• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Some people on this site I think must live in a eutopia world or maybe wrap themselves in cotton wool.

I do hate them. And that fact hat I do hate them and many others hate them is what actually gets such a big crowd out and gets people excited for weeks before. Had it been Barnet away I suspect we would have taken half.

As to why I hate them - I think they in the main are all West Ham fans by another name, I hate the East End cockerney knees up bollocks (that includes West Ham), I dislike the area immensley and I feel ashamed to go there as its such a dump, I hate their wideboy support who get more and more mouthy as the years goes by. Hate how they call is pikeys yet Leytonstone is a massive dump, hate the way they sing "Southend is a ********" when even the Romanians dont want to live in Leyton. Could add another 100 equally as petty reasons. Sure they could level most of this back at us.

End of the day rivalry is good in the main. It gives us something to get excited about. I personally have been and am still buzzing off the back of the win. If we didnt really dislike any sides and didnt really have any rivals then it would become pretty dull.

The disklike for sides like Orient, Colchester, Brighton, Aldershot etc is what helps to keep it exciting.

Just generally disklike them in every possible sense.

Last edited:
Some people on this site I think must live in a eutopia world or maybe wrap themselves in cotton wool.

I do hate them. And that fact hat I do hate them and many others hate them is what actually gets such a big crowd out and gets people excited for weeks before. Had it been Barnet away I suspect we would have taken half.

As to why I hate them - I think they in the man are all West Ham fans by another name, I hate the East End cockerney knees up bollocks (that includes West Ham), I dislike the area immensley and I feel ashamed to go there as its such a dump, I hate their wideboy support who get more and more mouthy as the years goes by. Hate how they call is pikeys yet Leytonstone is a massive dump, hate the way they sing "Southend is a ********" when even the Romanians dont want to live in Leyton. Could add another 100 equally as petty reasons. Sure they could level most if this back at us.

End of the day rivalry is good in the main. It gives us something to get excited about. I personally have been and am still buzzing off the back of the win. If we didnt really dislike any sides and didnt really have any rivals then it would become pretty dull.

The disklike for sides like Orient, Colchester, Brighton, Aldershot etc is what helps to keep it exciting.

Dave can you get off the fence and tell us do you hate them or not?

99% of rivalry in football, is based mainly on the proximity of the two teams to eachother.

Dagenham - 29 miles
Orient - 34 miles
Colchester - 42 miles
Gillingham - 44 miles

Those four are the closest League teams to us.

That is enough for me to dislike them all.

There are others I dislike as well. Such as Brighton. But for other reasons.

As to why I hate them - I think they in the man are all West Ham fans by another name, I hate the East End cockerney knees up bollocks (that includes West Ham), I dislike the area immensley and I feel ashamed to go there as its such a dump, I hate their wideboy support who get more and more mouthy as the years goes by. Hate how they call is pikeys yet Leytonstone is a massive dump, hate the way they sing "Southend is a ********" when even the Romanians dont want to live in Leyton. Could add another 100 equally as petty reasons. Sure they could level most if this back at us.

I hate all 91 other league clubs, the fact that we have to play them at all offends me....

I hate football and I hate having to write about it. I hate that you're reading this and I hate the fact that you know how much I hate you reading this. I know I don't have to write this and I hate the possibility of you enjoying it even more. I hate the fact that I can't speak Romanian because I'd hate everything in more than one language if I could. I hate Pikeys because I'm not sure what they are and I hate the fact that I'm not one. S**t, my seat just broke. I hate that.

I hate football and I hate having to write about it. I hate that you're reading this and I hate the fact that you know how much I hate you reading this. I know I don't have to write this and I hate the possibility of you enjoying it even more. I hate the fact that I can't speak Romanian because I'd hate everything in more than one language if I could. I hate Pikeys because I'm not sure what they are and I hate the fact that I'm not one. S**t, my seat just broke. I hate that.

Jesus loves us all ..........

football is all about rivalries like this the support was great, the fans loved it ,the manager loved it, the players loved it. So get over it i really do hate orient which is what made me look forward to this game from the moment i found out it was happening football without rivalries whats the point.

99% of rivalry in football, is based mainly on the proximity of the two teams to eachother.

Dagenham - 29 miles
Orient - 34 miles
Colchester - 42 miles
Gillingham - 44 miles

Funny as I dont think the Daggers have been in the league long enough for us to really hate them. Dont really see Gills as any more or less rivals than say Brentford (who I also dislike).

was at Arsenal v West Ham other week and hammers singing 'we hate tottenham more than you.." hate that song. Cringeworthy. We don't hate west ham more than orient. but that said you could just put everything down to banter and then it becomes acceptable, right?

I ****ing do.

Quite right Wise Head. One of these surveys that pops up now and again, already shows that Orient season ticket holders live further from the ground than any other fans in the country. Unfortunately the local populace are increasingly more interested in cricket and hockey than football, so there is a major concern about the future viability of the club, which the Olympic Stadium decision hasn't helped in any way.

Plenty of them live in Southend.

Much like plenty of Southend fans live in the East End.

Dagenham - 29 miles
Orient - 34 miles
Colchester - 42 miles
Gillingham - 44 miles

Distance between Southend and W*** H** 28.5 miles.

They say that to hate a club that is in a much higher league(West Ham for instance)is hate envy. They don't hate us because we are not on their radar. I think we can only hate up to league one at the most.

Best post for a long time can you imagine getting a post like this on Orients board or Wet Spam!

It all follows from I.Q.V. law. Oh yes - of course I hear you say.

Let me remind you - "the willingness to generate an amount of Volume from any one individual irrespective of the subject matter is conversely related to their Intelligence Quotient (I.Q.)"

The clear effect of this law is that those who are not sheep do not feel it is appropriate to join in the singing when it is offensive or just stupid.

And the resulting unfortunate side effect is that those with the lowest I.Q. are both a) unable to understand why more people are not joining in with the chanting and b) less likely to be able to come up with anything new or amusing.

However, at certain times a critical mass of spectators involved seems to generate an over-ride of the I.Q.V. law. For instance, Chelsea away in the F.A. Cup (sponsored by a taste-less by product of brewing) when the sheer joy of the occasion renders even the lowest I.Q. individual with a willingness to sign about their team rather than being offensive about the opposition.

........... I had better put the text book back on the shelf now ..............

For me every 1 of the other 91 league teams and their fans are the enemy for 90 minutes when we play them. There are however a small number of other clubs I really have a burning hatred for :Col. U for being our only true derby rivals and any other club where I've come off 2nd best in their manor, Leeds, Cambridge, Port Vale & Derby.

there's plenty of times i've been at the Hall and people are more interested in having a go at the opposition fans than supporting Southend.

I work with an Orient fan, and we've had good banter before and after the games. I sang 'we hate Orient' with a smile because i don't actually hate them. I enjoy a laugh and a joke and good banter, but I don't hate them.

Orient chap sums it up very well-

This whole hating Southend / Orient thing...

by Father Ted Crilly » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:54 pm
I posted a thread a few weeks ago about not being able to bring myself to hate Southend - most of the replies were from reasonable people who mainly agreed although a few posters of limited intellect who shall remain nameless (SHELDON) decided to question my support of LOFC and somewhere amongst the replies also called me a C***, which is nice. I went last night hoping that I could perhaps force myself into an anti-southend frame of mind but I'm sorry to report that I couldn't manage it.

What I don't get is this:

There I am, sat in my usual season ticket seat in the TJS surrounded by quite a lot of unfamiliar faces that I've never clapped eyes on before. From before K/o till the end of the game, I'm convinced a fair number of these spent almost 90% of their time staring at the Main Stand and shouting all forms of abuse at the Southend Fans. "Fair enough" you may say, Southend spent 90 minutes singing "we hate Orient" which is a fair old achievement in terms of boringness but what I don't get is spending £15 to go into the home end, completely ignore the match in front of you and spend the entire time whipping yourself up into a bladder emptying state of excitement and shouting "pikey c***ts" at the away fans who can't hear you anyway..... if you're that offended by them, why don't you buy a ticket in the East Stand and go and join them? At least they'll be able to hear your endless "banter" about pikeys / caravans and shagging their sisters....

The bloke sat next to me (whom I've never seen before) was at the point of having a cardiac arrest by the time Southend scored - eventually having had enough of his wayward right arm crossing my face every time he wanted to express how much he hated Southend (which was every 4 seconds), I asked him to give it a rest - I'd come to watch a game of football, not listen to his foul mouth tirade at which point he decided to up and move a few seats along. I reckon he saw no more than 4 minutes of football. This was no teenager riding the wave of hormonal excitement - I reckon this bloke was nearer 50 than 40......

I have quite a few Orient / Southend supporting mates - we're all in our late 30's / early 40's and really don't understand the posturing some people (from both clubs) need to enter into for a "derby" between two pretty poorly supported 3rd / 4th division teams who are almost mirror images of each other - i.e perennial non-acheivers bobbing around Div 3 and Div 4.

I know this post will get the usual bone-headed responses from various people but if I'm honest, these matches with Southend are a pain in the arse - the usual morons on both sides come out of the woodwork. It's a game of football FFS - it aint life and death - the over-reaction of some people I witnessed when the whistle blew was just ridiculous.

I feel better now I've got that off my chest.

Love to you all - FTC

Father Ted Crilly Posts: 194 Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:19 pm

Back