• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron provides another managerial update

This is bordering on just plain stupid territory now.

There's only so much interviewing and decision making you can do.

Maybe Ron is running each manager through simulation results in Football Manager until the year 3019...

Wonder if all candidates turned him down, hence wait or they want guarantees on certain conditions before they sign
Very bizarre situation

Wonder if all candidates turned him down, hence wait or they want guarantees on certain conditions before they sign
Very bizarre situation

Why would they turn down a job they applied for.

It's hardly like they are expecting a Chelsea salary or man city budget. Will be well aware of out current position and transfer window constraints.

Maybe another contender threw into the ring at the last minute. Maybe Ron hasn't made a decision.

It's more than likely the job has been offered to Barrett and we are waiting on millwall sorting their house and paying Barrett off.

Very bizarre situation
Not bizarre at all.

RM obviously wanted Barrett.
Harris unexpectedly resigned from Millwall.
Barrett was appointed caretaker and wins first match which scuppers Ron's short term plan.
RM now takes stock and lets the dust settle before making next move.

What would be more bizarre is a rushed, "anyone will do" appointment. The next appointment must be as right as it can be; not just given to anyone because they are available today. As I said in another post, we have plenty of time to avoid relegation, what is slipping away (or probably has by now) is the chance of promotion.

We aren't going to bring (m)any in in January so next year will be the big midfield clear out. That is what's needed. Staying up is critical and there's tons of time for that.

Ron. Now please make a decision.
Your indecision over the last few days has caused stress which
resulted in me having a heart attack and ended up being carted off to Royal Papworth hospital late last night .After great treatment here feeling better, but Ron could make my day by announcing Adam's return to Roots Hall

Get well soon mate! Focus on Brexit its less stressful!!

Loads of people turn down jobs they applied for.

Sometimes it is because having delved deeper into the job it's not as attractive a proposition as the job description made out - maybe the position doesn't come with the necessary degree of control or sufficient budget to do the job properly. Sometimes the parties are just too far apart remuneration wise as one party's "competitive salary" isn't as competitive as the employer thinks. Often it is because their existing employer has made a counter-offer.

Not bizarre at all.

Barrett was appointed caretaker and wins first match which scuppers Ron's short term plan.

What would be more bizarre is a rushed, "anyone will do" appointment. The next appointment must be as right as it can be; not just given to anyone because they are available today. As I said in another post, we have plenty of time to avoid relegation, what is slipping away (or probably has by now) is the chance of promotion.

We aren't going to bring (m)any in in January so next year will be the big midfield clear out. That is what's needed. Staying up is critical and there's tons of time for that.
Literally just spat out my drink
'Probably has' classic

Not bizarre at all.

Good lord @fbm you always talk such sense, but you’ve really got to let go of any aspirations for this season higher than one place above the drop. No it’s not what the squad are capable of (do I mean staying up or they’re better than they’re showing? Answers on a postcard) but there really is nothing left for us now.

As you say Ron is taking his time because he’s got time. He’s GOT to get it right this time. Pray for a good managerial appointment - however long it takes, who can help us finish one place above the drop. A huge number of contracts are up this summer and a proper overhaul beckons. We need the right person in charge to make that opportunity count.

And having said the above I think I should come clean that I moaned to the other mods about how long this is taking only this morning :Smile:

How many more front runners we going to get lol the favourite has changed so many times just give the job to Waddock

I remain fairly convinced that we will end up with Barrett and Tilly, and that would be my number one choice as well. One name that keeps popping up for other vacancies but not ours really interests me however. I assume he would want more money than we can afford, but he would be high profile, which we know is something Ron loves. Who is this mystery man? Roy Keane. I especially enjoy how much he is looking like Mel Gibson these days.

I remain fairly convinced that we will end up with Barrett and Tilly, and that would be my number one choice as well. One name that keeps popping up for other vacancies but not ours really interests me however. I assume he would want more money than we can afford, but he would be high profile, which we know is something Ron loves. Who is this mystery man? Roy Keane. I especially enjoy how much he is looking like Mel Gibson these days.

God i hope not. Absolutely despise Keane.

He is a self important waste. He wouldn't have made a career in the game in today's world. He would have been getting about 10 reds per season.

Good lord @fbm you always talk such sense, but you’ve really got to let go of any aspirations for this season higher than one place above the drop. No it’s not what the squad are capable of (do I mean staying up or they’re better than they’re showing? Answers on a postcard) but there really is nothing left for us now.

As you say Ron is taking his time because he’s got time. He’s GOT to get it right this time. Pray for a good managerial appointment - however long it takes, who can help us finish one place above the drop. A huge number of contracts are up this summer and a proper overhaul beckons. We need the right person in charge to make that opportunity count.
I dont have any aspirations of anything else really... but 1 place above the drop is only 5 points away and it's only October. My point was that if we do start playing as we can, then that is not much to make up over 30 plus games. If we were at the other end of the table then the top teams accumulate more points so a 5 point gap is a taller order to overcome.

The promotion reference was only there to show what isn't attainable. I'm not expecting to get anywhere near it but by the same token we should easily be capable of a lower mid table and comfortable finish.

Keane would be good for team building......

Am I the only one seeing the irony of this post and your username.

There's a lot to like about Hitler for this role. If he's still alive, he would be 120 years old or so, and that would show the current players the benefits of a vegetarian teetotal lifestyle. He would have learned his craft in Germany, and perfected it hiding in South America somehwere. German efficiency with Latin flair? Sounds great. Would need a great spin job from Ron to get the supporters onside, but would be the ultimate high profile appointment.

Because its not what they were looking for, because the deal being offered was insufficient, not impressed with the set up, the club, the chairman etc etc...all sorts of reasons.

Back