• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I can't be the only one who thinks this whole outrage since the Dagenham game has been a pretty big overreaction.

We lost 5-2 against Dagenham whilst fielding a goalkeeper making his first start of the season, rested Leonard who has arguably been our best midfielder so far this season, gave a start to a few of this seasons fringe players with Timlin and Reid, aswell as handing a start to young Jack Payne.

Our team against Dagenham wasn't our strongest team and I think people are forgetting the fact that we played Oxford off the park at their place last week with our strongest team. Everything I read about the Oxford game was positive and the confidence must have been high in the squad following that victory.

This huge wave of negative vibes is only going to wipe away that confidence from the Oxford game and will hinder rather than help. I'm quite glad we're out the JPT as it's less opportunity for injuries, fatigue and suspension which will enable us to concentrate all of our efforts on the bigger picture which is of course the league.

It is what it is. We have no money, we're under an embargo and Ron is unfortunately not going anywhere until his big property deal either lines his pockets or goes belly up. Protests and boycotting will make no difference and will only impact results in a negative way, which will of course lead to more fans moaning and jumping on the players backs.

We're all entitled to our opinions and can demonstrate those opinions in whatever way we wish, but surely we can all see we're in the s**t and surely we can all try and channel our emotions and frustrations in a positive way for the good of the team we love?

I can't be the only one who thinks this whole outrage since the Dagenham game has been a pretty big overreaction.

We lost 5-2 against Dagenham whilst fielding a goalkeeper making his first start of the season, rested Leonard who has arguably been our best midfielder so far this season, gave a start to a few of this seasons fringe players with Timlin and Reid, aswell as handing a start to young Jack Payne.

Our team against Dagenham wasn't our strongest team and I think people are forgetting the fact that we played Oxford off the park at their place last week with our strongest team. Everything I read about the Oxford game was positive and the confidence must have been high in the squad following that victory.

This huge wave of negative vibes is only going to wipe away that confidence from the Oxford game and will hinder rather than help. I'm quite glad we're out the JPT as it's less opportunity for injuries, fatigue and suspension which will enable us to concentrate all of our efforts on the bigger picture which is of course the league.

It is what it is. We have no money, we're under an embargo and Ron is unfortunately not going anywhere until his big property deal either lines his pockets or goes belly up. Protests and boycotting will make no difference and will only impact results in a negative way, which will of course lead to more fans moaning and jumping on the players backs.

We're all entitled to our opinions and can demonstrate those opinions in whatever way we wish, but surely we can all see we're in the s**t and surely we can all try and channel our emotions and frustrations in a positive way for the good of the team we love?

EXACTLY THIS !!!!!!!!:clap:

I can't be the only person who feels badly let down by The Echo, but even worse by BBC Essex. It is THEIR JOB as journalists to investigate precisely what is going on at the club and relay that information on to their readers/listeners.

I am sick of bland questioning or worse ******* up to managers as they are too frightened of upsetting them. People don't want to hear the bleeding obvious "Well, Phil, you came out more fired up after half-time and got that goal back", more "do you know how long this embargo is likely to last" or "what has the chairman told you is the latest position on the new ground".

I recall an interview a couple of years back on BBC Derby, where the reporter was criticising Derby's tactics in conversation with Nigel Clough, and it made for superb radio.

So Mr Phillips, do the job you are paid for (with the extortionate 65p per issue that I contribute) and get THE FACTS.

I totally agree, lets get some facts written not just fans opinions (although these are of value too).

Can the FA or the club clarify the status of the embargo and how many players we can have if in fact their is a limit?

Can we loan out a player so that we can bring in a loan player?

If there was such a injury crisis and suspensions that brought the registered players to say 10, would we/could we use youth team players to make up the numbers?

When will the company (Southend United Football Club Limited) publish their 2012 accounts? I am sure they will make interesting reading to many fans not just accountants!

Not trying to do CP's job but these are some of the questions I would like answered.

Stuart W, I have asked every question there is.
I don't believe you would ever have heard any of my interviews so not too sure how you know what I ask.
Anyway, email me ( chris.phillips@nqe.com ) with these questions you want answers for and I will get back to you with the replies I have received.
Or feel free to ring me 01268 469307.

Asking the question is one thing, but something gives me the feeling that getting a straight answer out of Ron is so impossible that Tom Cruise can't do it!

tbh if Chris went in all guns bazing it would be the last interview he every had with anyone at the club whether it's PB or RM. It's a fine line all jouros walk.

Ican't be the only one who thinks this whole outrage since the Dagenham game has been a pretty big overreaction.

It's not just the Daggers game though which has brought the reaction it has. It is a combination of all the crap that has gone on over the last few years. Some (quite rightly) have had enough and decided to make their feelings known. There is only so much crap supporters will put up with, before a backlash is inevitable. It is the same at any club in the world.

I actually think our fans are quite forgiving compared to most. And the outbursts/protests etc have been very tame, considering the crap we are putting up with. If things carry on going like they are though, then it wont be long before demonstrations on a large scale (by SUFC standards) happen...

It's not just the Daggers game though which has brought the reaction it has. It is a combination of all the crap that has gone on over the last few years. Some (quite rightly) have had enough and decided to make their feelings known. There is only so much crap supporters will put up with, before a backlash is inevitable. It is the same at any club in the world.

I actually think our fans are quite forgiving compared to most. And the outbursts/protests etc have been very tame, considering the crap we are putting up with. If things carry on going like they are though, then it wont be long before demonstrations on a large scale (by SUFC standards) happen...

Agreed !!!

:stunned:

You can't even get a chocolate bar for that now. Newspapers are incredibly good value.

Newspapers are, The Echo isn't. Appallingly written, never proof read. Duplicate articles. Shall I go on>

tbh if Chris went in all guns bazing it would be the last interview he every had with anyone at the club whether it's PB or RM. It's a fine line all jouros walk.

It isn't really Chris' job though. He's supposed to report on the matches. Someone else at The Echo should be running with this if it is to be a serious investigation as to what is going on behind the scenes and that leaves Chris' hands clean. It's a front page story not a back page story.

It isn't really Chris' job though. He's supposed to report on the matches. Someone else at The Echo should be running with this if it is to be a serious investigation as to what is going on behind the scenes and that leaves Chris' hands clean. It's a front page story not a back page story.

Ron would still ban him as he would ban the Echo entirely.

All a bit pathetic really.

I got fed up with the situation ages ago and decided not to go anymore. Constantly being told the new ground will be built soon, its not SUFC's fault that we are under an embargo but an over zealous tax mans fault. Hearing news virtually every other month the players have not been paid. Having seemingly decent buisnesmen coming into the club then leaving again under mysterious circumstances. The list goes on.

If the club came out and said we are close to folding due to xyz and were honest about it I would readily consider supporting the club again.

But untill they say this or get rid of the present ownership I wont be coming. Had enough of the lies and deception and treated like a fool.

Oh the sweet irony ...

Well, I am afraid the irony is lost on me pal (appreciate at the end I meant to put an "?" and not an ">"). Then again I do this for nothing, they are being paid to write APPALLINGLY.

Ron would still ban him as he would ban the Echo entirely.

All a bit pathetic really.

If that is what it takes. The Club end up looking worse in any PR war than the Echo do (although I suspect in the long run the Echo need the Club far more than the Club need the Echo).

Howard Southwood, for all his quirks, had his battle with the Club. Remember the Echo printing blank back pages other than a notice saying that this would be where the report of the Southend game would be had the Club not banned them?

If that is what it takes. The Club end up looking worse in any PR war than the Echo do (although I suspect in the long run the Echo need the Club far more than the Club need the Echo).

Howard Southwood, for all his quirks, had his battle with the Club. Remember the Echo printing blank back pages other than a notice saying that this would be where the report of the Southend game would be had the Club not banned them?

Funnily enough there is something similar in the Echo today, where Phil Browns column would of been, had the club not pathetically banned CP.

Back