• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Roy and Wayne.

It's a shame the FA, financially, have to have all their games at Wembley. This would have been in front of a near full house at (say) Villa Park, The Stadium of Light, Etihad, etc.

Agreed. Not only is it more convenient for England fans to have them around the country, but it makes the matches at Wembley even more special.

Agreed. Not only is it more convenient for England fans to have them around the country, but it makes the matches at Wembley even more special.

Perhaps the solution would be to stage the friendlies around the country and the qualifiers at Wembley, not ideal i know but at least the FA would be maximising their revenue.

On Gillette Soccer Saturday they were discussing the Swansea English players Shelvey Dyer and Routledge and to the panels amazement Roy has never been to Swansea to watch any of them.

supporting England is like watching an egg timer run out, but knowing as time /salt runs out,you will still support them, no matter what(hey love England &sufc)

Roy is an utterly amazing old duffer.Selecting WR as captain was the worst kept secret of all time then Roy straight faced insisted he would drop Wayne if he had too!Rooney our best player is being threatened he may not play but is the captain.

Truly strange and incredible from Roy,Now please get a result against the Swiss!

The Norway game has the FA panicking trying to sell tickets with so I have been told only 10,000 sold !

If Wayne was having a bad game, and didn't get taken off you'd be the first to suggest there must be a secret clause in his captain's contract that specifies that he isn't allowed to be subbed.

I think the apathy toward Roy and his team has reached the depths of despair.I believe if we had played well in the WC and at least reached the second round the crowd would have been 50000 .

I have no sympathy for the FA whatsoever .

Nor do I. They have ruined the England team because of their pandering to the PL.

However, in Roy they have at least selected the best man for the job. The players, however, are something that is now beyond their control.

Never stopped Roy before !

England should dump the wannabes who fail every time and inject dare I say it youth and pace,Zaha will be rejuvenated and I think Wembley would suit his style very well.

This is Zaha who United bought, Moyes didn't play because of his attitude, farmed him out on loan to Cardiff who also didn't like his attitude. He has now come back to United and Van Gaal has got rid because he doesn't think much of his attitude and agrees he can't cut the mustard. How many times have you actually seen Zaha play a full game in the last two years?

How many times have you actually seen Zaha play a full game in the last two years?

Pish. You don't need to actually watch a player to conclude how good they are these days. As long as they're young, pacy and have hunger that's all that counts. Just look at Williams, Brown and Layne. It doesn't matter that we've been subject to circa 90 minutes of football from them against lower-league opposition, we all saw enough from them to know they're better players than anything else we have.

In all seriousness, Zaha's attitude - in particular his dislike of training sessions and turning up for team meetings/briefings - were well known even before he turned up at United. Palace were in a situation where they appeased him knowing they had to keep him sweet, whereas a club of United's stature simply won't accept it. This is now a crucial season for him, at 21 he'll need to demonstrate some maturity of risk going the same way of other precocious oiks like Morrison.

Pish. You don't need to actually watch a player to conclude how good they are these days. As long as they're young, pacy and have hunger that's all that counts. Just look at Williams, Brown and Layne. It doesn't matter that we've been subject to circa 90 minutes of football from them against lower-league opposition, we all saw enough from them to know they're better players than anything else we have.

In all seriousness, Zaha's attitude - in particular his dislike of training sessions and turning up for team meetings/briefings - were well known even before he turned up at United. Palace were in a situation where they appeased him knowing they had to keep him sweet, whereas a club of United's stature simply won't accept it. This is now a crucial season for him, at 21 he'll need to demonstrate some maturity of risk going the same way of other precocious oiks like Morrison.

Against Newcastle he looked good despite the baggage he carries add his age and he might grow up !

just saw an interview on tv with the" gormless" one,sadly i dislike him now so much,i had to turn to another channel.He must be "over the moon" that O.Hitzfeld is no longer Swiss manager,because he would have battered Hodgsons team &tactics.Just hope we get off to a good start:omg::omg:. The German team trained,yesterday,watched by a crowd of 40,000..i wonder how many we willget tomorrow v Norway..Think they have now sold 20,000..also giving away free tickets now..What a good job "The F A" are doing !!!!!!!!!!

just saw an interview on tv with the" gormless" one,sadly i dislike him now so much,i had to turn to another channel.He must be "over the moon" that O.Hitzfeld is no longer Swiss manager,because he would have battered Hodgsons team &tactics.Just hope we get off to a good start:omg::omg:. The German team trained,yesterday,watched by a crowd of 40,000..i wonder how many we willget tomorrow v Norway..Think they have now sold 20,000..also giving away free tickets now..What a good job "The F A" are doing !!!!!!!!!!

Well of course the German team trained in front of a sizeable crowd, it was part of their World Cup celebrations! It's the first time the team have met since the World Cup and they advertised it was an open training session with Joachim Loew doing a lap of honour with the trophy. If England won the World Cup and did the same, we'd get a similar audience.

They've sold about 40,000 tickets for tonight.

They're giving away 500 free tickets to the Tickets for Troops initiative, something they've agreed to do for every international fixture until 2016. What utter, utter *******s.

Interesting line-up for tonight's game though I think. Everyone seems to be suggesting it'll be a 4-4-2, but with Stones at right-back I think there's more than enough scope to switch a 3-4-1-2 with Stones/Jones/Cahill fronted by a midfield of Ox/Henderson/Wilshere/Baines and Sterling playing behind Sturridge and Rooney.

I think Roy has done a tremendous job in making us the world's laughing stock and we surely cannot get any worse????

I think Roy has done a tremendous job in making us the world's laughing stock and we surely cannot get any worse????

Indeed. Every time I speak to someone and they ask what country I'm from, when I tell them they all laugh at me and say you're rubbish at football.

Happens every single time, and I'm getting sick of it.

Interesting line-up for tonight's game though I think. Everyone seems to be suggesting it'll be a 4-4-2, but with Stones at right-back I think there's more than enough scope to switch a 3-4-1-2 with Stones/Jones/Cahill fronted by a midfield of Ox/Henderson/Wilshere/Baines and Sterling playing behind Sturridge and Rooney.

Now that could be tasty. Shame Barkley or Wellbeck aren't fit for this one as well. Would have been good to see them in this fairly new look side, especially if the formation was indeed 3412.

Wembley announced today England will play there for possibly the next 10 year's to clear the debt and hopefully win games in style to win back fans.

Err try reducing the pricing on tickets food booze and darn parking might help.

Now that could be tasty. Shame Barkley or Wellbeck aren't fit for this one as well. Would have been good to see them in this fairly new look side, especially if the formation was indeed 3412.

Barkley in for Wilshere and I'd make that a fairly formidable line-up, especially by the time the Euros rolls around.

Indeed. Every time I speak to someone and they ask what country I'm from, when I tell them they all laugh at me and say you're rubbish at football.

Happens every single time, and I'm getting sick of it.

Haha I know what you mean,We recently were in Spain and were slaughtered by Italians !,Being fair it was good humoured .

Back