• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I dont hate any club, its football not a World War.

There is however rivalry and thats what makes football what it is.

I hate losing to Orient and Col U more than anyone else and I take great delight in them losing, but to go as far as I hate their supporters etc is a bit much, they are just people supporting a small club local to them like we are.

Rivalry and fierce competitiveness is exactly what we need, and its what I want to get back to League One for as I miss derbies.

How does chanting 'we hate orient' all game encourage the team. Even worse when it's done and we are not even playing them. Would much rather hear chants to encourage the team or the odd wind up one. But the constant 'we hate orient' chant is really boring and not very creative.

I prefer the much classier 'waannkkerrs! We used to sing over their classic orient chant. We hate orient is amusing tho

From Orient board-

Thought they were in general a pretty nasty bunch. I've not really noticed it so much before but theres no doubt the 'rivalry' between the 2 clubs has grown over the years. Chanting "we hate Orient" over and again sums it up really....how can anyone 'hate' Orient? Whats to hate? Its like saying you hate friendly old grannies or harmless puppy dogs!

I can't help but agree with my orient friend here. Do we just hate every one now?

Are you for real? Aside from Colchester, they are our biggest rivals.

My opinion is that our "we hate orient" chant is just a bit of a twist on their "orient" chant.

I don't hate Orient, but it is easy to see why they can be seen as a local rival.

It's a monotonous chant, but not serious. Had to properly laugh when they started the "we pay your benefits" one for a short time in the 2nd half!

As much as I can hate anything to do with football, I probably do hate Orient. Not particularly because of the proximity though. I think I'd hate Hereford as much if I'd been to Hereford so many times to see us score own goals/conceed last minute goals/miss penalties.

I don't really know any Colchester fans. I do know some Orient fans. To me, it's a proper rivalry and when we're in the same division it's the first set of fixtures I look for.

No excuse for ripping seats out/smashing stuff up (if either of those things happened) though.

My brother supports the O's which should be enough reason :winking:

I don't hate any team, though Aldersh*t after last season's debacle are right up there.

Doesn't mean I don't laugh when I see Spam/Orient/Col Ewe lose a match and (hopefully) get relegated. Newcastle too bizarrely - can't abide them.

I don't hate them at all and find the We hate Orient chant very monotonous. Fair play to them for supporting Orient when it would be easy to glory hunt and support West Ham or one of the other London teams. I think Orient will struggle as their natural fan base moves further away from their home ground and they are left with the family tie in with the club to attract their future fan base.

As for hatred Col U is another matter!!

Back