• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Relegation Battle- Remaining Fixtures.

Just come back in my time machine from 6.00pm on Saturday 8th May. Here are the results of our last eight matches:

Home- Carlisle (Sat 3rd April) WON 3 pts
Away- Morecambe (Tue 6th April) LOST (obviously) 0 pts
Home- Crawley (Sat 10th April) WON 3 pts
Away- Exeter (Sat 17th April) LOST 0 pts
Away- Colchester (Tue 20th April) DREW 1 pt

Home- Leyton Orient (Sat 24th April) WON 3 points
Away- Barrow (Sat 1st May) DREW 1 pt
Home- Newport (Sat 8th May) DREW 1 pt

So 12 points making 47 in total.

And here is the final League Two table:

21 - Southend 47
22 - Grimsby 46
23 - Walsall 45
24 - Colchester 45

So there was really nothing to wory about at all. Onwards to automatic promotion in May 2022.

Problem with this is our home form - I'm far more confident on away games than home at the moment - you have us taking 10 points out of a possible 12 at home!

We seem to know how to grind out 0-0’s so would be pleased with that against Morecambe & Exeter.

then it’s must win games against Col Ewe, Carlisle, Crawley & Barrow

Thats the beautiful thing, despite not being very good at finding the onion bag we are actually quite good at not losing football matches. Because of our fetish for drawing matches I imagine it will be up there with the most painstaking final few weeks we have had and an absolute **** busting crime that we can't be there.

We owe morecambe and Exeter one!! Morecambe cause there a sh...y!! Little club who always do us and a win against them is well overdue!!and Exeter for that last second they scored! Most of these sides who beat us got lucky due to us having to play our kids! We are much better now and can match them!!

Thats the beautiful thing, despite not being very good at finding the onion bag we are actually quite good at not losing football matches. Because of our fetish for drawing matches I imagine it will be up there with the most painstaking final few weeks we have had and an absolute **** busting crime that we can't be there.
Those draws could be crucial come the end of the season. I think Molesley has done a superb job of making us hard to beat and whatever the outcome of this season he has set a foundation for the future. If we can get it right up top then I think we will go from strength to strength. We need a long term plan for a change instead of all this short term bullocks.

If we were sitting in mid-table mediocracy, there would be far less passion than is currently being expressed on SZ.... sit back and enjoy the ride!

Supporting this club gives me symptoms of having bi-polar disorder.

The highs and lows have been shocking in recent years

We owe morecambe and Exeter one!! Morecambe cause there a sh...y!! Little club who always do us and a win against them is well overdue!!and Exeter for that last second they scored! Most of these sides who beat us got lucky due to us having to play our kids! We are much better now and can match them!!

Be careful about how you talk about Morecambe, Shrimpet. If you have seen the TV series The Bay you will know the place is full of murderers.....

Those draws could be crucial come the end of the season. I think Molesley has done a superb job of making us hard to beat and whatever the outcome of this season he has set a foundation for the future. If we can get it right up top then I think we will go from strength to strength. We need a long term plan for a change instead of all this short term bullocks.

Completely agree, massive credit due to MM for sorting us out after years of being whipping boys.

Post came from a place of half jest. Imagine if he had a full season of no shackles round the wrists. We woukd certainly have had another 10 or so points and wouldn't be in this particular swamp we are in at the bottom

If you were to say just 7 more points than Walsall or 5 more points than Colchester in the remaining games I feel there is real room for optimism when looking at those to sides form. Half glass full and all that!

The worry is that all the bottom teams are playing each other. Good for us to be playing our rivals, but not so good our rivals playing each other. Ideally you would want draws in theses games but more than likely one of them will win. That will put a slant on the final run in.

To paraphrase a not-so-wise man, never tell me the percentages!
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F4a299be1-06f2-4b94-a20a-24c36d0fbfbd_498x284.gif

Back