• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Update

Tough questions, sorry that one made me spit my tea out everywhere. In all the meetings their hasn't been one tough question. It's all nicey nicey questions that are easily fobbed off. I put a large list of questions to the trust and said I'd gladly attend previous meetings etc. Not heard a peep from them either. The clique like to keep it all in house you see.

so you can control that bit with unity - SOS bringing groups together- agree on the questions that need to be ask and agree who is going to ask them and refuse to move on until he has asked it the groups satisfaction. As I suggested elsewhere whilst meeting is running have a separate zoom chat option with representation of agreed groups so that can you agree on approach/questions/questioner as the call is running.

so you can control that bit with unity - SOS bringing groups together- agree on the questions that need to be ask and agree who is going to ask them and refuse to move on until he has asked it the groups satisfaction. As I suggested elsewhere whilst meeting is running have a separate zoom chat option with representation of agreed groups so that can you agree on approach/questions/questioner as the call is running.

There's no organisation on the calls and some of the questions asked are laughable but my stance remains the same, they've not helped in the past so why would they help now?

I must have missed this. I assume there was an announcement?
I informed the trust chairman last week when asked to do a meeting last week with the club that SOS is not going to engage before a protest but happy to after. The trust subsequently cancelled that meeting as they felt tempers were running high, they have then decided to ask groups if they would like a meeting Thursday (today) we said no because we feel it makes a protest look rather weak, Custard Splat pod cast agrees with us and won’t attend before either. From my own view the win win situation would be to have a sit down Saturday night or Sunday morning or whenever just after the protest.

However the trust have a duty to their members to continue to engage and that’s fine (after all you can’t have everything) and SOS have a duty to the people who have supported and donated to us to follow what they want. In fact the trust chairman himself said to me that one group compliments the other by coming at things from a different direction.

But make no mistake just because we don’t agree on having a meeting before the unity is there and getting everybody to protest together was something I was told for months you would not get the trust onboard.... I did and I take my hat off to them for backing it.
Storm in a tea cup this thread to be honest

Last edited:
"What do we want?"

"Better engagement with the club"

" When do we want it?"

" At our convenience!"

Yep, "Better" as opposed to "more". He has a list of questions that he's failed to answer yet. In zoom calls and club statements he's just full of waffle.

To my mind SOS have played into Ron’s hands by declining to attend this meeting. He’ll be able to say with accuracy that he agreed to meet the fans’ groups today but they couldn’t even agree among themselves whether to attend. OK, maybe it’s a cynical trap set by Ron but SOS have walked into it.
There would be a lot of political gain in attending. If there is any progress, however small, made towards meeting the groups’ objectives then it is worth it. That wouldn’t negate the need for the protest as it would surely not be enough for that. If it turns out to be the usual waffle and no progress is made then that strengthens the need for the protest and emphasises its purpose. The groups can say with accuracy that they met with Ron as recently as today but he still could not come up with anything/enough that would help move towards their agreed objectives so more pressure needs to be put upon him. SOS et al would hold the moral high ground, not Ron.

To my mind SOS have played into Ron’s hands by declining to attend this meeting. He’ll be able to say with accuracy that he agreed to meet the fans’ groups today but they couldn’t even agree among themselves whether to attend. OK, maybe it’s a cynical trap set by Ron but SOS have walked into it.
There would be a lot of political gain in attending. If there is any progress, however small, made towards meeting the groups’ objectives then it is worth it. That wouldn’t negate the need for the protest as it would surely not be enough for that. If it turns out to be the usual waffle and no progress is made then that strengthens the need for the protest and emphasises its purpose. The groups can say with accuracy that they met with Ron as recently as today but he still could not come up with anything/enough that would help move towards their agreed objectives so more pressure needs to be put upon him. SOS et al would hold the moral high ground, not Ron.
Not when you have already stood on a platform of not meeting till after the protest it does not, we can’t help others wanted to meet can we, that’s their right and let them. I think it’s right to stay true to what we have said.
It’s not walking into anything when you chose a stance and stick by it when no meeting was arranged for today during that time we made that decision

Last edited:
Back