• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Round 16

Round 16

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MK Shrimper

Striker
The final draw of the first round brings Ridley Scott (Genial Harry Grout) vs Rob Cohen (Tarquin F) - the only candidate I've not actually heard of :D

Good luck Tarqy!

GHG asked me to post this as he's otherwise engaged....

Ridley Scott to date has directed some of the best movies of the last 30 odd years. I'll leave the big guns out for another round but lets just throw a few smash hits into the mix for starters.

Gladiator - Russell Crowe has his very best brought out of him by Scott like few others. The late great Oliver Reed gave possible his best performance in this movie and Richard Harris was a genius casting. Beautifully shot as one would expect from Scott and superbly executed on film.

Black Hawk Down - Based on a true story and who truly didn't feel the shock, horror and tension portrayed.

Hannibal - It's difficult to stay in tune with the book but Scott's effort is incredible. Those of you who have bothered to read the book can concur. Excellent casting again and the cinematic shooting of the overall film was superb.

I haven't researched my opponent so cannot assisinate him but I prefer to point out genius over failure.

Vote Quimby........I mean Ridley Scott.

Tricky. Cohen directed an episode of Hooperman and some Miami Vice.

And I didn't like the intepretation of Hannibal.

But then Scott did Blade Runner.

Rob Cohen started out in TV where he was involved, amongst other things, in 'thirtysomething', which was ****.

Then he moved onto films, starting out with Dragon: The Bruce Lee story. Riddled with historical inaccuracies, this film is average at best.

Some fantasy bollocks followed (Dragonheart) which I haven't seen, but it sounds awful and then Daylight with Sly Stallone. Daylight received mainly negative reviews.

Next, he did The Skulls, which again I haven't seen because it had that ponce from Dawson's Creek in it, so I assume it was also ****.

Now came Cohens master work, The Fast And The Furious, which was some film about cars. I didn't see this one either, as not only does is sound really bad, but everyone in it is quite obviously a nob.
The film "received particularly harsh criticism for what some felt was its derivative storyline".

xXx was next. Probably a film that appealed to the meathead community. I've not seen it. I did start to read the plot in wikipedia, but after the first couple of sentences, lost the will to live.

Stealth limped into the public domain in 2005, was panned by critics and was a box office bomb.

Finally, dragging it's disease-ridden carcass across the line like some crippled paedophile is The Mummy: Tomb of The Dragon Emporer. I've not seen it. I suspect it's rubbish.

In summary, Rob Cohen is undoubtedly one of the most consistent directors in the business and unlike Ridley Scott, does not tease small animals and does not like to knock women about or burn down hospitals*.

So, vote for Rob Cohen you slags.

Kind Regards

*I made that up.

Brilliant. Just brilliant. Can I change my vote?

Rob Cohen started out in TV where he was involved, amongst other things, in 'thirtysomething', which was ****.

Then he moved onto films, starting out with Dragon: The Bruce Lee story. Riddled with historical inaccuracies, this film is average at best.

Some fantasy bollocks followed (Dragonheart) which I haven't seen, but it sounds awful and then Daylight with Sly Stallone. Daylight received mainly negative reviews.

Next, he did The Skulls, which again I haven't seen because it had that ponce from Dawson's Creek in it, so I assume it was also ****.

Now came Cohens master work, The Fast And The Furious, which was some film about cars. I didn't see this one either, as not only does it sound really bad, but everyone in it is quite obviously a nob.
The film "received particularly harsh criticism for what some felt was its derivative storyline".

xXx was next. Probably a film that appealed to the meathead community. I've not seen it. I did start to read the plot in wikipedia, but after the first couple of sentences, lost the will to live.

Stealth limped into the public domain in 2005, was panned by critics and was a box office bomb.

Finally, dragging it's disease-ridden carcass across the line like some crippled paedophile is The Mummy: Tomb of The Dragon Emporer. I've not seen it. I suspect it's rubbish.

In summary, Rob Cohen is undoubtedly one of the most consistent directors in the business and unlike Ridley Scott, does not tease small animals and does not like to knock women about or burn down hospitals*.

Kind Regards

*I made that up.

You obviously know a winner when you see one, Tarq

Now came Cohens master work, The Fast And The Furious, which was some film about cars. I didn't see this one either, as not only does it sound really bad, but everyone in it is quite obviously a nob.

Kind Regards

*I made that up.

I'd say I love you Tarq, but I'm afarid of what you'd do to me.

best. post. ever.

Back