• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Update from the Training Ground Thursday 14th July.

Last report for a little while, until I'm fit. Watched training today and was very enjoyable again. This time the match was 11 v 11 with Smith and Oxley in goal. Tims, Lenny, Barrett all looked good and ready to start. Demetriou looks really impressive and more like a Championship player. McGlashan looks a really exciting winger, one that will get the crowd on their feet. He's not only fast, but is very strong, and hard to knock off the ball unlike some of our previous wingers. Ranger looked a bit sharper, and even gave a fist pump after smashing a goal in. He really enjoyed that one. He's been playing very unselfish and is always trying to set someone else up in the two training games I have watched. So it was nice to see him have a shot himself.
The match hardly had a break this time as players are winding up their fitness for the start of the season. After the match, the goalies went away to do goalkeeper training, and the rest of the squad first ran 12 lengths of the pitch, had about a five minute break, then ran another 8 lengths of the pitch medium pace. The good news is that after doing 6 lengths the other day, Ranger looked like his lungs were bursting and he was about to die, as he trailed in last. This time he's done 20 lengths and finished in the middle of the pack and looked fine. So his fitness has really come on the last few days. He still looks a little off the pace in games, but not too much now. By the time they come back from Spain, I think he will be on a par with the others. No ice cream van this time, so I think that was a little treat the other day.

Back