• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Why has CP been banned? What have I missed?

He has been banned from speaking to any of the players/manager etc. Due to interviewing Brown and reporting about the Embargo. Even though it was Brown that told him about it. So as a result there is no pre-match build up for Burton and no Brown column in the Echo this evening. I mean how very pathetic is that. CP is doing his job properly and reporting on the good and bad. It is not his fault that the bad outweighs the good. That is the clubs fault.

I actually think our fans are quite forgiving compared to most. And the outbursts/protests etc have been very tame, considering the crap we are putting up with. If things carry on going like they are though, then it wont be long before demonstrations on a large scale (by SUFC standards) happen...

Ron Martin must be laughing how easily he has got away with this so far. I find it sad that there are fans who just don't want to do anything when its been clear for a while now that Ron cant deliver what he promises to anyone and is destroying the football club I love.

who is the small time Joseph Goebbels at the club who bans the free press?

It isn't really Chris' job though. He's supposed to report on the matches. Someone else at The Echo should be running with this if it is to be a serious investigation as to what is going on behind the scenes and that leaves Chris' hands clean. It's a front page story not a back page story.

Chris will not get the real answers from the club directly. No-one does as the club will not reveal anything that will put them in a bad light.

Trust me, I have tried.

Exactly. It needs some investigative reporting to look into it off of their own back. That shouldn't be a sports reporter's job.

Exactly. It needs some investigative reporting to look into it off of their own back. That shouldn't be a sports reporter's job.

Maybe now they are banned and nothing to lose they will do so.

Whilst Ive said on the other thread that expecting Ron Martin to leave because of a few protests is unrealistic it would be nice for the club to be held to account in some way.

Maybe now they are banned and nothing to lose they will do so.

Whilst Ive said on the other thread that expecting Ron Martin to leave because of a few protests is unrealistic it would be nice for the club to be held to account in some way.

Indeed. The Echo could leave BBC Essex to doing the routine coverage and instead speak to all the creditors and local companies who have allegedly been screwed over by Evil Ron. That would sell papers and actually start to address some of the issues that fans have.

Its time for Mr Ron Martin to come out and give everyone the facts on the embargo and the clubs finances and Fossetts Farm. Its not for PB to tell us , his job is to take care of the playing side of the club and help us out of this dam league.Mr Martin you have one of if not the best supported clubs in league2 , a club with so much potential, please stop alienating your clubs supporters, do the right thing and be honest with them let them all know whats happening to their club, you may own the club ,but without these loyal supporters you have nothing,tell them the gods honest truth, who knows just maybe someone will have an answer to all the mess that you cannot envisage,MR MARTIN ITS TIME TO BE HONEST AND OPEN!!!

Ron Martin must be laughing how easily he has got away with this so far. I find it sad that there are fans who just don't want to do anything when its been clear for a while now that Ron cant deliver what he promises to anyone and is destroying the football club I love.

There a lot of fans that want to do something about it but the answer is what.

Its time for Mr Ron Martin to come out and give everyone the facts on the embargo and the clubs finances and Fossetts Farm. Its not for PB to tell us , his job is to take care of the playing side of the club and help us out of this dam league.Mr Martin you have one of if not the best supported clubs in league2 , a club with so much potential, please stop alienating your clubs supporters, do the right thing and be honest with them let them all know whats happening to their club, you may own the club ,but without these loyal supporters you have nothing,tell them the gods honest truth, who knows just maybe someone will have an answer to all the mess that you cannot envisage,MR MARTIN ITS TIME TO BE HONEST AND OPEN!!!

Spot on. Martin should at least have the bollocks to tell the fans where we are. This constant radio silence is driving me mad. Does he think we are all just going to shut up shop and go away?

There a lot of fans that want to do something about it but the answer is what.

Exactly! Protesting just for the sake of it will be pointless and most likely attract more bad publicity. There were a few protests going on in 2009/10 season and even some outside his house IIRC, but what did that achieve? Not much if my memory serves me right.

According to the echo the deal may go threw today in time for him to play at Burton :thumbsup:

Spot on. Martin should at least have the bollocks to tell the fans where we are. This constant radio silence is driving me mad. Does he think we are all just going to shut up shop and go away?

Thing is we will if we win a couple of games.

As passionate as people are sounding right now they will all forget all about it after a couple of wins. With that level of commitment to the cause Im not sure any uprising will get very far.

Find it funny that people slag off Chris Phillips every day yet he comes on here and gives an explanation and none of these people even reply to it. Its his job and don't forget he is a supporter so its not like he wants to be writing these stories.

I guess some of you are just happy to ignore the fact that our club is a financial joke and on the pitch isn't much better.

Back