• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sad news for Sammy the Shrimp

RIP.

Just to say as well, very well written tribute above.

I am curious for the opinions of the people who knew him - what would be the better tribute, a minutes silence or applause?

some lovely words have already been posted on this thread so i'll just add my condolences and hope the club do a minutes' applause on saturday for someone who'll be sorely missed.

RIP

Sad news indeed. Sincere condolences to his family and friends.

A true SUFC man through and through..... May he rest in peace.

Well written Einstein. Its always sad to read about someone who shares our passion for Southend Utd has died. I think a minutes applause would be most appropriate for someone whom i never met but have smiled at everytime he passed the west stand... does anyone have any photos of sammy or robin that they can post up.

Dave

R.I.P.

He also worked on Match Days with the helping of the kids mascots, showing kids and their parents where to go, helping them find their seats, making sure they got all the autographs from favourite players etc. Even in this role, he made sure that every child and parent had had a wonderful time by the time they had taken their seats for the game.

My son was mascot at a game 2 seasons ago and he still remembers Robin & he helped make it a special day. RIP Robin.

Now I know that the above was mentioned at half time and the crowd did a spontaneous round of applause, but am I the only one thinking it was a bit poor that there were no black armbands for the players and/or minutes whatever before the match?

Unless, of course, there was a specific reason/request not to.

I've only just noticed this thread. I knew Robin through various things and what Einstin wrote summed it up. He wasn't very well at all but he never 'played' on it he just got on with what he had to do. I never really knew how ill he was at times until other people mentioned it in the quiet ear. He was a lovely man and people that are not best for health but carry on like nothing is wrong gain my maximum respect and he was one of those people. R.I.P. Robin.

Back