• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

In East Greens, Block D, Row R, seat 87... will be making as much noise as possible... a few beers before the game may help!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Mar. 24 2006,15:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Mar. 24 2006,15:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Mar. 24 2006,15:32)]So anyone from the mid and southern end sections of the West Stand willing to show some b******s tomorrow and sing themselves horse?..

Come along now...

rock.gif
I am in T Block tomorrow and I will be singing loud and true

(will be in the spread from 12 hopefully! that will get me going well)

biggrin.gif
Good man, anyone else over the West side?

Come on, bloody hell there must be more than this?!...

Or is it really this bad?!!...

rock.gif
I be in the mate west, i be joining in witj the singing. this get behing the lads and hopegully get another 3 points, and another step to promtion. lets get roots hall rocking again. Im off to bed b4 i fall asleeo. I shoulnt drink too ,much but who cares yoy only live once. come on southend.... c c seasiders

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Blonde_Fan @ Mar. 24 2006,18:33)]im a lady in east greens and i will be singing for all its worth come on everyone lets get behind kev and the boys and if the old guy in the east greens shouts out after 10 mins come on blues you should be murdering this lot you are spoiling my weekend i swear i will throtle him and the old couple next to me who spend the whole match discussing the off side rule for heavens sake woman how many times do you need it explained to you its so simple the opposition are always offside and we never are and if the ref cant see that you scream loudly at him
Absoloute quality post BF. Judging by who you are describing I think you must sit quite near me - H113.

In deference to the nation of Greece and their unlikely Euro 2004 triumph, which mirrors Southend unlikely charge towards League 1 triumph, I shall be regaling the South Lower with a medley of songs from the classic musical ... erm, Grease.

When the Blue Belles appear, a rendition of "Beauty School Drop-Out" will be sung.

As the West Stand barnaids make their way across our view and behind the goal in the last 15 minutes, "Look At Me I'm Sandra Dee, Lousy With Virginity" will be aired.

With Adam Barratt's famed forward runs will be the anthemic "Grease Lightning."

Each goal scored will be met with "You're The One That I Want, Yoo-Hoo-Hoo."

And as Efe matches Barratt's runs the melody of Summer Night's "A well-a, wella-a, well-a, well-a ooh, tell me more, tell me more, did you get very far?", from which I expect every female in the ground to respond with "Like does he have a car?  And that was never offside, you b.astard f.ucking lino."

Our inevitable win from such aural encouragement assured, as the team take their lap of honour, the Hall should reverberate with "We go together like rama-dama-langa and dama-la-ding-de-dong."

You know it makes sense.

"the opposition are always offside and we never are and if the ref cant see that you scream loudly at him "

Brilliant; the real man/woman's view of the off-side rule. None of this mamby-pamby 1st-phase, 2nd-phase rubbish.

Should be made into a T-Shirt!!

Back on topic; East Yellows - 2nd last row.

Always willing and happy to sing; don't always have to stand up and block people's view to do it either.

Its not as if I'm going to be worried about making myself look foolish because I'm singing. Anyone that knows me will testify that I can look foolish without opening my mouth
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Joolz @ Mar. 25 2006,01:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Blonde_Fan @ Mar. 24 2006,18:33)]im a lady in east greens and i will be singing for all its worth come on everyone lets get behind kev and the boys and if the old guy in the east greens shouts out after 10 mins come on blues you should be murdering this lot you are spoiling my weekend i swear i will throtle him and the old couple next to me who spend the whole match discussing the off side rule for heavens sake woman how many times do you need it explained to you its so simple the opposition are always offside and we never are and if the ref cant see that you scream loudly at him
Absoloute quality post BF. Judging by who you are describing I think you must sit quite near me - H113.
Another SZ poster who i didnt realise sat so close, im in K113. You must be very close to Boc crachett.

And yes i shall be singing my heart out for the boys today.

get down the Railway at 12.30.watch the live sky match on the tv have a one or two beers. make our way to the ground about 2-30 ish have one in the Groundmans bar. take our seats in the East Blue / yellow at the back whereever there are some spare.. sing for the 1st 45 mins non stop shouting at everyone to join in.lol.... if crap game prob stay in the Groundmans for the second half catching up with some old pals.. only running out if we score :-)

Never lose the faith

Hey lets all do our Best Boys n Girls 5 homes left and they need our help.....

One Team In Essex
SOUTHEND UNITED FC

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CSWICKFORDSHRIMPER @ Mar. 25 2006,08:53)]get down the Railway at 12.30.watch the live sky match on the tv have a one or two beers. make our way to the ground about 2-30 ish have one in the Groundmans bar. take our seats in the East Blue / yellow at the back whereever there are some spare.. sing for the 1st 45 mins non stop shouting at everyone to join in.lol.... if crap game prob stay in the Groundmans for the second half catching up with some old pals.. only running out if we score :-)

Never lose the faith

Hey lets all do our Best Boys n Girls 5 homes left and they need our help.....

One Team In Essex
SOUTHEND UNITED FC
Yeah I am up the back standing with you lets sing our hearts out for this one!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Joolz @ Mar. 24 2006,14:59)]I, the undersigned, hereby solemnly declare to:

1. Sing, shout, swear at the linesman etc...
Joolz, you seem to forget that according to Geoffrey King's Prawn Sandwich Football Revolution Act 2005, such antics will attract a two-match ban these days ...

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Groyne Strain @ Mar. 25 2006,04:54)]In deference to the nation of Greece and their unlikely Euro 2004 triumph, which mirrors Southend unlikely charge towards League 1 triumph, I shall be regaling the South Lower with a medley of songs from the classic musical ... erm, Grease.

When the Blue Belles appear, a rendition of "Beauty School Drop-Out" will be sung.

As the West Stand barnaids make their way across our view and behind the goal in the last 15 minutes, "Look At Me I'm Sandra Dee, Lousy With Virginity" will be aired.

With Adam Barratt's famed forward runs will be the anthemic "Grease Lightning."

Each goal scored will be met with "You're The One That I Want, Yoo-Hoo-Hoo."

And as Efe matches Barratt's runs the melody of Summer Night's "A well-a, wella-a, well-a, well-a ooh, tell me more, tell me more, did you get very far?", from which I expect every female in the ground to respond with "Like does he have a car?  And that was never offside, you b.astard f.ucking lino."

Our inevitable win from such aural encouragement assured, as the team take their lap of honour, the Hall should reverberate with "We go together like rama-dama-langa and dama-la-ding-de-dong."

You know it makes sense.
laugh.gif

Very good indeed!

It would be nice to create a better atmosphere around Roots Hall, and for that you need our quieter fans to make some noise or more noise.  For my part I join in with any songs going, go mental if any opposition players tackle ours, always shout my head off sticking up for Gutts (even when I know he’s being a little sod) and give the ref and lino stick when they give any decisions against us.  But that’s me and what I choose to do during the game.  I know I could do more myself to contribute toward a better atmosphere, maybe instigate some songs and go ballistic like Martin Allen but I wouldn’t feel comfortable.  I suppose, it’s the same principle for supporters who opt to watch the match without making a sound - they just don’t feel comfortable joining in with any songs, but IMO it doesn’t make the ’silent Southenders’ any less passionate about the team - you can often see the worry and anxiety etched on their faces during games.  Maybe it isn’t good for the health of quieter fans to keep it all in, maybe it would do them good to let out their emotion and tension, and join in with a rendition of ‘stand up if you love Southend’ or perhaps another less irritating song.  

Tilly and the players have said that good vocal support gives the team a boost and can help them win matches.  Simple equation as follows: -

More noise = Greater Atmosphere
Greater Atmosphere = Enhanced Team Performance
Enhanced Team Performance = Points and Promotion

Minimal noise = Quieter Atmosphere
Quieter Atmosphere = Poorer Team Performance
Poorer Team Performance = Fewer points and Play-offs

Okay, I accept the above maybe a bit simplistic but you get the jist.

But, I suppose at the end of the day, every supporter pays their money and makes their choice.

Much better atmosphere today, goal after 1 min helped, but even so you could tell more people wanted to sing. It's still not quite there but getting better.

Once again for those of you that don't like singing/cheering/claping there was another piece in the programme from Maher "please get behind the boys today as your support does make a difference. We need everyone to get behind us during the remaining eight games".

Should be good at Bournemouth those of us in the side stand under cover will make loads of noise.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Up the Shrimps @ Mar. 26 2006,00:17)]Much better atmosphere today, goal after 1 min helped, but even so you could tell more people wanted to sing.  It's still not quite there but getting better.

Once again for those of you that don't like singing/cheering/claping there was another piece in the programme from Maher  "please get behind the boys today as your support does make a difference. We need everyone to get behind us during the remaining eight games".

Should be good at Bournemouth those of us in the side stand under cover will make loads of noise.
I thought it was one of the best atmospheres of the season. Looks like we pulling our fingers out at the business end of the season. Keep it coming.

[b said:
The best,and simplest exposition of the off side law I've ever seen.
Will use it myself in future.
Hats off to you.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Mar. 26 2006,16:55)]It was a great atmosphere yesterday. Bring on the Bournemouth!
The atmosphere can only get better.  I can't wait for the last few home games, especially Bristol City.

You think Roots Hall can be a tad morgue-like. There were 69,070 at Old Trafford, an FA Premier$hite attendance record. But how QUIET was it this afternoon?! And how empty was it with five minutes to go and Man Ure winning?! Obviously off to make more prawn sandwiches ...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Mar. 26 2006,20:09)]You think Roots Hall can be a tad morgue-like. There were 69,070 at Old Trafford, an FA Premier$hite attendance record. But how QUIET was it this afternoon?! And how empty was it with five minutes to go and Man Ure winning?! Obviously off to make more prawn sandwiches ...
Is it really ethical to be watching a Premier$hite game as a Southend fan?
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Joolz @ Mar. 26 2006,21:26)]Is it really ethical to be watching a Premier$hite game as a Southend fan?  
smile.gif
Simply sheltering from the sun and temperatures climbing to 26°c today! Girls out on terrace sun-bathing; boys indoors watching footy (or rather drinking beer and playing cards with TV in the background) ...

Back