• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron provides another managerial update

I dont have any aspirations of anything else really... but 1 place above the drop is only 5 points away and it's only October. My point was that if we do start playing as we can, then that is not much to make up over 30 plus games. If we were at the other end of the table then the top teams accumulate more points so a 5 point gap is a taller order to overcome.

The promotion reference was only there to show what isn't attainable. I'm not expecting to get anywhere near it but by the same token we should easily be capable of a lower mid table and comfortable finish.

Too many glasses of Malbec the other night and I put the odd £1.27 in my 365 account on us for promotion @500/1:Moon:

Ask Ipswich supporters about Keane.They claim he nearly bankrupted the club, through his
transfer policy, or lack of , and careless management.Absoulutely,no thanks.

There's a lot to like about Hitler for this role. If he's still alive, he would be 120 years old or so, and that would show the current players the benefits of a vegetarian teetotal lifestyle. He would have learned his craft in Germany, and perfected it hiding in South America somehwere. German efficiency with Latin flair? Sounds great. Would need a great spin job from Ron to get the supporters onside, but would be the ultimate high profile appointment.

Another fool who thought the best form of defence was attack.

There's a lot to like about Hitler for this role. If he's still alive, he would be 120 years old or so, and that would show the current players the benefits of a vegetarian teetotal lifestyle. He would have learned his craft in Germany, and perfected it hiding in South America somehwere. German efficiency with Latin flair? Sounds great. Would need a great spin job from Ron to get the supporters onside, but would be the ultimate high profile appointment.

thing is, football supporters are so amoral when it comes to their club and its results that most would accept it if the results were good enough

Ron. Now please make a decision.
Your indecision over the last few days has caused stress which
resulted in me having a heart attack and ended up being carted off to Royal Papworth hospital late last night .After great treatment here feeling better, but Ron could make my day by announcing Adam's return to Roots Hall
Take Care Comrade, Dobro noc.x

Millwall looking to appoint there manager before the next game wonder if Barrett will be gone by then

I am at a complete loss as to what is going on at our club.

Bond resigned 6th September, which was 2 weeks later than he should have been sacked because Ron was on holiday. It is now over a month later and we have still not appointed a permanent manager.

Ron if full of ego and his own self importance and seem intent on getting us relegated through his own total incompetence.

The lack of a Chief Executive is another major flaw. I have generally been pro Ron on balance over the years....but this season he does not seem of stable mind to me.

I fear for our future....Waddock a dead man walking is now going to be taking charge of the Wombkes games this weekend at this rate. God knows what preparation must have been like this week for the team.

Total incompetence Ron make a ****ing decision!

I need a beer.....

It’s been mentioned before that Millwall need to make an appointment before we can appoint Barrett. I think that’s what’s going to happen. No inside knowledge, just a hunch. If so we’ll need to be patient for a bit longer but if that is what happens it will be worth it IMO.

The lack of a Chief Executive is another major flaw. I have generally been pro Ron on balance over the years....but this season he does not seem of stable mind to me.
I fear for our future....

Hmm we're all getting older?. Even I go into the kitchen, & upon entering forget what I've gone in there for??.

According to Ron's statement fans were expecting a new manager by this Saturday.It will soon be Thursday and yes Friday will be upon us.But Fans would appreciate an update as to the latest position is.Even to say it wont be.The delay for all parties is not good and testing everyone patience to the limit

The only way to work out if Ron will be making an announcement today is to follow him and see if he visits the hairdressers, there's no way he would do an interview without being immaculate.

It's too late now for any new man to be in the dugout for Saturday. The Thursday press conference might be interesting, but I suspect it will just be Waddock and he won't answer questions about the new manager whoever it is.
Got a bit of sympathy for poor old Wazza too. His future is up in the air and how is he supposed to implement any long-term thinking or strategy into this bunch of clueless wasters when he probably isn't going to get the job?

It’s been mentioned before that Millwall need to make an appointment before we can appoint Barrett. I think that’s what’s going to happen. No inside knowledge, just a hunch. If so we’ll need to be patient for a bit longer but if that is what happens it will be worth it IMO.
You could be right. That situation would explain the radio silence from Ron - his hands would be tied and he wouldn't be able to announce anything in the meantime.

I reckon the two SUEPA guests ,should be given a try as manager on Saturday

Could be new Tilly/Brush, Dave Crown as attacking coach

Back