• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Running Thread

I deal with that in one of two ways. The first is to always buy the range I want, but the one before the latest model. That way you get a much better deal. So, at the moment I'm using the Gel Nimbus range. The latest model is the 22. which is about £155, but you can get the 21 for around £110. (The 20 is currently around £90.)

The second is to use the 50% discount I get once a year from my health insurance.
ASICS outlet (on line) have a flash sale today ( singles day- from China) lots of stuff 30% off already discounted price
Nimbus 21 £75

Just getting back into running after stepping on the bathroom scales ?. Like previous posts I have good days and days where 3 miles feel like a marathon. Went out in the peeing rain on Sunday morning and really enjoyed a steady 6 miles.
Defo up for a Shrimper park run.

Managed to get out for the last 3 days and do 6km each time at a fair pace.

Going to stick to this route for now as i'm comfortable doing it and it's about as long as I can run without getting totally bored.

The sooner the stupid rules on stopping recreational sports are lifted and I can get back to playing football the better

Get a foam roller and never run on an injury
Haha!
True enough BUT when you get to your sixties you will find there are two things salient to this; if you didn't run with a manageable injury you would rarely run and never is more of a sometimes.

I don't think it is an injury - I think it is just all the muscles in my legs getting used to running.

I used to run with a group of guys during our lunch breaks. They were all serious runners so when one of them invited me to join I told them not to wait for me. His answer was that they weren't doing it for speed, just to build up miles in their legs, so slow was good.

It does sound to me that you just need to build up the miles...

I used to run with a group of guys during our lunch breaks. They were all serious runners so when one of them invited me to join I told them not to wait for me. His answer was that they weren't doing it for speed, just to build up miles in their legs, so slow was good.

It does sound to me that you just need to build up the miles...

That's why I am sticking to couch to 5k.

I think I need time to strengthen all those small muscles that stabilise joints etc.

That's why I am sticking to couch to 5k.

I think I need time to strengthen all those small muscles that stabilise joints etc.

Slowly by surely. It doesn't matter how long it takes, it's the distance that counts.

I have finished week two of couch to 5k and the niggling pains are clearing up.

I have discovered that Chalkwell beach prom whilst nice slopes towards the sea which makes running uncomfortable.

I am doing two out of three sessions on Waterside running track which is much easier on my knees.

I have discovered that Chalkwell beach prom whilst nice slopes towards the sea which makes running uncomfortable.

I am doing two out of three sessions on Waterside running track which is much easier on my knees.
Yeah when I run in Harlow I do to many steps and hills and it’s just to much on my Achilles, so much better running on grass or driving somewhere and running flat instead of hills.

Sensible. Even when I'm on pavements I try to run on the leaves etc. At this time of the year that's a lot easier. Even that makes a difference.

Sensible. Even when I'm on pavements I try to run on the leaves etc. At this time of the year that's a lot easier. Even that makes a difference.

My usual 5km route through Grove Woods in Rayleigh is now very soft underfoot, if you can keep out the sludge and avoid losing a shoe, the soft ground is helping with the stresses and strains on my feet/legs.

Back