• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Like most people have said on here, you get fed up talking about the whole thing. It's like being a little kid at Christmas waiting for santa to turn up on Xmas eve but never does :nope:

Its a farce that only lacks three doors, Brian Rix and a dropped pair of trousers. Much of the problem is centered on what we do not know. All we do know is the naysayers have announced the obituary on our club and FF more times than Kerry Katona has had lunches.

Just to let you know the Roots Hall/Prospects discussion at the cabinet meeting did not happen. It was removed from the agenda prior to the meeting.

No, I rather think that that was another of the things that maybe shouldn't have been said at the AGM. "Soon" might have been a better choice of words!

Why shouldn't it be said at the AGM ? If he thinks he'll have an update in June, I think he should tell us so. We all moan that he's not telling us what's going on, but when he does we moan again. Saying that, if there is no update by Tuesday, then it will prove he was just fobbing us off again.

We are going around in circles here and what really needs to happen is for the trust to take the lead with the agenda and issue the club an ultimatum for straight answers or withdraw its funding and support for the current club ownership, but that won't happen for cm various reasons including in my opinion that the trust has become to close to the club

Just to let you know the Roots Hall/Prospects discussion at the cabinet meeting did not happen. It was removed from the agenda prior to the meeting.

That's what I said in the opening post...........Southend United failed to provide the necessary documentation in time for the debate to be held, surprise, surprise.

We are going around in circles here and what really needs to happen is for the trust to take the lead with the agenda and issue the club an ultimatum for straight answers or withdraw its funding and support for the current club ownership, but that won't happen for cm various reasons including in my opinion that the trust has become to close to the club

As the majority of Trust funding to the Club goes to the youth team, maybe, according to your logic, it would be advisable for TravelZone and ShrimperZone to withdraw their funding, by sponsorship of shirts, which is directly to the club?

Why shouldn't it be said at the AGM ? If he thinks he'll have an update in June, I think he should tell us so. We all moan that he's not telling us what's going on, but when he does we moan again. Saying that, if there is no update by Tuesday, then it will prove he was just fobbing us off again.

For the very reason that we are seeing here. If you are too specific it then invites criticism when that fails to materialise. Had he said "soon" or even "this summer" then there would be less chance of criticism.

The trust doing that wouldn't force the club into doing anything, they don't have enough financial sway.

...it would certainly make a statement, and would show its members its being proactive.

...it would certainly make a statement, and would show its members its being proactive.

and it would be a gamble. you run the risk of the club turning their backs on everyone in terms of communication. even if Ron does spout a load of B******S on here. more-over, as smiffy alluded to, do I smell a possible um-bongo ?? just don't know ron manages to keep pulling the wool over peoples eyes and succeeds in fooling them. yet again he smugs on the latest failed stadium attempt by scaremongering the council into believing its their fault if the club ceases to be coz they weren't backing him a hundred per cent. as for brown, the shareholder thing is designed to get back the monies he is owed. if the team struggled or struggles he won't budge till he gets what he's owed. phil dictating to uncle ron.

As for the dome I said its location was on the cards to be behind cecil jones school. the next big thing ron will say is becks himself is the secret backer. thinking about it, more chance than that than the dome being erected.

As the majority of Trust funding to the Club goes to the youth team, maybe, according to your logic, it would be advisable for TravelZone and ShrimperZone to withdraw their funding, by sponsorship of shirts, which is directly to the club?

For the very reason that we are seeing here. If you are too specific it then invites criticism when that fails to materialise. Had he said "soon" or even "this summer" then there would be less chance of criticism.
I think the key here is 'when' that fails to materialise. Spot on. We have been given endless amounts of dates over the years by Ron (from - we'll have an update on this date...building will start on this date etc.) and every time the deadlines are missed. What bothers me the most is the statements 'there will be an update on this date' - if you can't give an update due to the information being commercially sensitive, or providing an update will somehow be detriment to the club, then don't promise it in the first place.

2 more days Ron until another deadline is missed...

I think the key here is 'when' that fails to materialise. Spot on. We have been given endless amounts of dates over the years by Ron (from - we'll have an update on this date...building will start on this date etc.) and every time the deadlines are missed. What bothers me the most is the statements 'there will be an update on this date' - if you can't give an update due to the information being commercially sensitive, or providing an update will somehow be detriment to the club, then don't promise it in the first place.

2 more days Ron until another deadline is missed...

Or make a statement on the day saying that things have been delayed. To say nothing when you have promised something is wrong.

Or make a statement on the day saying that things have been delayed. To say nothing when you have promised something is wrong.

Why is it when he gives an estimation of a date its then translated to be a promise and if he doesnt meet it then he has lied?

Theres a difference between failing to meet deadlines he thinks will happen and making guarantees they will.

If he has said there will be an update then one should be forthcoming, Ive lost track of what he said now though.

The trust are there to ensure that there is a Southend United and as such should be the ones leading on this

There is a Southend United and things seem stable at present.

The stadium move isnt something the Trust have a lot of say in or control over, if the stadium isnt built in the next 10 years it doesnt mean the club disappears.

Im not sure what you think the Trust could do, they cant force Ron to start building the stadium, if he doesnt have the finances to do it then theres nothing they can do to change that.

I just think as fans, we would like to be kept in the picture more by the club! I know we can't be privy to certain news, but they could drop us a few crumbs here and there!

Why is it when he gives an estimation of a date its then translated to be a promise and if he doesnt meet it then he has lied?

Theres a difference between failing to meet deadlines he thinks will happen and making guarantees they will.

To be honest he's stated/promised/hinted/estimated so many start dates, it's a minor miracle that anyone takes any notice of any of them !

Back