• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SAD NEWS TODAY RE SOUTHEND FAN

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Aug. 18 2006,08:27)]Sticky,

My Father in law was in the next bed to Vic (Colins dad, your Grandad I presume) the other week, How is he now ?

My thoughts are with the familiy at this terrible time.
He is not too good to be honest. Thanks

Just to confirm the farewell is at Boots and Laces. Everyone is welcome to attend

Some years ago, when we were last in this division, I had to run an errand before a home match up to Chelmsford. On the way back around noon, I got caught up in a traffic jame on the old A130. I cursed the bloody sod who had probably decided to change his puncture in the carriageway as I sat there for 2 hours. Finally, we were channelled up the other side of the 130 past the cause of the hold up. Just the other side of the Carpenters Arms roundabout was a people carrier, completely crushed from front to the rear windows, in which two small child size Southend shirts were hanging. A lorry had hit them what seemed to be head on. I got o Rayleigh Wier somehow, with that image in my mind and there I had to pull over and be sick! I got to the game but was numb. The front page of the Echo on the Monday confirmed that the family except the driver I believe were sadly killed that day on the way to getting a McDonalds en route to the match. That experience has deeply affected me since. Not that I ever rejoiced in it before, but since then I hate to hear of football fans, even of other clubs, dying at a young age. I, like so many of us, applauded heartily last week at QPR in memory of Kiyan Prince, now with the news of Jamies demise, it is one of our own that we are remembering. It is very sobering. I didnt know Jamie but have been just as shocked by the news of his death as those on here that did know him. If there is a God, may he protect the rest of us and look after Jamie's soul. Rest in Peace fellow Shrimper, we will all miss you.

Although i didn't know the lad personally, Its very sad to see someone so young and, from the posts here, so committed to the football club pass away, especially under tragic circumstances.

R.I.P

I'm gutted, as everyone else is.
Thoughts are with everyone who knew Jamie.

God bless his soul.

Back