• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rockstar by Nickleback

Cheese or genius?

• Yes! It's a work of genius!

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • It's ferking terrible!

Votes: 21 46.7%

• Total voters
Oh Christ, I'm so disappointed in some of you. It's absolutely ****ing rubbish and all those responsible for it should be lined up against a wall at dawn and shot. And no last cigarette either, they don't deserve it.

What is it? Is it ironic? Is it a genuine wish for banality? I don't get it. I don't understand what he's getting at. Is he attacking rock star cliches? I've heard some of their other stuff and people who live in glasses houses shouldn't play powerchords, if you know what I mean.

It's a creative barren patch, it's a nihilistic smear, it's repetitive nonsense, it's actually quite offensive. I really, really don't like it.
All to tastes I suppose, to me it's a rock song with a decent riff. It's fairly formulaic in structure and I'm sure it will be forgotten in time but I enjoy listening to it right now without concerning myself with their hidden meanings!

Figured You Out is a brilliant rock song. I love all my fellow zoners, but I'm calling you beyatches on this one.

Figured You Out is a brilliant rock song. I love all my fellow zoners, but I'm calling you beyatches on this one.

ntate110.jpg

:)

The We Are Scientists cover is pretty good - just takes the **** out of the song halfway through and starts talking about working in Subway. If anyone wants an mp3 of it, pm me, not great audio quality but listenable.

As for the original - decent video, just rips off 'Break Stuff' by Limp Bizkit, but the actual song - just garbage.

The We Are Scientists cover is pretty good - just takes the **** out of the song halfway through and starts talking about working in Subway. If anyone wants an mp3 of it, pm me, not great audio quality but listenable.

As for the original - decent video, just rips off 'Break Stuff' by Limp Bizkit, but the actual song - just garbage.

And he's back!

:)

I think its the type of song that I would not normally listen to, but must admit that I do like it and always turn it up whenever I hear it.
Maybe its one of those "guilty pleasure" songs

Crap Self Satisfied Lyrics
+
Vocals of a 1000 strangled cats
+
Dull Formulaic MOR 'rock' riffs
=
Heap of steaming :censored:

Back