• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperjon

President
I saw last nite on twitter that Chris Phillips said that he had received a text saying that someone interesting might be playing for the reserves today. He said at the momonet it was unconfirmed and that he didnt want to say who it was just in case it didnt happen and didnt want to get our hopes up.

Anyone else heard anything similar?

I saw last nite on twitter that Chris Phillips said that he had received a text saying that someone interesting might be playing for the reserves today. He said at the momonet it was unconfirmed and that he didnt want to say who it was just in case it didnt happen and didnt want to get our hopes up.

Anyone else heard anything similar?

Chris Phillips with some 'news' that he doesn't elaborate on, now there's a first..:winking:

Chris Phillips with some 'news' that he doesn't elaborate on, now there's a first..:winking:

Because he doesnt know if its true or just a wind up, he is trying to confirm if its true or not. If he were to give the name out and it turned out to be nonsense it would hardly do his credibility a lot of good...

Its not Vine, it is a striker and he doesnt know who the player's agent is so I assume its not Eastwood.

Could all turn out to be nonsense, we shall see.

Clearly its not Vine because we already know about that so its not a secret. He has since confirmed on twitter that the player is a striker though.

Because he doesnt know if its true or just a wind up, he is trying to confirm if its true or not. If he were to give the name out and it turned out to be nonsense it would hardly do his credibility a lot of good...

Its not Vine, it is a striker and he doesnt know who the player's agent is so I assume its not Eastwood.

Could all turn out to be nonsense, we shall see.

I hope it does turn out to be someone exciting, but as others have said if they are that exciting they probably wouldn't need a trial.

Thing with CP is that this is not the first time he has put something out that gets people talking, but eventually comes to nothing with no further comment from him. That doesn't do your credibility any good either.

Rumoured where?

Here by us :)

The facts are:

1. Chris received a text saying a player would be trialling today that excited him more then Vine.
2. He doesnt know the players agent, which suggests its not Eastwood as he would know who the agent was.

Chris has said that this might all be nonsense and is trying to verify it.

Cp on twitter has confirmed that the message he got last night did concern the possibility of Fredy playing today. He has now confirmed that he wont be playing but he is trying to phone him to find out more info, would he be looking for a lone move etc. Also said that he is out of shape after barly playing recently and he wouldnt be match fit anyway.

My guess would be a possible move in the summer, with only 10 games left we need players to hit the ground running. With Flood only just match fit, dicko and corr out, crawford only just fit but unlikely to feature that leaves sampson also not 100% fit, harris and benyon, who in my opinion did look very sharp on saturday and after his goal deserves a run in the side. I do think however if vine produces today he would def be worth a go for the remainder of the season at least he is fit.

Cp on twitter has confirmed that the message he got last night did concern the possibility of Fredy playing today. He has now confirmed that he wont be playing but he is trying to phone him to find out more info, would he be looking for a lone move etc. Also said that he is out of shape after barly playing recently and he wouldnt be match fit anyway.

My guess would be a possible move in the summer, with only 10 games left we need players to hit the ground running. With Flood only just match fit, dicko and corr out, crawford only just fit but unlikely to feature that leaves sampson also not 100% fit, harris and benyon, who in my opinion did look very sharp on saturday and after his goal deserves a run in the side. I do think however if vine produces today he would def be worth a go for the remainder of the season at least he is fit.

Just what we don't need, he hated playing football when he was young and fit!

I shall be there and will tweet updates from the Hall.

(should get me a few more followers :winking:)

Cp on twitter has confirmed that the message he got last night did concern the possibility of Fredy playing today. He has now confirmed that he wont be playing but he is trying to phone him to find out more info, would he be looking for a lone move etc. .

Anti social person then? Be wary, not good for team spirit.

With apologies.

UTB

Tafazoli, a 6'5 Defender starts
Bentley
Furlong, Hall, Ferdinand, Baldwin, Tafazoli, Dailly, Sturrock, Vine, Flood , Crawford

subs
Chambers, James-Lewis, Hyams, Woodyard, Smith

is that a 334 or a 424 ?

Back