and retained players

I think aside from the whole loyalty to the club that gave him a chance thing, it was a risky & ill-advised move which a lot of us said at the time. He’d barely established himself at a L1 club (us) before taking the first decent offer to come along. He could & with hindsight probably should have stayed another year, had a team built around him, enhanced his reputation and been far more ready for a move up the following year & maybe been able to handle a higher division better and have a prolonged career at that level, with all the financial rewards that come with it. Instead he’s been mainly on loan back in L1 & will probably now see out his career in the lower leagues.

I would not call it I'll advised. He had the opportunity to further his career at the next level up and took it.

Huddersfield at the time were a lower half championship club and a team he could reasonably expect to play a number of games. Supported by the fact he made 23 appearances in his first season and scored 2 league goals. Not a bad return for a young player in his first season at a higher level.

Where it has gone wrong for him is that Huddersfield unexpectedly got promoted and he has found himself in the premiership resulting in a number of loans.

I would not call it I'll advised. He had the opportunity to further his career at the next level up and took it.

Huddersfield at the time were a lower half championship club and a team he could reasonably expect to play a number of games. Supported by the fact he made 23 appearances in his first season and scored 2 league goals. Not a bad return for a young player in his first season at a higher level.

Where it has gone wrong for him is that Huddersfield unexpectedly got promoted and he has found himself in the premiership resulting in a number of loans.
Everyone seems to have ignored the fact that we got a fee for him. The club may have been very happy to see him leave.
none of us know what that extra money allowed us to do

Everyone seems to have ignored the fact that we got a fee for him. The club may have been very happy to see him leave.
none of us know what that extra money allowed us to do

And not including a sell on clause now seems to have been a master stroke!

I never felt JP could make it to the top level in mid-field. He is to easy to stop. If someone converted him to be play further forward that would be a different story.

I am pleased that his contract has been extended and look forward to seeing him next season.

He could be one player we really need wide out on the left hand side, pretty much a new signing.

I am pleased that his contract has been extended and look forward to seeing him next season.

Same here, would be gutted if we just let him go having never really given him a crack of the whip. Hopefully the injury doesn’t affect him.

Ben Coker did well for us. However, I am not sure he was quite the same player after returning from his broken leg. For Lincoln a bit of a gamble.
IF they can continue his rehab and get him to a level of fitness where his injury is capable of surviving playing multiple games then they will have a class act at left back, but its a pretty big IF. Incidently, the 'Coker to Lincoln' thing is still speculation, albeit probable....and there is further speculation that Danny Cowley is firmly in Middlesborough's sights as a replacement.

IF they can continue his rehab and get him to a level of fitness where his injury is capable of surviving playing multiple games then they will have a class act at left back, but its a pretty big IF. Incidently, the 'Coker to Lincoln' thing is still speculation, albeit probable....and there is further speculation that Danny Cowley is firmly in Middlesborough's sights as a replacement.

And West Brom.

MICHAEL Turner has vowed to keep on playing, despite being released by Southend United.

More...
To be fair, he's a good player and he's right in that he's still fit and able to play the majority of a season. So hopefully he'll find a L2 team who need an experienced CB. It makes sense for us to look for an upgrade and get his wages off the books

Back