• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

have i said any of this,no

Some people are just genetically programmed to brown nose . It wouldn't matter who the chairman or manager were, & what division we were in. They can't help it. Every club has them.

Exactly maybe you could take your own advice then you and other mods could stop forming cliques and respect other people views.
Whats the point in having a fans forum if people like you and ACU openly belittle peoples views.
Cockles is right if you dont agree with the majority you get singled out.
People like you spoil the whole aim of an open forum.

To many chiefs springs to mind................

Add in calling people a fool on a regular basis, and I would say yes...

Add in calling people a fool on a regular basis, and I would say yes...

Being in & forming cliques= 2 differant things,is it not?

Brown nose i didnt disagree that i did say that,read the thread properly.

Calling people a fool nothing to do with this a thread.

People like you get on my nerves because your only real link to SUFC is this message board,because you decide to move far away from the club in the first place,you proberly attend a handful of games a season(big cup draws etc) and act like the clubs biggest fan.
If you had half the passion of me,j and cockles moving away from the club and the town of the club you love would never happen in the first place because it would hurt to miss even 1 game.
With people like me SUFC comes first along side my family.

People like you get on my nerves because your only real link to SUFC is this message board,because you decide to move far away from the club in the first place,you proberly attend a handful of games a season(big cup draws etc) and act like the clubs biggest fan.
If you had half the passion of me,j and cockles moving away from the club and the town of the club you love would never happen in the first place because it would hurt to miss even 1 game.

Ah of course. I'm not a proper fan. I haven't put following my football club ahead of my job, my family and my wife's health. I just feel utterly humiliated that you have seen through me and my petty, worthless attempts to have a life through this message board. I shall make sure that I never attend another Southend match in my life, for fear of making you and all the proper fans feel unclean at my presence.

Ah of course. I'm not a proper fan. I haven't put following my football club ahead of my job, my family and my wife's health. I just feel utterly humiliated that you have seen through me and my petty, worthless attempts to have a life through this message board. I shall make sure that I never attend another Southend match in my life, for fear of making you and all the proper fans feel unclean at my presence.

Gets the violin out....................

The facts as I see them are that now SUFC own nothing, when once they owned a ground, surrounding land, Boots and Laces and the training pitches. All are now in the hands of a developement company - and STILL the Club have debts. If this is the case, then fans have every right to feel uneasy and place their thoughts on here. I sincerely hope Mr Martin does come up with the goods that benefit the Club, but in the meantime no amount of pie-in-the-sky crystal ball gazing will change the mind of an ARC!

You are right that SUFC once owned the ground etc but now own nothing but is that not down to mismanagement prior to Ron Martin's involvement?
Is it not the case that if his company had not got involved when they did there would not still be a Southend United today?
I have never met the man and don't ever expect to but I cannot understand the level of animosity to him from some of here.
Yes he's made some major promises regarding the new stadium that have not yet come to fruition but given the planning inquiry and the credit crunch I think any fair-minded person can see why.
He may be a little too keen on public statements and a little oversensitive to critics but what is the alternative to him right now?
If he decides he's had enough, without an alternative that's the end of the club.

I have nothing else to add m'lud. I rest my case.

Gets the violin out....................

With supporters like you, the club doesn't need enemies

For most of us, SUFC are a part of our lives not our whole life. Perhaps that's why we are less cynical than you, as if Ron does have a masterplan to run the club into the ground, we would be absolutely gutted but still have a life.

As for moving away, then I am sure everyone has their reasons. I had to move away for about 10 years, otherwise I would have been out of a job. We do not all have a luxury apartment on the Kursaal estate you know!

Exactly maybe you could take your own advice then you and other mods could stop forming cliques and respect other people views.

So where is the respect in calling people who disagree with you "brown nosers"? I've found that generally those who are first to talk about respecting other's views are the same people who are less respectful of any view other than their own.

For most of us, SUFC are a part of our lives not our whole life. Perhaps that's why we are less cynical than you, as if Ron does have a masterplan to run the club into the ground, we would be absolutely gutted but still have a life.

As for moving away, then I am sure everyone has their reasons. I had to move away for about 10 years, otherwise I would have been out of a job. We do not all have a luxury apartment on the Kursaal estate you know!

thank you.thats where we are differant

So where is the respect in calling people who disagree with you "brown nosers"? I've found that generally those who are first to talk about respecting other's views are the same people who are less respectful of any view other than their own.

yawwwwwwwwwn

With supporters like you, the club doesn't need enemies

your point?????????????????

His point, and Ron's for that matter, is that sometimes support like yours and the way in which it is perceived can do more harm than good.

Incidentally, this season will be my first with a season card for nearly three years. Does that make me any less of a supporter than you?

Ten years ago I had to move to north Essex for four years. Does that in some way make my support any less valid.

In 1987 I had to give up supporting Southend United for three years due to personal circumstances. Again, does that make my support any less valid than, let's say, yours?

Just curious....

That as a statement is without doubt the most witless I have seen on this or any forum.

Does it not occur to that powerful organism lurking between your ears that family & work circumstances change and for numerous reasons people have to put family & career beyond a football club. Like many others here I have been an exile for work purposes, one has to take the chance of career advancement when such a chance presents itself. I doubt if anyone in their right mind would say to their boss, sorry I can't move to a higher paid more responsible job in Singapore because I can't afford to miss SUFC playing.

In addition I hereby condemn you to a period of sackcloth & ashes, and your appearances at Blues games next season shall be confined to big cup games only as befits a proper supporter.

Back