• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The 'Professionally Offended' are taking this site over. If rivalry upsets you, it probably means you're in need of a hard shag.

I know I shouldn't ask but I am curious .......... what is a hard shag? I'm sure Liam Dickinson would know if he were still with us. Has it got anything to do with being in the back of a very small car with a member of the other sex?

I know I shouldn't ask but I am curious .......... what is a hard shag? I'm sure Liam Dickinson would know if he were still with us. Has it got anything to do with being in the back of a very small car with a member of the other sex?

No. It's low quality carpet.

I think they in the main are all West Ham fans by another name.

That's just not true though, is it? That's one of my pet hates about our rivalry/any small club rivalry with a big club nearby. Each club believing the other to be fans of West Ham *insert larger team here*

I am an Orient fan, due to my grandfather going in the 1940s, taking my father, who has in turn took me. That is the case for most Orient fans and Southend fans.

That's just not true though, is it? That's one of my pet hates about our rivalry/any small club rivalry with a big club nearby. Each club believing the other to be fans of West Ham *insert larger team here*

I am an Orient fan, due to my grandfather going in the 1940s, taking my father, who has in turn took me. That is the case for most Orient fans and Southend fans.

True, its the many residents of the town who are not at the game who will be the supporters of the bigger side a bit further away.
Mind you, whoever gets to wembley, be it us or the O's, will take a few Hamsters with them

I remember coming to Orient once and they annouced the West Ham score and half your fans started clapping. Now we get few West Ham hats and coats but West Ham losing it generally applauded by the fans.

Smashing up the seats at Brisbane Road isn't the smartest thing that we could have done ..... Southend United will have to pay for the damage !

I remember coming to Orient once and they annouced the West Ham score and half your fans started clapping. Now we get few West Ham hats and coats but West Ham losing it generally applauded by the fans.

Hello everyone. Orient fan in peace. But just got to say this comment is completely misguided. Most home games at Brisbane Rd people do a stand up if you hate west ham chant and pretty much the whole stadium does. O's fans are sick of west ham and the crap over the olympic stadium and moving on our patch.

Most people cheer at half time when West Ham are losing. More spurs than west ham if anything. I have been going for many years and it's the same loyal supporters we've always had just like Southend. If anything i wish the club could build on it.

As for hating Southend, we definately hate West Ham more! I like many on here have friends who support Orient and i have friends who support Southend and if i saw a Shrimper in the street, there would be a pinch of respect for a fellow lower league football fan, more so than if i see yet another fan of a premier league club who probably have never even been to a football game in their life.

Hello everyone. Orient fan in peace. But just got to say this comment is completely misguided. Most home games at Brisbane Rd people do a stand up if you hate west ham chant and pretty much the whole stadium does. O's fans are sick of west ham and the crap over the olympic stadium and moving on our patch.

Most people cheer at half time when West Ham are losing. More spurs than west ham if anything. I have been going for many years and it's the same loyal supporters we've always had just like Southend. If anything i wish the club could build on it.

As for hating Southend, we definately hate West Ham more! I like many on here have friends who support Orient and i have friends who support Southend and if i saw a Shrimper in the street, there would be a pinch of respect for a fellow lower league football fan, more so than if i see yet another fan of a premier league club who probably have never even been to a football game in their life.

Welcome aboard mariO. I have watched Southend since 1967, and if memory serves me correct, the first time we played you from that time was in 1986 (?) when Richard Cadette scored 4 in a 5-1 victory at Roots Hall.
By that time, for various reasons (and situations) i considered Watford, Brighton, Brentford, Cambridge, and obviously Colchester as most disliked rivals.
Must admit, i find this Orient rivalry amusing, as i have never put them in the same bracket as the above mentioned teams. Do not be offended when i say that i class Orient in the same category as Dagenham, ie small clubs with a small but loyal 'family fan base'.
No doubt you get a few West Ham 'herberts' follow you away at derby games, as its a cheaper option than watching their own mob.
I've seen Southend at your place a few times since 1991, and never had any situations where i felt threatened, and was looking over my shoulder before or after the game. Shame i could'nt say the same about certain other clubs.
Enjoy the 2nd leg, hope we get through as we've never played at Wembley in a competitive competition, whereas you have. Last time i believe against Scunthorpe in the mid 90's when you lost the play off final.

Fair call. I bow to your Orient knowledge. I am down to 99 reasons why I hate Orient now.

The 'Professionally Offended' are taking this site over. If rivalry upsets you, it probably means you're in need of a hard shag.
I saw some shags on the Farne Islands, off the Northumbria coast, it was blooming cold and they live and swim there so they must be hard shags. I am told in years gone by people tried to eat them but they taste horrible.

I saw some shags on the Farne Islands, off the Northumbria coast, it was blooming cold and they live and swim there so they must be hard shags. I am told in years gone by people tried to eat them but they taste horrible.

That explains it all then ...................:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Back