• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron in court.

Do you know him? Actually know him? I dont know how anybody can say things like this without really knowing the person.
….years and years of Actions speak for themselves…did you even read my comment from beginning to end ? ..how much more evidence do you need to know the character of TOXIC Ron ??

FFS mate …. ??‍♂️

From the Echo today regards Ron and Geoff:

Both are charged with two counts of cheating the public revenue and are released on bail ahead of a plea and trial preparations on November 23rd.

From what I've been reading, this could take months to go to trial and all sorts could happen in between including freezing of bank accounts via a court order etc. Let's hope whatever happens, that our club is not affected too much.

Last edited:
….years and years of Actions speak for themselves…did you even read my comment from beginning to end ? ..how much more evidence do you need to know the character of TOXIC Ron ??

FFS mate …. ??‍♂️
So you have never met met him yet choose to slag his family. Lets hope Mrs Martin, who always comes across as very nice, doesn't consider legal options against you.

"Martin, chairman of Southend Utd since 2000, wore a black business suit and patterned tie"

Isn't that nice?

Good to know that our leader has not lost his sense of style despite all these problems

From the Echo today regards Ron and Geoff:

Both are charged with two counts of cheating the public revenue and are released on bail ahead of a plea and trial preparations on November 23rd.

From what I've been reading, this could take months to go to trial and all sorts could happen in between including freezing of bank accounts via a court order etc. Let's hope whatever happens, that our club is not affected too much.

Looks like he'll do time if found guilty...

Fraud: Cheat the public revenue, common law
Triable on indictment only
Maximum: Life imprisonment
Offence range: 3 – 17 years’ custody

Looks like he'll do time if found guilty...

Fraud: Cheat the public revenue, common law
Triable on indictment only
Maximum: Life imprisonment
Offence range: 3 – 17 years’ custody
Indictable offences are the most serious in the UK criminal legal system. Very bad

"Martin, chairman of Southend Utd since 2000, wore a black business suit and patterned tie"

Isn't that nice?

Good to know that our leader has not lost his sense of style despite all these problems
As a newspaper/publisher they have to tread very carefully. Which is why other than the barest of facts on the charges all there is left that they can take to press is what they were wearing. I wouldn't expect to be learning very much more from the Echo.

As a newspaper/publisher they have to tread very carefully. Which is why other than the barest of facts on the charges all there is left that they can take to press is what they were wearing. I wouldn't expect to be learning very much more from the Echo.
They didn't mention his hairstyle though.

Too many ‘expats’ on here and not enough experts.

Fixed that quote for you.........:Smile: *puts on tin hat*

In all seriousness some very good points raised ORM.

This is an ongoing legal case and speculation is not helpful. We will have a little more information once the Crown Court hearing has taken place but even then there is likely to be radio silence for a long time after.

If the club's position will be in anyway affected then I'm sure we will hear about it.

I'm starting to think whether the loan to kick start the new stadium will now materialise.... are the government still going to hand over that sort of money to 1 Ron companies with Ron up in court for alleged fraud. You couldn't make this **** up could you.
Sounds right up the Govt street...

FFS mate …. ??‍♂️
Going on your last couple of comments I am guessing you think he is toxic? You didn't quite make it clear enough so I have had to guess!

Ron “TOXIC” Martin has been the key malignant factor in the near death of our club for a good many years now. Being honest, I can totally understand why anyone would wish they could do him as much harm as he has done to the club that I have supported and loved for over 50 years.

Just stop and think for one moment what he has brought us to !! ????

Little wonder then that so many of us despise him with a real passion. He has proven, time and time again, entirely unfit and unworthy to own us, or to have us in chains of lifelong debt to him and his awful family.

The much bigger surprise is just how many of his supporters and apologists on the zone STILL seem to think there is even one ounce of worthwhile goodness in that disgusting person. ?????????

Utterly Amazing. !!
I have never met him and do not know him at all.
In the course of my lifetime I have met at least one person who was irredeemably evil but I am still very well aware that even bad people are capable of good actions just like good persons can do bad things.
To state that anyone does not have 'even one ounce of worthwhile goodness' in them just does not tally with my life experience. Life is always a good deal more complicated than black or white.
On a personal level have a great deal of sympathy with Ron (and Geoff King) and their families. That does mean that I approve of all that they do but just that I am another imperfect human being.
While you rant they are paying a price regardless of the outcome of the case.
Whether that price represents justice or not is immaterial, as, life is very seldom fair.

Fixed that quote for you.........:Smile: *puts on tin hat*

In all seriousness some very good points raised ORM.

This is an ongoing legal case and speculation is not helpful. We will have a little more information once the Crown Court hearing has taken place but even then there is likely to be radio silence for a long time after.

If the club's position will be in anyway affected then I'm sure we will hear about it.
" There are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know."

I'm starting to think whether the loan to kick start the new stadium will now materialise.... are the government still going to hand over that sort of money to 1 Ron companies with Ron up in court for alleged fraud. You couldn't make this **** up could you.

You're assuming one part of Govt talks to another part.

I'd be surprised if this impacted the loan to whatever entity is managing the development

The thing that gets me is these are two very clever men. They are very experienced businessmen, especially Ron. So they are both fully aware that huge taxes are paid on large land sales. So with over £5m due to be paid, how on earth did they think they could avoid the tax due? It's not a deal or sum that could slip under the radar. There must be some explanation, otherwise these two would turn out to be incredibly stupid and naive.

The thing that gets me is these are two very clever men. They are very experienced businessmen, especially Ron. So they are both fully aware that huge taxes are paid on large land sales. So with over £5m due to be paid, how on earth did they think they could avoid the tax due? It's not a deal or sum that could slip under the radar. There must be some explanation, otherwise these two would turn out to be incredibly stupid and naive.
100%. For sure there is more to this than meets the eye.

That said, given the custodial sentence which could be applied and the undeniable fact that we are bolted to To Big Ron’s finances I hope the Trust are already looking at plans b, c and d?

If this milk turns out to be sour we shouldn’t be the kind of pussies who have to drink it (or something.)

Ron “TOXIC” Martin has been the key malignant factor in the near death of our club for a good many years now. Being honest, I can totally understand why anyone would wish they could do him as much harm as he has done to the club that I have supported and loved for over 50 years.

Just stop and think for one moment what he has brought us to !! ????

Little wonder then that so many of us despise him with a real passion. He has proven, time and time again, entirely unfit and unworthy to own us, or to have us in chains of lifelong debt to him and his awful family.

The much bigger surprise is just how many of his supporters and apologists on the zone STILL seem to think there is even one ounce of worthwhile goodness in that disgusting person. ?????????

Utterly Amazing. !!
I’m not a Ron apologist thank you. Martin Dawn, John Main and now Ron Martin has kept the club going by the skinniest skin of its teeth. The new stadium was and possibly will still continue to be a fiasco. The club has had a shocking last 2-1/2 seasons but the rot started long before the manager merry go round and poor signings with late payment of player wages.

That doesn’t stop me operating an innocent until guilty approach and even IF guilty doesn’t mean I have to lower myself to some of the vile sentiment expressed on here. That is reserved for real scum such as the pedos and those theft protect the pedos

Back