• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SAD NEWS TODAY RE SOUTHEND FAN

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Aug. 17 2006,11:03)]Done.

Brian Wheeler or whoever deals with that side of things, will be calling me back.
If anything else is required i'll be back on here ..........
its down to the Club Secretary , Helen Norbury, who is not in today.

She will look into it tomorrow when she is back in ........

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Aug. 17 2006,11:20)]
[b said:

Brian Wheeler or whoever deals with that side of things, will be calling me back.

If for some reason they dont do it we should make our feelings know and flood the club with emails.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pitsea shrimper @ Aug. 17 2006,11:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Aug. 17 2006,11:20)]
[b said:

If for some reason they dont do it we should make our feelings know and flood the club with emails.
Yeah I think a if a few people send them now it would not hurt!

Very Sad News

My deepest condolences to Jamies family...Thinking of them at this difficult time.

If there is any small thing we as Southend Fans can do to support the family I'd like to help.

I have just spoken to the Club. There will be a tribute paid to Jamie at the game on Saturday, but this is unlikley to take the form of a Minutes Silence, but probably a spoken tribute.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimperstrust @ Aug. 17 2006,11:53)]I have just spoken to the Club. There will be a tribute paid to Jamie at the game on Saturday, but this is unlikley to take the form of a Minutes Silence, but probably a spoken tribute.
Club cant go the full length as usualI feel a minutes silence is the best way to respect this lad it reaches out to EVERYBODY in the ground!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimperstrust @ Aug. 17 2006,11:53)]I have just spoken to the Club. There will be a tribute paid to Jamie at the game on Saturday, but this is unlikley to take the form of a Minutes Silence, but probably a spoken tribute.
If thats the case that is terrible.How hard can if be to set up a minutes silence.The club really does make me sick sometimes.
mad.gif

I think as soon as they mention it we should start a minutes clapping.

I don't know if Shrimperstrust will be able to confirm this but when I spoke to the club they thought that they may need to contact the league about a minutes silence, which is why they were unsure if they could do it, and also the "one in the know", Helen the club secretary is not in today.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Aug. 17 2006,12:05)]I don't know if Shrimperstrust will be able to confirm this but when I spoke to the club they thought that they may need to contact the league about a minutes silence, which is why they were unsure if they could do it, and also the "one in the know", Helen the club secretary is not in today.
Exactly. Come on guys, clearly this is an emotive subject but I'm sure everyone at the club would WANT to hold a minute's silence just like the rest of us?

I agree that we should do an unofficial minutes clapping. Jamie was one of us and if the club cannot arrange something, we should do it for them!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Aug. 17 2006,12:05)]I don't know if Shrimperstrust will be able to confirm this but when I spoke to the club they thought that they may need to contact the league about a minutes silence, which is why they were unsure if they could do it, and also the "one in the know", Helen the club secretary is not in today.
That's correct.

Also you do have to bear in mind that the Club do get a lot of requests of this nature, and I believe feel that it is just not possible to hold a minutes silence for every case no matter how deserving.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperian @ Aug. 17 2006,12:20)]I agree that we should do an unofficial minutes clapping.  Jamie was one of us and if the club cannot arrange something, we should do it for them!!!
True but it don't stop the club pulling there finger out!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimperstrust @ Aug. 17 2006,12:59)]
[b said:
That's correct.

Also you do have to bear in mind that the Club do get a lot of requests of this nature, and I believe feel that it is just not possible to hold a minutes silence for every case no matter how deserving.
I think you may be right, and they could easily be swamped with these requests.

Could whoever is in touch with the club maybe talk about club representation at the funeral and are there SZ funds to send a big club crest at the funeral, hopefully something the family would appreciate.

I don't think I knew this chap but will throw in a £5 to get things started if no such funds exist. Would give to someone like McNasty?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Aug. 17 2006,13:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimperstrust @ Aug. 17 2006,12:59)]
[b said:
That's correct.

I think you may be right, and they could easily be swamped with these requests.

Could whoever is in touch with the club maybe talk about club representation at the funeral and are there SZ funds to send a big club crest at the funeral, hopefully something the family would appreciate.

I don't think I knew this chap but will  throw in a £5 to get things started if no such funds exist.  Would give to someone like McNasty?
Currently we have no fund as such , but I'm sure a floral tribute at the funeral wouldn't go amiss.

Does anyone know if Colin or Jamie have posted on here , if so under what name ?

Ken

THE STRANGE THING IS THIS AS WELL, JAMIES GRANDMOTHER IS FROM SUNDERLAND, WHICH I HAD COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN ABOUT, I DONT THINK COLIN OR JAMIE POST ON HERE.

COLIN IS VERY MUCH OLD SCHOOL TERMS OF SOUTHEND, AND THEY JUST SEEM TO HAVE BEEN AROUND SINCE THE YEAR DOT FOLLOWING THE SHRIMPERS, ITS HARD GETTING USED TO IT.

Hi everyone. I'm Colin's nephew and being a regular here have told him about the messages of sympathy and support which have been coming though. I am going to print them off as he said he would love to read through them all. Colin & Family wants to pass on thanks for all the kind messages received at this terrible time.

The funeral date is Tues 29th August at 2.30pm at Sutton Road Crematorium for service then the burial across the road. Afterwards the farewell maybe at Boots and Laces (this is still to be confirmed probably tomorrow). Everyone is welcome to attend.

Thanks again for the messages of support.

Sticky,

My Father in law was in the next bed to Vic (Colins dad, your Grandad I presume) the other week, How is he now ?

My thoughts are with the familiy at this terrible time.

Helen from the club has just rung, the club (Brian Wheeler) has been in contact with Colin directly (and Paul Yeomanson from the Trust) and ,although there will not be a minutes silence at tomorrows game, there will be a spoken tribute and a tribute will be in the next home programme

Back